Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Rascal_H
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E8436691-4054-4974-BFF2-A4FF87E5B100 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    Krv6QQM (resized).jpg
    262y8j (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah since everything switched over to a chip on CC here now it seems to have slowed things down more than ever. Spend a lot of awkward time staring a the card reader.

another weird US thing.. its not like that overseas. Even when the banks here FINALLY moved to Chip.. they still screwed it up with chip+sign cards.

#126 6 years ago
    Quoted from ronaldvg:

Look at it like this: if I pay 10 dollar to a business, they do not get the full 10 dollars but have to give some percentage to the creditcard company. If this happens say 50 times or whatever, the original 10 dollars are gone in cost.
    If I pay 10 dollar cash, this 10 dollar can be spent over and over again without any cost whatsoever.
    Think about it.

The money does not decay or disappear....

Your 50 times theory has the cost paid 50 times as well. Margin they have on your sale... is still the same.

You paid 10.... the business will get x, the gov will get y, the payment processor will get z, etc. the flaw in your thinking is that you gave the business 10. No, they collected 10... not got 10 for themselves.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-ups-not-taking-cash-anymore?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.