TWDLEArrival5.jpg
TWDLEArrival4.jpg
TWDLEArrival3.jpg
TWDLEArrival2.jpg
TWDLEArrival1.jpg
image.jpg
image-107.jpg
image-210.jpg

There are 460 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.
#301 9 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

This may have been addressed before, but can the bicycle girl be modded to be lit up? I can't really see her at all in the video. It looks like it could be tricky to do with the limited amount of space under the ramp.

zdoor is working on a mod for this. She definitely needs some light. I'm hoping they can make it light when the ramp goes up.

#302 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

zdoor is working on a mod for this. She definitely needs some light. I'm hoping they can make it light when the ramp goes up.

Sweet! Thanks Frolic. I totally agree about it lighting when the ramp goes up. That would be perfect.

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

Mine won't be here for two more weeks. This thread is killing me!

Yours left Stern Today, I should have Tuesday so you Might see Next Friday?

JJ

#304 9 years ago

I have a bunch of game on my twdle now and I can say is I am glad I stuck with it,I love it ,man that is a load lifted off of me,I was trying to cancel it but could not,everybody worried or concerned about there game coming,Don't ,you will love it

#305 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have a bunch of game on my twdle now and I can say is I am glad I stuck with it,I love it ,man that is a load lifted off of me,I was trying to cancel it but could not,everybody worried or concerned about there game coming,Don't ,you will love it

It's a very immersive game. I sent a friend some video of me playing, he says he'd lose 5 years off his life listening to that music, it's so intense.

The gun shots, screams, gross noises, it really stands alone. Can't wait till the light show is jacked up.

#306 9 years ago

Is the Bicycle Girl head target the exact same as the zombie in prison? Or does it look like Bicycle Girl?

#307 9 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Is the Bicycle Girl head target the exact same as the zombie in prison? Or does it look like Bicycle Girl?

It's a different head.

#308 9 years ago

looks like bicycle girl

#309 9 years ago

I have seen people taking pictures of their warn spot around the 'WELL'. I cut two pieces of mylar and put them on the corners, it seems to be holding up, has anyone come up with a better solution?

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

looks like bicycle girl

Oh sorry, I though they were different, I'm not at my machine.

#311 9 years ago

Will a standard Cliffy shooter eject protector work on this game?

#312 9 years ago

32 owners so far on Pinside for TWD LE after just a few days.

By comparison, there are only 20 Mustang LE/Premium owners listed.

I'm sure Stern is breathing a sigh of relief to have a hit game again .

#313 9 years ago

Yeah I'm in for one. Looks like it delivers on Monday........Even though I'm on the other side of the world. I can't wait to get home to play it.

Keep this thread going because its keeping me going for the next couple of weeks.

chris

#314 9 years ago
Quoted from nodyeliab:

I have seen people taking pictures of their warn spot around the 'WELL'. I cut two pieces of mylar and put them on the corners, it seems to be holding up, has anyone come up with a better solution?

No you were right, I misunderstood his question. Yes the head in the prison is a different head from the bicycle girl head.

#315 9 years ago

The game keeps getting better and better with each play, I'm don't have that honeymoon phase feeling but just the opposite, like I'm let down and yet the game is proving me wrong, very strange I know?? but I like it at the same time. Just had a pretty long game and this pin is fast and fun.

#316 9 years ago

Gary Stern called me about the backglass ,I called him back and he was busy but said he will call me back,I am quite impressed and will let you know what transpires

#317 9 years ago

I order one that should be delivered in december
Just heard from my distributer that the game is going to be 500 euros more expensive
Its a decision of stern and a bad dollar he says

I am thinking of canceling and order a big lebowski instead

#318 9 years ago

With only 600 LE’s I’m surprised that there are any left. I think the more people realize how great the LE is, it’s going to go quickly.

#319 9 years ago

Do not buy bony flippers for your le,the cannon hits then,I will like a low profile set

#320 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Will a standard Cliffy shooter eject protector work on this game?

I just ordered a set for the shooter lane. Email Cliffy and let him know what you are after.

