Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Rascal_H
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E8436691-4054-4974-BFF2-A4FF87E5B100 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    Krv6QQM (resized).jpg
    262y8j (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron911.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

You've got it all mixed up. The only stupid people are the ones spending more than they make and making an interest payment. I have never in my life paid a cent of interest or a fee to a credit card company. Unless you live in a cave and never touch technology the companies already know your habits better than you do. You might as well get paid for giving up that information with credit card points since you really have no choice.
    Furthermore, people in credit card debt aren't victims like you're alluding to. They did it to themselves through lack of self-control. If you can't handle the temptation of a credit card then by all means you shouldn't use one, but credit cards have a huge benefit to those that are financially responsible. Also, the cost of the bonus points are shared by the business that pay a fee to accept the credit card and the people up to their eyeballs in credit card debt not from the sale of your information.

Well then you live in an apartment or a tent. Or you were given an inheritance. Very, very few people can afford to drop cash for payment in full on a house. And, most can't pay for a car with cash. And, you must have never had a medical emergency or emergency in general (say a central air dies on you). Credit is there for a reason. It's just for many credit is used for a convenience now not for what it's original intent was.

#26 6 years ago

And, btw, there is legal precedent that you HAVE to take cash. Read the bill itself... it is says "This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private" Cashless society would be dire for the U.S. government as it would move toward a unified currency. The U.S. makes money simply because the dollar is the most stable currency in the world.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

He said he's never paid a cent of interest to a CREDIT CARD company, nothing about cars and houses as that's a different beast. I'm in the same boat he is -- I've never paid a cent of credit card interest and I use the card for everything (my wife once used the card on a 60 cent cookie cutter, true story...). It actually helps me track my spending because I import all of my data into Quicken for easy analysis. I can tell you how much I spent eating lunch at restaurants in Q3 of 2014 if I want. It's great for reviewing spending changes and finding areas to spend less in so you have more money to buy pins.

PayPal the first time, and a personal check the second... I guess my sellers were trusting, and I appreciate it (since they had to ship both of them). (I realize I'm the outlier here though).

My bad. I was scanning and thought he said credit.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron911.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-ups-not-taking-cash-anymore?tu=robotron911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.