TWDLEArrival5.jpg
TWDLEArrival4.jpg
TWDLEArrival3.jpg
TWDLEArrival2.jpg
TWDLEArrival1.jpg
image.jpg
image-107.jpg
image-210.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinManV.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#383 9 years ago

I had 3 really solid collectors over yesterday to "break in" my TWD LE, two of which were pre-order guys that bailed, and another that had one already sitting in his own basement. I was lucky enough to have a TWD pro in my living room on loan for a full week. Bottom line, after having the Pro for a week I was a bit nervous about the LE purchase. After having it two days and getting the feedback and reaction of multiple very solid pinball players and fellow collectors, TWDLE is a very solid hit! Its one of the most physically challenging games I've owned to date. The game experience requires a lot of nudging and bumping to keep the ball in play (after 2 hours of playing, I'm almost tired!), and mentally I have found that I have to think harder and the music and mood really pulls you into the experience. We have been popping off 40-80M games pretty regularly now (and the occasional higher) on factory settings, but the game times are much shorter than on most recent offerings from Stern which to me is a refreshing change. I prefer to pop off a stellar game... followed by the game formally kicking my ass.

Bottom line for me -- Game is player immersive, fast, challenging, dark, and super fun at this very early stage of code. I can't tell you how happy I am thus far with this purchase, and anyone else that has one coming or already has one, congrats to you my friends, you made a wise purchase IMHO.

Weigh in Jess, BM, BS and Rod... I know you guys were loving this game.

#404 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

Just curious.....all the reasons you state for loving the game are also present on the pro. What makes you feel that the LE is worth the extra $$$$? You didn't mention any of the LE features as what makes the game great. Not trying to doubt your purchase, just curiosity.

Honestly I can't really put my finger on why we all enjoyed the LE more... I'm sure some of it has to do with just getting to know the game more and getting better at playing it. The money part isn't really an issue for me, but if I had to try and put a specific to it... from a game play standpoint the extra magnet at well walker adds a lot, and obviously they can do much more with it still. Having less virtual stuff, like actually having a cross bow, and a bicycle girl to bash, and a fish tank with heads that light instead of just having it show you on the DMD... these all add to the experience. Little things like the drop target at Woodbury/extra ball shot, spinners, better mood lighting, etc. all make the game a simple decision for me at least.

That all said. If I didn't have the extra money, or it wasn't a dream theme, and I didn't plan to keep it long term sure I'd just get the Pro. You can mod it and make it pretty close to the LE for less money. Anyone considering the Pro over the LE simply to save the extra cash, you probably are making a good decision. For me personally, I'd only own the LE to get the "full zombie experience" that I'm sure Borg & Lyman intend.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 8.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinManV.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-twd-le-has-arrived?tu=PinManV and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.