#321 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Yeah I'm in for one. Looks like it delivers on Monday........Even though I'm on the other side of the world. I can't wait to get home to play it.
Keep this thread going because its keeping me going for the next couple of weeks.
chris

I have off Monday and better take delivery for you.

#322 9 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Gary Stern called me about the backglass ,I called him back and he was busy but said he will call me back,I am quite impressed and will let you know what transpires.

I can't wait to hear what Gary has to say on the matter.

#323 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I can't wait to hear what Gary has to say on the matter.

I will take a free shaker please : )

#324 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

I have off Monday and better take delivery for you.

I'm very lucky to have friends in this hobby. Dave is going to receive it. But I'm going to need some help getting it to the basement.......

Your actually on my list to hit up about coming down and playing. I'm sure many will have played it by that point.

Ill shoot you an email Ken.

#325 9 years ago

I've played a number of games on both the Pro and the LE. I've enjoyed both.

I don't really see what the LE buyers are getting extra for their money? I don't care for the bicycle girl bash toy on the LE, as I'd rather just shoot the left ramp (I like ramps!) over and over from the right flipper. It just feels like a better flow to me. Does the game really need another bash toy with more unpredictable bounce-outs? I've yet to see the cross-bow shooter toy in action, so maybe that's a fun shot... but I have my doubts. The side-art on the LE is unimaginative (a crate with a warning message scribbled on it?) looks like a step down from the Pro to me. The lighting on the LE looks better than the stock Pro, but a few dollars in lights seems to quickly remedy that.

I think if you like the title (and don't care about the limited exclusivity), "settling" on the Pro is a good fiscal decision.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#326 9 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

I've played a number of games on both the Pro and the LE. I've enjoyed both.
I don't really see what the LE buyers are getting extra for their money? I don't care for the bicycle girl bash toy on the LE, as I'd rather just shoot the left ramp (I like ramps!) over and over from the right flipper. It just feels like a better flow to me. Does the game really need another bash toy with more unpredictable bounce-outs? I've yet to see the cross-bow shooter toy in action, so maybe that's a fun shot... but I have my doubts. The side-art on the LE is unimaginative (a crate with a warning message scribbled on it?) looks like a step down from the Pro to me. The lighting on the LE looks better than the stock Pro, but a few dollars in lights seems to quickly remedy that.
I think if you like the title (and don't care about the limited exclusivity), "settling" on the Pro is a good fiscal decision.

I just got done playing a few hours on one of the first to arrive in Seattle (on location at Shorty's).

The game is absolutely not worth the extra $2,500. (I have a LE on the way).

#327 9 years ago

Seriously?

#328 9 years ago
Quoted from leisure:

I just got done playing a few hours on one of the first to arrive in Seattle (on location at Shorty's).
The game is absolutely not worth the extra $2,500. (I have a LE on the way).

How can this be? A LE owner not defending the LE? How long until Underlord is here to stick up for it ?

#329 9 years ago

Am I the only one who cannot get any sound out of the video?

#330 9 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

How can this be? A LE owner not defending the LE? How long until Underlord is here to stick up for it ?

I've been here.

Hey, if the dude doesn't dig it, oh well. I know pinballers who don't care for Tron either. I haven't gotten my LE yet, mine is on a truck en route, so next week probably, so I have not played the LE yet.

Like I said before, 'Guy' called this game the strongest playing pin he's ever played. He's my friend and I trust his judgement, which is why I jumped into an LE.

#331 9 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

The diverted ramp to the bicycle bash toy, a magnet underneath the well walker, a pretty underwhelming cannon (crossbow) shot, and a drop target in the way of the woodbury shot? The LE art package is a solid "eh" from me.

Just being honest to my self. This game needs a LOT of code lovin'. I'm sure it will be a solid B+ or A- game in a years time but as it stands its I think both versions are turds. TWDLE being a more polished turd.

