Topic Stats

• 157 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DB62
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 32 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

226.JPG
224.JPG
223.JPG
225.JPG
222.JPG
221.JPG
220.JPG
219.JPG
218.JPG
216.JPG
217.JPG
213.JPG
215.JPG
214.JPG
210.JPG
212.JPG

There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#53 5 years ago

$86753.09

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

The obligatory "pics or it didn't happen."

Agree,
Everyone wants to see a brand new CV.

#55 5 years ago

$7395.48

#56 5 years ago

I will say you payed anywhere between 6k-9k. If I had to value it on your description alone I would say 7800-8200.

#57 5 years ago

10K by .. last night.

#58 5 years ago

I will say if he doesn't chime in with the price soon, he'll have earned his initials.

#60 5 years ago

23.03 Bitcoins

#62 5 years ago

Let me start by saying I have been looking for a real nice CV for about 3 years. I messaged people on the "Pinball Owners" website and got about 5 responses within the past month. They were looking for between $8,500 and $10,000 and lets just say the condition and shape of those pins were NOWHERE close to what I purchased.

I believe in Karma, so when I do a transaction, whether it be pinball or something else, I try to make a deal that's fair to BOTH parties involved. I ended up paying $7,500 which I thought was fair for BOTH of us ( I am happy with that). I have seen CV's with playfields that had bad playfield wear and insert lifting and they still wanted almost $7,000 for it.

Anyways, I will take pictures of it as soon as I can, but it maybe a few weeks, unless I just set it up and flick off a few pics. As fellow "pinsider" Foo will attest to, my gameroom is overfilled and I already have 4 pins not set up. My daughter and grandson moved back home, so I lost a big room downstairs for my pins, but it is worth it seeing both of them everyday!

Anyways, I need to sell 3 VERY NICE pins and also a beautiful Bally "SKILL ROLL" nickel game to make for some room and of course get back some cash back, unless they are traded towards a REALLY NICE medieval madness or monster bash. I will post a thread later with pics, but the pins are as follows:

"WHIRLWIND" Rare diamond plate playfield with NO wear at all, NEW ramps, NEW plastics, NEW topper with blue neon light mod, LED's (CoinTaker) all NEW playfield parts, Cliffy protectors flippers rebuilt, pop bumpers rebuilt and just shopped out completely by a experienced service tech. Beautiful original cabinet ... I really do NOT want to sell this

"CYCLONE" NEW CPR playfield, NEW ramps, NEW plastics, LED's, all NEW playfield parts, flippers rebuilt, pop bumpers rebuilt and just shopped out completely by a experienced service tech. Beautiful original cabinet.

"TAXI" NEW spinout ramp, NEW topper, LED's, beautiful original playfield, all NEW playfield parts, flippers rebuilt, pop bumpers rebuilt and just shopped out completely by a experienced service tech. Beautiful original cabinet.

"SKILL ROLL" New inner plexi-glass, NEW backglass, beautiful playfield (9+), just shopped out completely by a experienced service tech.

OK, so much for my long winded post here

#63 5 years ago

Could you email me your price on the Skillroll please.
And congrats on the purchase.

Kim

#64 5 years ago

Congrats! $7500 for a CV in that condition is a pretty good deal.

#65 5 years ago

Ugh, man, I have EPIC WANTS of a Cyclone like that.

#66 5 years ago

Hartford eh? Not to far from me.

#67 5 years ago

Congrats on the pick up...game is a beauty

#68 5 years ago

Congrats on your cherry CV, I love it when good karma happens to good people. PM sent on WW.

#69 5 years ago

OK, since we were playing the pricing game on my CV purchase, how about you guys tell me what my selling price should be on the pins I am going to be selling from my above descriptions.

I know pictures would help on this and I will get them in the next week or so ( I am going out of town for my nephews wedding), but these pins are WAY NICER than "players" machines but not as good as a total HEP restore of course. You would not be disappointed with any of them!!!

I am just curious as to what your selling prices would be. Thanks!

Dan

#70 5 years ago

I think 8K is very fair for a very nice HUO CV. That was my guess b4 your response.

#71 5 years ago

Well found, and very jealous. This is my grail pin now, and would be willing to pay asking price if I found one in this condition. I would never feel bad about paying what others feel is "too much" - you got what you wanted, so enjoy. The only time you feel bad about the price you pay is if you get put in a position where you HAVE to sell it, and cannot get the same money back again. Look after it, take off your rings, wear gloves, a surgical mask and hair net, but play the crap out of it!

#72 5 years ago

$1750 to $2250 on Whirlwind. 3 sold recently for under $2000. One here for $1750.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

$1750 to $2250 on Whirlwind. 3 sold recently for under $2000. One here for $1750.

You smoking something Tom?

