218.JPG
216.JPG
217.JPG
213.JPG
215.JPG
214.JPG
210.JPG
212.JPG
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

Ledge
Sorry, my TOM is not going anywhere!
Thanks for the kind words!

It will once you put CV next to it TOM is just a reversed CV layout with lesser rules. Congrats on your pickup Dan, glad to see your health is coming around and you are back in the swing of things.

For anyone that hasn't met Dan, he is a super nice guy and is as honest as they come. You cant go wrong with any of his games.

#102 9 years ago

BTW: I recently sold my DP DINER in fair condition, for $3,500 to the first person who looked at it.

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Just curious, how do you know for sure that it only had 287 total plays on it? For a game that's 17 years old, the batteries have probably been replaced several times and the memory wiped out at least once.

If you seen this machine inside and out, you would have NO doubts about it. Plus the fact that all his OTHER NIB pins looked the exact same way as the CV and he was very anal about everything. These pins where flawless and I could NOT play the other pins and he stated that he is a collector, not a player and ALL of his pins backed up his statements, not just my CV.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

o-din

That's funny ... LOL ...

I am still a EM guy and I could NOT part with those classics!

Yeah man! Once they are gone, they ain't never comin' back! My sentiments exactly. I don't know what condition yours are in, but anybody that has original, collector quality EMs from the 60s and prior knows exactly what this hobby is REALLY all about.

#105 9 years ago

Hi Tim

Thanks for the kind words and congratulations to you and your family on your baby boy! I actually was going to get a hold of you, as I have something for him.

ralphwiggum is a awesome , generous, nice and trustworthy man. This guy took MANY, MANY hours in shopping out this taxi for me and wanted NOTHING for doing that ... plus he delivered it to my house for NO charge!!! He was super busy with other things and had a baby on the way and put all that aside and still did that for me. I am so grateful. Man this dude rocks!!!!

There are also a few other of you guys out there that help me out ALOT (Corey, Paul X2, Neo, JR). I really do appreciate everything!!! THANKS!!!

Dan

#106 9 years ago

Your Cyclone sounds sweet. Mine is close to yours but very minor plastics issues & my cabinet has some nicks/wear but no fade. I wouldn't let it go for less than $2300. It's a keeper for me though for sentimental value. Congrats on your CV! It's on my wish list.

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah man! Once they are gone, they ain't never comin' back! My sentiments exactly. I don't know what condition yours are in, but anybody that has original, collector quality EMs from the 60s and prior knows exactly what this hobby is REALLY all about.

o-din

You are so right about that! I LOVE my EM's and just recently started getting into the newer DMD pins ... I call 1998 and back newer ... LOL

I just wish I would have started purching these DMD pins about 4 years earlier and that would have saved myself some BIG MONEY! I am still a EM guy at heart though

Dan

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

BTW: I recently sold my DP DINER in fair condition, for $3,500 to the first person who looked at it.

I hear you!!! System 11's with DP playfields are almost impossible to find. Finding ANY system 11 pin in really NICE shape is also getting very hard.

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

I just wish I would have started purching these DMD pins about 4 years earlier and that would have saved myself some BIG MONEY! I am still a EM guy at heart though

I just wish i had started purchasing EMs before DMDs even existed. But then I wouldn't have been free and easy and traveling light like I was back in the day. However it all worked out, I ended up with some very nice EM classics and my favorite DMDs from the 90s. Life is good, and i'm not complaining!

#110 9 years ago

So are all three still for sale?

#111 9 years ago

$7500 is a good price for a mint one.

Now where's the pictures of that beauty?

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

Now where's the pictures of that beauty?

How does it go....Picks or it didn't happen

#113 9 years ago

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and congratulating me on purchasing this pin, I appreciate it!

I had ALOT of responses from people wanting to purchase my 3 pins (WHIRLWIND, CYCLONE, TAXI) that I listed above. They are all SOLD ... pending payment. I will miss them greatly

The Bally SKILL ROLL is also SOLD, pending payment. Thanks to everyone for your interest!

I will post pictures of my CV, as soon as I make room for it and get it set-up.

Dan

#114 9 years ago

Bingo Bango!

#115 9 years ago

Thanks Ted!!!!

#116 9 years ago

Can't wait to see pix of this beauty! Ya done good!

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You smoking something Tom?
I know of 2 Wwind that were similar condition (Diamond plate near perfect pfs, all new ramps/plastics/toppers, and all decked out) that sold instantly for $2800-3000.
Nice Wwinds are rare. Crappy Wwinds are expensive to make nice.

You know better Hilton, I leave the "smokin something" to you.

You have been hangin around Neo too much on your pricing. Must be a WI thang. Buy really low, sell really high.

Sorry, I forgot to pander along with that theme on this troll thread.

#118 9 years ago

Bingo Bango? You didn't mention you had one of those!
Overall_view.jpgOverall_view.jpg

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

You have been hangin around Neo too much on your pricing. Must be a WI thang. Buy really low, sell really high.

When you can even FIND a WHIRLWIND, with a DP playfield with NO wear at all, NEW ramps, NEW plastics, NEW topper, all NEW playfield parts, LED's (Coin Taker), cliffy protectors, everything completely gone through, rebuilt and shopped out, with a beautiful original cabinet for even $3,000
PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

If you seen this machine inside and out, you would have NO doubts about it. Plus the fact that all his OTHER NIB pins looked the exact same way as the CV and he was very anal about everything. These pins where flawless and I could NOT play the other pins and he stated that he is a collector, not a player and ALL of his pins backed up his statements, not just my CV.

interesting that he chose that particular pin, and has kept the others. and why he decided to move one on.... anyway thats neither here or there, main thing is you got a great machine at a great price.

#121 9 years ago

Hey o-din

I am getting a POP-A-CARD pin and wait to I show you pics of this playfield ... it is sweet!!!! No wear at all. This is also a classic pin, that is very challenging, as it still has the 2" flippers and those side stand up targets are a beast to hit!

Dan

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and congratulating me on purchasing this pin, I appreciate it!
I had ALOT of responses from people wanting to purchase my 3 pins (Whirlwind, CYCLONE, TAXI) that I listed above. They are all SOLD ... pending payment. I will miss them greatly
The Bally SKILL ROLL is also SOLD, pending payment. Thanks to everyone for your interest!
I will post pictures of my CV, as soon as I make room for it and get it set-up.
Dan

Well, was I right on my estimate of the sale time for Wwind? i.e. almost instantly at 2800plus?

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Well, was I right on my estimate of the sale time for Wwind? i.e. almost instantly at 2800plus?

YES, you were!!!

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

YES, you were!!!

figured I was spot on.

Quoted from roc-noc:

Sorry Tom, but a nice game is in a different world and you know that. The spectrum of price is wide for Wwind but so is the spectrum of condition.

I passed along a 1000 core Wwind to a friend and I think he is over 3300 now plus tons of work (new pf, ramps, plastics, restore parts, etc).

Take your choice on that quality spectrum of what you want and if you are looking for either DP and super nice original or CPR pf swap and super nice, with all new bits then you are going to be in the 3k range.

This is now the 3rd sale I know of (actually 4 if you include the one I bought) that sold in minutes. Wwind is a great game and many people value one that is really nice when buying one.

If you want a turd core beater then you can probably find one for 1400. If you want a cleaned up player then 2200. Super nice then 3k.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

I just joined the "circus", with a awesome purchase last night ... a 1997 Bally "CIRQUS VOLTAIRE" pinball machine that is HUO, from the original owner with a total of only 287 plays on it!!!
This pin looks BRAND NEW, exactly like it was just taken out of the box from 1997. This man is a "collector" as he kept telling me and has 9 pins that are HUO and all were purchased new in box by him. Again, he states he is a collector and hardly ever plays any of them ... obviously ... and believe me, this is true ... I was drooling over all of them because they were all in MINT shape, all were FLAWLESS!!!!
These pins are all so CLEAN, you honestly would NOT believe it! The pin that has the most plays on it in his collection is his "TWILIGHT ZONE" that has 752 plays on it.
He was so anal, that he asked me and my wife to take off our rings and watches before we could go into his game room and to please not TOUCH any of his pins at all, besides the CV pin (and I thought I was anal about stuff). Of course that meant that we could NOT play ANY of the other pins in his collection, because he was not selling these at the present time!
Anyways, what a night and I just thought I would share this story!
Dan

I know who he is...I bought his scared stiff years ago..Hell of a nice guy!
My scared stiff (also HUO) now has just shy of 800 plays now..it was less then 500 when I got that from him.
I carried on the tradition of no rings..there was not a tiny-est mark on it..so I wanted it to stay that way. That TZ had 200 plays at that time...so J--- must be playing that a little bit more lately..he offered me cv awhile back..you are right..All of his are perfect. What a collection!

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I know who he is...I bought his Scared Stiff years ago..Hell of a nice guy!
My Scared Stiff (also HUO) now has just shy of 800 plays now..it was less then 500 when I got that from him.
I carried on the tradition of no rings..there was not a tiny-est mark on it..so I wanted it to stay that way. That TZ had 200 plays at that time...so J--- must be playing that a little bit more lately..he offered me cv awhile back..you are right..All of his are perfect. What a collection!

Well I quess you do know him, his name does start with a J and he did say he sold a scared stiff years ago. He really is NICE guy, SUPER NICE guy infact. He and his wife are very good people! ... I have no complaints at all!

#127 9 years ago

Congrats on your CV. 7500 in stated condition I believe is a good deal also.

