218.JPG
216.JPG
217.JPG
213.JPG
215.JPG
214.JPG
210.JPG
212.JPG
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 9 years ago

I just joined the "circus", with a awesome purchase last night ... a 1997 Bally "CIRQUS VOLTAIRE" pinball machine that is HUO, from the original owner with a total of only 287 plays on it!!!

This pin looks BRAND NEW, exactly like it was just taken out of the box from 1997. This man is a "collector" as he kept telling me and has 9 pins that are HUO and all were purchased new in box by him. Again, he states he is a collector and hardly ever plays any of them ... obviously ... and believe me, this is true ... I was drooling over all of them because they were all in MINT shape, all were FLAWLESS!!!!

These pins are all so CLEAN, you honestly would NOT believe it! The pin that has the most plays on it in his collection is his "TWILIGHT ZONE" that has 752 plays on it.

He was so anal, that he asked me and my wife to take off our rings and watches before we could go into his game room and to please not TOUCH any of his pins at all, besides the CV pin (and I thought I was anal about stuff). Of course that meant that we could NOT play ANY of the other pins in his collection, because he was not selling these at the present time!

Anyways, what a night and I just thought I would share this story!

Dan

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

Again, he states he is a collector and hardly ever plays any of them ...

What is wrong with these people?!! Anyway, congrats! His not wanting to play is your gain.

#3 9 years ago

Congrats! Scoring a minty pin is a sweet feeling!

#4 9 years ago

Congrats! Glad its going somewhere to be played!

#5 9 years ago

Congrats on the pick up! I won't ask what you paid, but was he asking really high prices, or was he reasonable? From the way he appears, I would have expected him to ask crazy high prices.

#6 9 years ago

I thought this question would come up (LOL). I thought it was a very fair price for BOTH of us, but maybe I am wrong.

I really mean this CV looked like it just came out of the box yesterday, the total plays are legit.

Let me ask you guys this ... If that CV pin was yours, in the condition & shape I stated above, what would you have put for your selling price? I am curious to see the responses and see if it was a good deal for both of us.

#7 9 years ago

congrats - great game.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

Let me ask you guys this ... If that CV pin was yours, in the condition & shape I stated above, what would you have put for your selling price? I am curious to see the responses and see if it was a good deal for both of us.

If I was that guy and I was selling, $9k. If I'm buying, $7k.

Edit: Then try to meet somewhere in between.

#9 9 years ago

I will let the selling price answers roll in a little more This is a pin I really wanted bad, but I wanted to find one in nice condition & shape all the way around, especially the playfield and of course this pin exceeded my expectations by a TON!!!!

It even has the green neon tube like I wanted.

#10 9 years ago

$7500? No shame in paying more though..great game and I guess it comes down to the premium you'd pay for a low play HUO...maybe 20% above market?

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

If that CV pin was yours, in the condition & shape I stated above, what would you have put for your selling price?

Doesn't really matter if both of you are happy.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Doesn't really matter if both of you are happy.

This is the answer. It was the exact pin you were looking for in far better condition than anyone could hope to find. Amazing deal, bad deal, paid a little more, paid a little less. None of that matters as you start play number 288 on the game. Enjoy that gem!

#13 9 years ago

Funny, I have almost the identical story on my CV purchase...not kidding either. I am still blown away about how minty fresh it is everytime I open it up to wipe it down, and just grin Congrats on your find and enjoy Its easily the most coveted pin in my collection by pinheads and novices.

#14 9 years ago

There should be a topic "Barn Finds" Great story! I love a good treasure hunt!

#15 9 years ago

Congrats. I just bought my CV last month, also from an owner who had it many years and taken very good care of it. In looking for one, my experience was that the price people were asking did not vary a lot based on condition, so it is worth it to find one that doesn't need any work. That said I think the ones in great condition sell much faster.

#17 9 years ago

Man, that guy sound like a freak. It's just a wooden box with a sticker on it....

Quoted from DB62:

He was so anal, that he asked me and my wife to take off our rings and watches before we could go into his game room and to please not TOUCH any of his pins at all, besides the CV pin (and I thought I was anal about stuff). Of course that meant that we could NOT play ANY of the other pins in his collection, because he was not selling these at the present time!

