Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Rascal_H
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E8436691-4054-4974-BFF2-A4FF87E5B100 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    Krv6QQM (resized).jpg
    262y8j (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I personally do not want to go down the cashless road.....

When this world will no longer accept cash is when I move to Uranus.

#50 6 years ago

Love being in line behind some stupid asshole whose credit card won't work when trying to make an under $5 purchase and doesn't have the brains or courtesy to open up his wallet and throw out a 5 dollar bill to get the show on the road.

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from ronaldvg:

I do not like being tracked every minute of the day, as they do.

Beside the traditional convenience, that is one of the main reasons I use and prefer cash whenever possible. It is nobody's business but my own how much I spend and what I spend it on. Or even what I might sell or how much I sell it for. Not to mention the security of not putting any more personal information out there than I have to.

#58 6 years ago

262y8j (resized).jpg262y8j (resized).jpg

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

what aboot the person behind you that has to wait for you to get your quill & checkbook out.

I give the old ladies a pass on that one.

But younger people that hold up the line with their lame cards or devices to make a simple purchase should all be put out on some ice flow and left to fend for themselves.

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You think that's bad, what aboot the people behind you that have to wait for the clerk to weigh out your gold dust?

Krv6QQM (resized).jpgKrv6QQM (resized).jpg

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Have you ever timed a 7-11 employee counting loose change? I'll take the lame card/device every time. The real holdup is always the old folks buying lotto tickets anyway.

The cash registers are so smart now they tell the clerk how much change to give. Without that feature we would be in big trouble. Sometimes they don't even notice a customer standing there as they tap away on their stupid phones.

Yes the lottery buyers can be a holdup. But anytime somebody pulls out a phone or card when paying, I know good and well I may be standing there for a while.

Even something as simple as paying to go bowling, we stood there for 10-15 minutes while some lady figured out how to download and get some app to work so she could save a couple dollars.

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I'm taking about when the customer pays with change.

Sometimes I go in and pay with all pennies or change because that's where I got it in the first place.

If that causes some kind of holdup for those behind me that want to pay with a card or fiddle fk around with their phone, for some reason I don't really feel that bad about it. And I'm sure those that hold up the line because of their malfunctions probably don't give a shit about those waiting behind them either.

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Wonder if a generation from now the person behind me in line will be thinking "Hurry up Dude, Scan you Eyeball Already!" as I fumble with my old fashioned form of payment.

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

This is classic thinking right here. I hate people that take a bunch of time but I can take a bunch of time because it's me.
    My big one is almost running over college students walking in the road and calling them assholes and then I do the same thing and say "Screw you I'm a townie!"

Well, the way I see it is it is my 7-11 and my town and everybody else that doesn't look familiar or do things the way things have always been done is just a tourist and better get out of my way and don't waste my time.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

#114 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I agree, it would be worse without the smart registers. But it is painful to stand there and watch the clerk struggle to count out 43 cents worth of change. 43 cents is fresh in my mind because I was given four dimes and three pennies last week.

That's when you need to hand him an extra 43 cents along with your paper money when you pay to really put him into a tailspin. If that don't get him to put down his phone and start thinking again, nothing will.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-ups-not-taking-cash-anymore?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.