I know of 2 Wwind that were similar condition (Diamond plate near perfect pfs, all new ramps/plastics/toppers, and all decked out) that sold instantly for $2800-3000.

Nice Wwinds are rare. Crappy Wwinds are expensive to make nice.

#74 5 years ago

Good deal plus it sounds fair to Seller. Enjoy your pin.

#75 5 years ago

Whysnow, I agree with you 100%. I sold a WHIRLWIND I had previously about 2 months ago for $2,200 and it was nice but NOWHERE near the condition and shape the one described above is in.

It did NOT have the diamond plate playfield, NEW ramps, NEW plastics, NEW topper and all of the other goodies on it. I am a very honest guy and I payed $2,800 for my WW and would NOT sell it for less than 3K. They are NOT around in this condition and shape and again, I really do NOT want to sell it! It really is a GREAT game and a true CLASSIC pin.

Dan

#76 5 years ago

Why did the guy want to part with just the CV?

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

... how about you guys tell me what my selling price should be on the pins I am going to be selling from my above descriptions.

LOL, you silly goose. This was an immediate "whoops" on your part. Whatever price you are thinking to sell them for, subtract at least $500.

Rule of thumb: seller = x price --> buyer = x price - $1000

#78 5 years ago

I was pretty close....

#79 5 years ago

Congrats, great game.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I was pretty close....

You've won a cookie.

#81 5 years ago

boob angel pg.gif
#82 5 years ago

PM sent

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from VanManDan:

There should be a topic "Barn Finds" Great story! I love a good treasure hunt!

There are topics of "Barn finds"...IMO, this doesn't count as one. A barn find to me is finding something that is a disaster in a barn, shed or what have you that is very inexpensive (for my budget, a couple hundred bucks).

Congrats to the owner. Yes it is a nice pin. But it is a "museum find", not a barn find.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Exactly. Mine was originally $1800 but will be over $3000 when I'm done with it. $3k should be the FLOOR for a minty WW.

#85 5 years ago

$7500 for the CV you described is a great find! Congrats!

I own a DP Whirlwind in similar condition as you described. I wouldn't sell it for less than $3k. Probably closer to $3500+. And it would sell. Whirlwind's are AWESOME games and a DP in top condition, even harder to find.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

Anyways, I need to sell 3 VERY NICE pins

your TOM staying ? : P

great pick up at 7.5k. grats

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

Anyways, I need to sell 3 VERY NICE pins

Perhaps you need to sell a couple of your older "very nice machines" such as Flipper Pool and Melody...... to me!

#88 5 years ago

so very nice story, Wish I could find one same cond / price close to me here

#89 5 years ago

Pm sent on all three

#90 5 years ago

A Really nice WW just traded hands locally at $2200....and that was delivered

Quoted from Whysnow:

You smoking something Tom?
I know of 2 Wwind that were similar condition (Diamond plate near perfect pfs, all new ramps/plastics/toppers, and all decked out) that sold instantly for $2800-3000.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

It's a DP WW. Those aren't something you see everyday

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Does 'really nice' = DP plus all new important bits?

#93 5 years ago

Just curious, how do you know for sure that it only had 287 total plays on it? For a game that's 17 years old, the batteries have probably been replaced several times and the memory wiped out at least once.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Just curious, how do you know for sure that it only had 287 total plays on it? For a game that's 17 years old, the batteries have probably been replaced several times and the memory wiped out at least once.

Doesn't really matter......condition is king.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Doesn't really matter......condition is king.

That, and the previous owner was anal. Gotta love it!

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Exactly. Mine was originally $1800 but will be over $3000 when I'm done with it. $3k should be the FLOOR for a minty WW.

swampfire

I agree totally, the WW are usually pretty trashed and NOWHERE in this condition & shape with the DP playfield and all the new parts, including ramps, plastics and topper ... not to mention a really NICE cabinet. It is also very clean inside.

Dan

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

$7500 for the CV you described is a great find! Congrats!
I own a DP Whirlwind in similar condition as you described. I wouldn't sell it for less than $3k. Probably closer to $3500+. And it would sell. Whirlwind's are AWESOME games and a DP in top condition, even harder to find.

Thanks man and I agree!

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

your TOM staying ? : P
great pick up at 7.5k. grats

Ledge

Sorry, my TOM is not going anywhere!

Thanks for the kind words!

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps you need to sell a couple of your older "very nice machines" such as Flipper Pool and Melody...... to me!

o-din

That's funny ... LOL ...

I am still a EM guy and I could NOT part with those classics!

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

It's a DP WW. Those aren't something you see everyday

Quoted from Whysnow:

Does 'really nice' = DP plus all new important bits?

Thanks guys! At least some people understand what a DP playfield with no wear means to value ... plus the NEW ramps, NEW plastics, NEW topper and all the other goodies ... man, some people

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside