TWDLEArrival5.jpg
TWDLEArrival4.jpg
TWDLEArrival3.jpg
TWDLEArrival2.jpg
TWDLEArrival1.jpg
image.jpg
image-107.jpg
image-210.jpg
There are 460 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
#251 9 years ago

So honestly Frolic and hazoff. Now that I am going to swap out the apron and buy light mods from pinball refinery should I stay on the LE or just go Pro?

#252 9 years ago

In all honesty I would say the LE is worth it unless its going to break your bank account and cause distress. You have to remember tough to call it right now, the GI hasn't been implemented into code for all red or white or whatever they are going to do, the arrow is underused but very cool and the BG ramp Zombie I like, I like the two magnets causes a lot of variance, and the fish tank is also great not mention this is my favorite armor I've had yet on a Stern. I will say the fact that all the inserts aren't RGB sucks could have worked for this game very well, like STLE great inserts but why no GI RGB? Anyway for me it was $3000 difference including Shaker and I'm not blown away but not disappointed either. STLE really was the first pin in a long time that had that awe factor for me, tough act to follow (I don't count mustang). I'm hoping TWDLE improves with regards to the lightshow with code but the gameplay is solid and that's most important.

#253 9 years ago

STLE is the best LE Stern has ever made, and maybe will ever make. The bling on that one is just sitting there for all to see. I put a blue dmd in mine, that thing is a jewel of the collection.

TWDLE has less value than the STLE, but since there is no premium, this is the only way to get the full game.

Because the software has yet to unleash the GI and insert lighting effects, the true potential of the LE is not seen yet. I have no regrets dropping the coin though, the game as it stands is fun. Just look at all the buzz online, you can see this is a hit.

#254 9 years ago

Thanks

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

since there is no premium, this is the only way to get the full game

I wouldn't count a premium out just yet..

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

TWDLE has less value than the STLE

I completely disagree with this statement ^^^^^^^. TWD LE doesn't have less value then STLE. TWD LE's value is in all the extra playfield toys with very little estetic difference. STLE is the opposite with all the difference being estetic and very little playfield differences. I would prefer to have it the TWD LE way and spend the money on the playfield, it's way more important to me then pretty lights. But if you are looking for great modern art, STLE is a beauty.

#257 9 years ago

The word is aesthetics and obviously you have a bias since you purchased an twdle and not a stle.

The STle has a much better package then the twdle and st is more popular.

#258 9 years ago

Need both, must have themes and even though TWDLE doesn't have the eye candy its still beautiful. I did change the spinner flasher to red's and the GI lights behind the BG Zombie to all red as well looks better for sure. Love Blue STLE and Red TWDLE.

DSC01189.JPGDSC01189.JPG DSC01190.JPGDSC01190.JPG DSC01191.JPGDSC01191.JPG DSC01193.JPGDSC01193.JPG
#259 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

The word is aesthetics and obviously you have a bias since you purchased an twdle and not a stle.
The STle has a much better package then the twdle and st is more popular.

Lol, I didn't know how to spell it and was hoping spell check would help me out, but it failed me again I owned a ST Pro for awhile so I'm not too bias it's just reality really.

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Need both, must have themes and even though TWDLE doesn't have the eye candy its still beautiful. I did change the spinner flasher to red's and the GI lights behind the BG Zombie to all red as well looks better for sure. Love Blue STLE and Red TWDLE.

DSC01191.JPG 230 KB

DSC01190.JPG 213 KB

DSC01189.JPG 215 KB

DSC01193.JPG 185 KB

That's a really good idea, I'm going to change the lights behind my BG as well . Thanks Hazoff!

#261 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just checked my Metallica LE. Which looks great. Guess what? It's the same thing. There's a tiny wrinkle up in the corner on the back, so I can see that it's something that's been bonded to the glass.
Probably just like http://bgresto.com does.
So yeah, at least since Metallica Stern is using a different process to make the backglass I would guess. Since it's all CMYK printing + spot mirrored ink either way I can't say I care. The end result looks solid. I just want the mirroring, and something that doesn't have any waves or ripples or anything.
Remember, the oldschool backglasses were screened one color at a time. Red, then yellow, then blue, etc. On a piece of mirror that had all the bits that were meant to be non-mirrored etched away with acid.
So the colors look really rich and solid. Stern's never done that on modern games. Backglass or translite, same shit. So I'd put the torches down, the thing we've been happy with for years was done this same way apparently.