#18 9 years ago

It doesn't matter what you paid. You wanted it and paid what you wanted to pay. End of story.

I've seen a few true, low play HUO pins in my day and they are a thing of beauty!!

Quoted from DB62:

I will let the selling price answers roll in a little more This is a pin I really wanted bad, but I wanted to find one in nice condition & shape all the way around, especially the playfield and of course this pin exceeded my expectations by a TON!!!!
It even has the green neon tube like I wanted.

#19 9 years ago

Did you get rid of that pool table yet so the CV will fit in your gameroom?

Congrats on a nice pick up.

#20 9 years ago

I have owned 165+ pins over the years, but never more than 18 at one time. The one game I wish I had never sold is CV. Enjoy the game and congrats on your score.
Harry Irvin

#21 9 years ago

Oh screw these polite guys. I wanna know what you paid for it.

#22 9 years ago

Great story - thanks for sharing! CV is an awesome game. As others have said, you're happy with what you paid for it so you got a good price. Congrats on the new addition!

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Oh screw these polite guys. I wanna know what you paid for it.

Yes,how much was this nice example?

#24 9 years ago

$8,000 my guess

#25 9 years ago

I'm guessing $10K. This guy obviously thought very highly of his stuff, and those guys usually don't sell cheap.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I'm guessing $10K. This guy obviously thought very highly of his stuff, and those guys usually don't sell cheap.

There was a recently restored HEP CV on the boards for $9500 a few months ago and it was stunning, so I would be curious what a mint HUO is bringing these days?

#28 9 years ago

Yup.... doesn't matter what you paid as long as you both are happy.
Now take some pictures.

#29 9 years ago

COngrats on your score! Where did this guy have it listed for sale? just curious.. was lucky enought to find a HUO MM a couple years ago for less than what the remake is.. of course it lost a ton of value but i was never selling it either way.

#30 9 years ago

CV is the game that got me hooked on playing pinball. It was my very first purchase, I've owned three over the years and my present one is making deep dents in the carpet.

If you paid a fair price we'll all be envious. And if over paid we'll all believe you must be one of the rich and beautiful. Now spill it!

#31 9 years ago

pics when it arrives at home too. : P

its not on my wish list, but anything of that era, huo with low plays.... would be a thing of beauty. clean, fresh minty.... virginesque !! (almost)
great pick up.

#32 9 years ago

CV is a work of art. Forget about BBB or KP, get me a nice CV and i'd put it in my living room.

Post some pics, show that baby off!

#33 9 years ago

Those poor neglected games!

Pins were made to be played.

#34 9 years ago

Don't take pictures, you don't want to damage the finish on the cabinet. Try to stay out of the same room as it.

#35 9 years ago

Congrats, Dan!

At latest when you are beating the finalmode, you know, every cent of the pinball are worth.

Maybe old collectors are sell there beauties for cash procurement, eg. for care costs?

Btw. 287 plays in 17 years? One Game per month? Funny, I play in the same frequency.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Don't take pictures, you don't want to damage the finish on the cabinet. Try to stay out of the same room as it.

Of course we were to infer he wouldn't use a flash..

#37 9 years ago

Honey, I'll be in the basement playing the CV.

960x540.jpg960x540.jpg
#38 9 years ago

well2.jpgwell2.jpg

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Pins were made to be played.

Pins were made for their owners to decide what they want to do with them...

#40 9 years ago

I'd have liked to watch you guys moving the pin with a guy THAT touchy about his pins.
He's doing it all wrong anyway. You're supposed to keep it in great condition despite playing it, not without playing it.

#41 9 years ago

$7,000

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Pins were made for their owners to decide what they want to do with them...

While owners are certainly free to do whatever they want with them.......they were made to be played.

#43 9 years ago

i bet you gave 5000 for it

#47 9 years ago

Are we playing by Price is Right rules? Closest wins with or without overbidding?

#48 9 years ago

The obligatory "pics or it didn't happen."

#49 9 years ago

ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!

#50 9 years ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-unbelievable-pinball-purchase-last-night/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.