#332 9 years ago
Quoted from leisure:

The diverted ramp to the bicycle bash toy, a magnet underneath the well walker, a pretty underwhelming cannon (crossbow) shot, and a drop target in the way of the woodbury shot?
Just being honest and honest to my self. I do feel slightly burned, but oh well. This game needs a LOT of code lovin'. I'm sure it will be a solid B+ or A- game in a years time bud as it stands its I think both versions are turds. TWDLE being a more polished turd.

Mythbusters proved that you CAN polish a turd! Just sayin'.

I....don't know where I'm going with this.

#333 9 years ago
Quoted from leisure:

Just being honest and honest to my self. This game needs a LOT of code lovin'. I'm sure it will be a solid B+ or A- game in a years time but as it stands its I think both versions are turds. TWDLE being a more polished turd.

How many games do you have on them?

"A lot of code lovin" will be coming from Lyman. Yeah, it's gonna take a while, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we get a big code update in only six months this time!

#334 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I've been here.
Hey, if the dude doesn't dig it, oh well. I know pinballers who don't care for Tron either. I haven't gotten my LE yet, mine is on a truck en route, so next week probably, so I have not played the LE yet.
Like I said before, 'Guy' called this game the strongest playing pin he's ever played. He's my friend and I trust his judgement, which is why I jumped into an LE.

I'll be getting mine in that second shipment right after you Rick. Coming in next thursday and will get it the following week!

I think this pin kicks ass, I can't wait to play it. A whole lot for Lyman to work with there!

#335 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'll be getting mine in that second shipment right after you Rick. Coming in next thursday and will get it the following week!
I think this pin kicks ass, I can't wait to play it. A whole lot for Lyman to work with there!

Agreed bro. LE Code is presently at what, version 1.1?

#336 9 years ago

I'm watching this one from the outside, but given this was a dream theme for me, I'm interested in how things play out. I had an LE on pre-order, and cancelled based on what I saw and not liking the play of the Pro at expo.

The wife and I really LOVE the show, and this was a must have game for me initially. However, I just wasn't feeling it after seeing and playing it. I kept trying to convince myself that Lyman would make this OK, so hang in there. But in the end, almost $8K is way too much to spend on a game I wasn't feeling. I'm jealous of those of you that are loving this (assuming you're being honest with yourselves). I wish I loved it.

To me, theme is about 75% of the equation, but I just couldn't stick it out. Given that I've had the stomach for several other riskier pre-orders, I guess that says something for the disconnect I felt with this game.

#337 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How many games do you have on them?
"A lot of code lovin" will be coming from Lyman. Yeah, it's gonna take a while, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we get a big code update in only six months this time!

Beating the dead horse here but this hiding behind "well your 8,500 dollar game will probably be fun in a year" is really silly.

I've got about 20 games on the pro, and 10 games on the LE. Not a huge sample size. Sat around with 4 friends at the bar playing the LE this afternoon. There really just isn't much noticeable difference between the LE and the pro.

#338 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I am hoping the LE is good because then I would consider picking up a premium myself

#339 9 years ago
Quoted from leisure:

Beating the dead horse here but this hiding behind "well your 8,500 dollar game will probably be fun in a year" is really silly.

I've got about 20 games on the pro, and 10 games on the LE. Not a huge sample size. Sat around with 4 friends at the bar playing the LE this afternoon. There really just isn't much noticeable difference between the LE and the pro.

First of all, its $7400, not $8500, secondly, we know its ridiculous to wait at least six months, bought it anyhow because of the theme, won't do it again.

There is plenty of difference with the LE and the pro even in its current state.

#340 9 years ago

Multiple color LED general illumination (red, green, white)

There isn't one green led in the GI?

#341 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

First of all, its $7400, not $8500, secondly, we know its ridiculous to wait at least six months, bought it anyhow because of the theme, won't do it again.
There is plenty of difference with the LE and the pro even in its current state.

Right, sure. The fools price is $8,595 MSRP. Like said though, in my opinion, the differences not command the extra spending.

On something like an ACDC, its almost a no brainer that the LE/premium is a much better game. Here? Not so much. At least not yet!