Sorry you are wrong. I've listed below the details. Only one I have not owned is Avengers so I can't comment on that one specifically. Since this is a new thing I can see why people are upset. It's a pisser but I would not have known if someone had not pointed it out. From the front it looks like the real deal. The mirror effect is darn good.

Spider-Man black - screened backglass
Transformers Auto/Decep LE - translite
X MEN LE -screened backglass
AC/DC BIBLE - screened backglass
Avengers LE - (Stern matrix says themed mirrored)
Metallica METLE - screened backglass
Star Trek LE - screened backglass
Walking Dead - mirrored translite (new adhesion process ) clearly advertised/worded incorrectly as it states as a mirrored backglass and this is a styrene translite adhered to the glass.

Look at your METLE again, the easiest way to tell the difference is a real backglass has a matte finish with "raised to the touch" areas of the screening art outlines. A translite is glossy on the back with no texture.

#262 9 years ago

where is the video clips of the LE action? Photos are fine, but we wanna see action!!

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Walking Dead - mirrored translite (new adhesion process ) clearly advertised/worded incorrectly as it states as a mirrored backglass and this is a styrene translite adhered to the glass.

Thanks for the info! This supports my point that every game thus far that had been advertised as having a real backgalss did indeed have a real backglass. This is the first time that we have been mislead.

#264 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks for the info! This supports my point that every game thus far that had been advertised as having a real backgalss did indeed have a real backglass. This is the first time that we have been mislead.

I'll be having words with stern tomorrow.

#265 9 years ago

I think Stern should give everyone a free shaker to compensate for this mix up. Who is with me?

#266 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I think Stern should give everyone a free shaker to compensate for this mix up. Who is with me?

The LE should have had the fish tank topper !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#267 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

The LE should have had the fish tank topper !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Free topper it is!!!

#268 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

the easiest way to tell the difference is ...

Shatter the backglass and see if the art goes with it... Right?

#269 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Probably would have kept my order if that was happened

#270 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Right from Sterns matrix.

Backglass and Art

*Exclusive Pro The Walking Dead translite

*Exclusive Limited Edition The Walking Dead mirrored backglass

*The Walking Dead Pro hi-definition decal cabinet artwork

*The Walking Dead LE model hi-definition decal cabinet artwork

*The Walking Dead themed speaker decal display panel Designer-signed playfields featuring John Borg's signature

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Sorry you are wrong.Look at your METLE again, the easiest way to tell the difference is a real backglass has a matte finish with "raised to the touch" areas of the screening art outlines. A translite is glossy on the back with no texture.

Well I'm not claiming it's a "translite", because it's obviously not. But it does appear to be like the BG Resto stuff, where them print it and then bond it to the glass. I'll try and take a pic of the part on my METLE that's wrinkling. I'm guessing based purely on that, maybe showing it will help.

I didn't try and peel it off because I don't want to F it up, I love my mirrored backglass. It looks great, and I have zero complaints about the quality. I couldn't care less if it's screened directly on or applied and bonded.

I'm not mad at Stern, nor do I feel ripped off, it's simply a curiosity.

#272 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I already have a shaker, I want a free topper.

#273 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

That's a really good idea, I'm going to change the lights behind my BG as well . Thanks Hazoff!

It may have a weird effect if they start turning the GI red/whites off and on, and some red is there when its supposed to be white, etc.

#274 9 years ago

I can't really see where the need for all white would come into play, with just red yeah so I think changing a few whites won't matter. For sure change the flashers to red on the spinners, looks ten times better.

#275 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It may have a weird effect if they start turning the GI red/whites off and on, and some red is there when its supposed to be white, etc.

Oh darn, you're right. I never thought of that (my first LE) I'd better not change the GI then. Thanks for the tip.

#276 9 years ago

Okay I messed with my Metallica LE some more, peeled it just slightly. I think its just the white diffuser layer, and the rest is screened in under it:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#277 9 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

how come there hasn't really been any videos? i wanna see the crossbow and bicycle girl ramp in action...