I too want to see pictures or it did not happen.

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

Well I quess you do know him, his name does start with a J and he did say he sold a Scared Stiff years ago. He really is NICE guy, SUPER NICE guy infact. He and his wife are very good people! ... I have no complaints at all!

Congrats! That pin is a gem! And the topper just makes it stand out in any collection. I know exactly how you feel..you now own one of the best examples, and that is fact. Enjoy!

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Congrats! That pin is a gem! And the topper just makes it stand out in any collection. I know exactly how you feel..you now own one of the best examples, and that is fact. Enjoy!

Thanks ShinyBall, I appreciate that! I am glad you know this guy and have been over to his house and seen his collection ... it just backs up my story and shows that it is true to the people that don't believe it.

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

Hey o-din
I am getting a POP-A-CARD pin and wait to I show you pics of this playfield ... it is sweet!!!! No wear at all. This is also a classic pin, that is very challenging, as it still has the 2" flippers and those side stand up targets are a beast to hit!
Dan

My favorite EM when I'm drinking enjoy it!

#131 9 years ago

I had a chance to buy a cv about 6 months ago in about the same shape , 8000k i wish i bought it but i blew my wad on a woz ...did pick up a nice twilight zone for 5500 in good shape about 3 months ago , my first pin was a cyclone about 15 years ago, everything works but really needs a play field, can never sell my first pin 14 and counting thinking about the big lewbowski next!!!

1 month later
#132 9 years ago

Finally got my CIRQUS VOLTATE pin set-up. Here are some pictures as promised 201.JPG201.JPG202.JPG202.JPG203.JPG203.JPG204.JPG204.JPG205.JPG205.JPG206.JPG206.JPG207.JPG207.JPG208.JPG208.JPG209.JPG209.JPG210.JPG210.JPG211.JPG211.JPG212.JPG212.JPG213.JPG213.JPG214.JPG214.JPG215.JPG215.JPG216.JPG216.JPG217.JPG217.JPG218.JPG218.JPG219.JPG219.JPG220.JPG220.JPG221.JPG221.JPG222.JPG222.JPG223.JPG223.JPG224.JPG224.JPG225.JPG225.JPG226.JPG226.JPG

#133 9 years ago

Remember, these are all the original bulbs from 1997 yet ... so no LED's ... yet that is! That will be the next project. It should really be bright and and even more colorful then, if that is possible on this pin

Dan

#134 9 years ago

Wow. That CV is immaculate. Great find!

#136 9 years ago

I can not believe you didn't use some sort of leg protector when you bolted the legs on ! That's a huge no-no and it should be taken away from you !

#137 9 years ago

even the transformer looks minty fresh.

very nice.

#138 9 years ago

Very Nice

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

plus he delivered it to my house for NO charge!!!

Kinda.

Quoted from DB62:

I had ALOT of responses from people wanting to purchase my 3 pins (Whirlwind, SOLD ... pending payment.

d'oh!

congrats on the cv

#140 9 years ago

That's a beautiful looking machine! Kind of bummed I missed out on a nice Taxi from my old highschool town.

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

I can not believe you didn't use some sort of leg protector when you bolted the legs on ! That's a huge no-no and it should be taken away from you !

I actually do have leg protectors on there. They are the good ones ... the metal ones that fit inside your legs. You won't see them and the legs never touch the cab.

#142 9 years ago

With leds your game will really light up....as long as you don't color bomb it. People have to be able to see all that beautiful pf art. With leds is this game going to need the OCD board? I would think so.

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

With leds your game will really light up....as long as you don't color bomb it. People have to be able to see all that beautiful pf art. With leds is this game going to need the OCD board? I would think so.

I don't know about the OCD board in my CV. I have Cointaker LED's in my TOM & SS and there is no flickering or problems ... but my FT has ALOT of flickering and problems with the LED's.

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

I don't know about the OCD board in my CV. I have Cointaker LED's in my TOM & SS and there is no flickering or problems ... but my FT has ALOT of flickering and problems with the LED's.

Does the game have unique fade patterns to the inserts? That's where the OCD board really shines and leds just can't do.

#145 9 years ago

Yes, the fish tales does, so maybe that's why I notice it so much on that pin. Thanks for pointing that out.

Where is the best place to purchase a OCD board and are they specific for different pins, or is there just one that fits all?

#146 9 years ago

Oh crap, I just looked it up www.ledocd.com and they don't make it for Bally games. Pinsider by the name "herg" makes them.

#147 9 years ago

That was definitely NIB at 99.7%!!!

#148 9 years ago

What method did you mount the frames to the head?

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

What method did you mount the frames to the head?

The original owner mounted them with a couple of velcro strips ... there are NO holes that were drilled

#150 9 years ago

Stunning!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.00
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-unbelievable-pinball-purchase-last-night/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.