Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Rascal_H
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E8436691-4054-4974-BFF2-A4FF87E5B100 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    Krv6QQM (resized).jpg
    262y8j (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 6 years ago

Typical day if you are a cash carrying member:

$50.00 worth of gas. Groceries spent $45.00. Stopped for lunch at ???? and spend another $15.00. End of day total = $110.00

Day 2: Go to bank and make another cash withdrawal.

Day 3 is like day 1. Different goods, though. More gas.

Day 4: Go to bank and make another cash withdrawal............

I use a credit card for everything and pay off at end on month.

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from jester523:

In Arizona, you get charged a fee if you deposit more than $5000 a month in cash in the bank. I think that's pretty crazy.

Yeah, it sounds crazy. I cannot find anywhere with a Google search that you get hit with fees for monthly deposit totals that exceed $5,000.00. What AZ bank charges those kind of fees, please ?

#110 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The cash registers are so smart now they tell the clerk how much change to give. Without that feature we would be in big trouble.

I agree, it would be worse without the smart registers. But it is painful to stand there and watch the clerk struggle to count out 43 cents worth of change. 43 cents is fresh in my mind because I was given four dimes and three pennies last week. It was not one nickel, one dime, one quarter and three pennies. The clerk could not add 5+ 10+ 25 + 3 = 43 ! So I got four dimes plus three pennies.

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

If you refuse to carry cash, wait till you pull into a town that lost power. You WILL NOT get gas, lodging or food.

Dude, if you pull into a town with no power it does not matter how much cash you have in your pocket. You ain't getting any gas because the gas pumps pump gas with electric motors. No power means no pumps pumping.

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from jester523:

Every AZ bank from what I'm told. I use midfirst and chase. These are both business accounts though. So maybe business only? I found out because there was a fee on my bank statement at midfirst, so I called to ask what it was and they told me it was because I deposited too much cash in that month. I then went to chase and opened an account there and they told me it's a state thing. The limit is five 5k per month at chase but if you have over 100k they waive the fee.
    The banker told me you can "get around it" by depositing cash in the atm.
    Edit - I think it's just business accounts (You can see cash deposit fees in the chase link below)
    https://www.chase.com/business/checking

I looked at the Chase link. I see a bank with 3 tier levels of accounts. If you are a small business, for a $1500.00 balance you get free checking and the agreement that you can deposit up to $5000.00 cash per month with no extra fees. Banks have to hire people to count and handle cash whereas direct deposits are a no-labor transaction. So, if you want to run a lot of cash through your checking account and you don't want to deposit a larger amount of cash so the bank can make some interest off of your cash to help offset bank's labor cost of handling your cash deposits the then you are going ot pay a fee.

In that link, it shows that Chase allows you so many transactions per month before any fees are accessed. Unspoken is what the bank would define as a transaction. Also unspoken is how the bank classifies any checks you deposit. Checks, like cash, need human interaction; so does the bank classify any check in your deposits as cash? Or does each check you deposit count as one transaction?

The banker telling you that you can "get around it" by depositing at the ATM sounds strange. I just don't see every business owner lined up at the ATM to deposit of thousands of dollars of cash to avoid a $15.00 monthly fee.

So, I see a bank making its own policies for business checking accounts. I don't see anything anywhere that supports the notion that Arizona has some cash deposit limit in effect. I not saying that AZ does not have a law about cash deposits but I cannot find anything anywhere that talks about it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-ups-not-taking-cash-anymore?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.