Right?

#278 9 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

All these folks with their LE's, can anyone please take a few video snippets of the LE in action.

Right?

#279 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

We need a new 4K video, Frolic. Show off that crossbow and ramp with mechanical lift.

Right!

#280 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

DSC01193.JPG 185 KB

The red & blue is sweet!

Now we just need to get you a new camera!

#281 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Thanks. Well, I moved into my new house in the spring and the arcade is a big part of it, so yeah I filled out the room. http://www.frolicsarcade.com
I have room for 14. Full Throttle is the next one due in.

Wow
Just, wow!

#282 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Okay I messed with my Metallica LE some more, peeled it just slightly. I think its just the white diffuser layer, and the rest is screened in under it:

image.jpg 110 KB

So "backglassgate" was all over a diffuser? Ah, the internet.

#283 9 years ago

TWD LE is $400 cheaper than my STLE pre order from the same distro, I cancelled STLE. Since playing it several times at Pinballz, I'm glad i did, eye candy isn't enough. 799 is not "limited" and ST has a premium. 600 isn't limited either but its a big difference and only 250 has stayed here in the US.

Woz is my only other pin I've bought before playing. I think Borg has done a great job with TWD, don't think I'll be disappointed!

#284 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

image.jpg 110 KB

So is it just a diffuser on TWD LE or is it a translite?

#285 9 years ago

I recorded a 5 minute video with the glass off and me triggering the LE features. Uploading it now. check back in 20 minutes.

#286 9 years ago

Iceman44, i assume your stle preorder time period was a couple of years ago?

Regardless i think your insane. People will walk past twdle and stle makes them stop and drool

#287 9 years ago

Glass off showing LE features:

#288 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I recorded a 5 minute video with the glass off and me triggering the LE features. Uploading it now. check back in 20 minutes.

Fantastic News

#289 9 years ago

Thanks for the video. The music is really cool for the theme. Looks to be a fun game.

#290 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Sorry you are wrong. I've listed below the details. Only one I have not owned is Avengers so I can't comment on that one specifically. Since this is a new thing I can see why people are upset. It's a pisser but I would not have known if someone had not pointed it out. From the front it looks like the real deal. The mirror effect is darn good.
Look at your METLE again, the easiest way to tell the difference is a real backglass has a matte finish with "raised to the touch" areas of the screening art outlines. A translite is glossy on the back with no texture.

Thanks MN....I knew I wasn't crazy! I have got ever LE except Metallica and BSM in that list and could tell it was different the second I touched it

#291 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

» YouTube video

Thanks for the video.

This isn't going to make the wait any easier.

#292 9 years ago

Thanks for the video. Can't wait to get mine today!

#293 9 years ago

Thanks for the video Frolic! You Da Man!! Picking mine up tonight. Woo Hoo!

#294 9 years ago

thanks for the vid!!

#295 9 years ago

great to see the video. Thanks for posting. I'm looking forward to playing one.

#296 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So "backglassgate" was all over a diffuser? Ah, the internet.

I think we are still under the impression TWDLE is a translite. All we "solved" is the old games being screened on glass with a diffuser layer over it.

#297 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

» YouTube video

Nice video. Thanks for that!

#298 9 years ago

frolic, thanks for video, we appreciate it!

#299 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I think we are still under the impression TWDLE is a translite. All we "solved" is the old games being screened on glass with a diffuser layer over it.

My Stern LE pins (ST-MET-AC/DC) have screened back glasses just like my WMS Champion Pub and NGG.
No diffuser whatever you are talking about.

The TWDLE is the first I've seen of this new technology process.
It's a translite adhered to glass.

I will say the quality is damn good, the mirror effect is spot on, probably in the long run more durable and less prone to scratching on the back so that's good.
Time will tell on any issues from shrinkage or lifting/bubbling.

#300 9 years ago

This may have been addressed before, but can the bicycle girl be modded to be lit up? I can't really see her at all in the video. It looks like it could be tricky to do with the limited amount of space under the ramp.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 8.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 460 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-twd-le-has-arrived/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.