#342 9 years ago

Iceman,
Step back for a moment. This guy has played both and owns the LE. Have you played any version?
Just trying to get you back to the rational side of things. We all do this and the next day we are singing a different tune cough jpop cough.
The goal here is not to be right or wrong but objective if possible.
I went LE but seriously doubting that choice now for the spinners , drop target and lighting.
Now almost every pro sucked at expo. But the refinery one we played last second before leaving was fun. So I felt a more tweaked out game did make difference.
The question now is the value in 2500 more bucks on this game.
A game we have to pay for a shaker, metal apron, more lighting for bicycle girls and a topper.
May email JJ and see if I can still switch. That money can go to an LE iron maiden
If not all is good.

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Iceman,
Step back for a moment. This guy has played both and owns the LE. Have you played any version?
Just trying to get you back to the rational side of things. We all do this and the next day we are singing a different tune cough jpop cough.
The goal here is not to be right or wrong but objective if possible.
I went LE but seriously doubting that choice now for the spinners , drop target and lighting.
Now almost every pro sucked at expo. But the refinery one we played last second before leaving was fun. So I felt a more tweaked out game did make difference.
The question now is the value in 2500 more bucks on this game.
A game we have to pay for a shaker, metal apron, more lighting for bicycle girls and a topper.
May email JJ and see if I can still switch. That money can go to an LE iron maiden
If not all is good.

I'm just trying to be absolutely pragmatic about this is all.

#344 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Iceman,

Whoa big guy! Played a few games on each but doesn't own the LE? Who are you talking about.

I'll take the full featured game all day, every day, from Stern, be it a premium or LE. You want the pro, I'm sure you can switch, just talked to JJ earlier this afternoon.

The "value" is not the "number value of the sum of the parts" for me, you see, its the total package, looks, code, intrinsic value, etc....different strokes It's a shame there isn't a premium for this one, I'd be on it, no way on the pro for me.

#345 9 years ago
Quoted from leisure:

I'm just trying to be absolutely pragmatic about this is all.

You are right about Ac/dc, and the smart thing to do would be to wait 6-8 months and then buy an LE for 6k if you want a deal on one.

I want the LE now, so I can play it now, I love the differences and i don't care about the future drop in value, how about that?

#346 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You are right about Ac/dc, and the smart thing to do would be to wait 6-8 months and then buy an LE for 6k if you want a deal on one.
I want the LE now, so I can play it now, I love the differences and i don't care about the future drop in value, how about that?

Based on initial feedback, TWDLE may not actually be losing value?

#347 9 years ago

If you have played it and are sure then I get it. If not just saying it's worth listening. My concerns are not total package. My concerns as always with Borg is the "added Stuff" . Right now I see a fun ramp shot turning in to a brick bicycle girl hit. Same with Woodbury target vs going right through.
Additionally pinball refinery has nicer armor, will need a metal apron, shaker either way but added cost.
So in the end we are left wondering is the total package the LE or a pro with the right mods.

#348 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Based on initial feedback, TWDLE may not actually be losing value?

I wouldn't count on it Rick but it would be a nice surprise if it didn't. I don't think the demand is huge yet for the LE as a whole lot of people are still on the fence. The pro is supposedly selling well.

#349 9 years ago

It does look more fun than i expected. Still not for me.

But 1 thing i cant believe is how the crossbow looks. Just a iron uhmmmm... Thing that shoots a ball.

Where are the crossbow decals?

3k euro extra for a shitty looking iron arm? Its is just unbelievable they get away with that. How can you be happy with that?

#350 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Additionally pinball refinery has nicer armor, will need a metal apron, shaker either way but added cost.
So in the end we are left wondering is the total package the LE or a pro with the right mods.

I can see that for some, especially if pinball refinery is doing it, how much cost would that be adding? At the end of the refinery aren't you getting back close to the LE price?

Metal apron and shaker are def a must but I figured I'd be getting the future LCD apron anyhow!

The crossbow metal look blows, a complete afterthought, yep, another sticker mod to get.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
There are 460 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-twd-le-has-arrived/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.