TWDLEArrival5.jpg
TWDLEArrival4.jpg
TWDLEArrival3.jpg
TWDLEArrival2.jpg
TWDLEArrival1.jpg
image.jpg
image-107.jpg
image-210.jpg
There are 460 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

On the LE, when the cross bow is lit, you see dmd animation of deer, rabbits and a walker. All the crossbow inserts are lit and you need to target the correct one to hit the walker. Sounds like it is different?

Actually the Pro does this now too. Apparently this was a change from version 1.1 to 1.11.

#152 9 years ago

just got mine a hour ago, its good and seems to be a game that while not blowing me away out of box has that feel of once you know what you're doing it will be great. The guts are shit, don't notice them at all but the fish tank is very cool and I really like the arrow shooter thing, Haven't notice GI going solid red or white but maybe tonight I'll get a better idea, The shaker is a must, game plays fast, really fast and the shots feels smooth, no trouble with the Well Walker, my only real complaint is that Stern put in a plastic apron, you'd figure for the price something better but I'm sure it will get a mod, lots of possibility here.

#153 9 years ago

Pinball refinery should solve our metal Apron issue. Gio?

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The shaker is a must

I'm curious as to what events activate the shaker? The reason I ask is it seems from the show's story thus far, there wouldn't be too many cases for it. Maybe an explosion?

#155 9 years ago

Well walker hits, prison hits but not every time, seems to be during the mode itself. Hard to tell when else it goes off, just had a great game and there is a ton to shoot for. I think you need to really get a grasp on how to play and the feel for the layout. Every game seems better than the last. Fast and fun.

#156 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Thanks. Well, I moved into my new house in the spring and the arcade is a big part of it, so yeah I filled out the room. http://www.frolicsarcade.com
I have room for 14. Full Throttle is the next one due in.

That s a serious thing you ve got going on. Thanks for the link and sharing pictures and videos. Very happy for you.

#157 9 years ago

I like how you roll Frolic.

Hazoff, always gotta get a feel first. Give us the evening update after a few more plays on it

Play the shit out of it and let us know if it makes u keep coming back!

#158 9 years ago

Thanks for the great updates. By the way, how does the rust colored armor look in person? I know everyone wants video, etc but I'm curious about the cosmetic since Stern is going to offer an upgrade to the upgrade.

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

my only real complaint is that Stern put in a plastic apron, you'd figure for the price something better but I'm sure it will get a mod, lots of possibility here.

This is so Stern can sell you a metal apron down the road since they are into selling mods now

Congrats to frolic and hazoff for getting their LEs.

#160 9 years ago

I think the rust color armor is killer. The color is bang on and there is speckles in it to give it character and quality. The blood splatter armor is nice, but the rust is so unique I have no desire to change it.

#161 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Spoiler: you did! No LE is ever "worth" the money, you pay for it because you enjoy all the extra stuff. Don't try and justify it, you'll never be able to. Just enjoy it.

Exactly, like marrying a hot young girl. Glad I avoided that (I think?)

#162 9 years ago

Any chance you are going to put up some quality gameplay video? I'd love to see how the moving ramp is integrated for starters.

#163 9 years ago

The photo at the beginning of this thread says it all. He is one happy pinsider. Congratulations and enjoy it. I have a Pro and really like it a lot.

#164 9 years ago

Yep, I've been asking for days for well walker magnet, guts, bicycle girl ramp, aquarium and other close up video footage... Anyone with an newly of the box LE want to shoot a few snippets of video for those who might be a little undecided on which version to get? Would greatly appreciate it!

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

Yep, I've been asking for days for well walker magnet, guts, bicycle girl ramp, aquarium and other close up video footage... Anyone with an newly of the box LE want to shoot a few snippets of video for those who might be a little undecided on which version to get? Would greatly appreciate it!

Seems like everyone is to busy TWDLE

#166 9 years ago

-well walker magnet does samething as prison magnet
-ramp lifts up and there is another basher toy for bicycle girl ramp
-aquarium heads light up green
-well walker seems to pop up a little more then pro and some "guts" are seen in the gap

what we need up-close video for? that is it

#167 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

-well walker magnet does samething as prison magnet
-ramp lifts up and there is another basher toy for bicycle girl ramp
-aquarium heads light up green
-well walker seems to pop up a little more then pro and some "guts" are seen in the gap
what we need up-close video for? that is it

Because we would like to SEE the FLOW.......AND there is much more than that

#168 9 years ago

Very nice game room and collection that you have Frolic.

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Because we would like to SEE the FLOW.......AND there is much more than that

Amen to that! Let's see some video!!

#170 9 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Seems like everyone is to busy TWDLE

While they are playing, just push the Record button on the Camera and show us some clips!

#171 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Pinball refinery should solve our metal Apron issue. Gio?

Working on some ideas. Being a special "size" makes it a little more of a challenge.

#172 9 years ago

That looks sweet. Congrats!

#173 9 years ago

Having played a bunch of games, I will say the crossbow as of version 1.11 is very underutilized. It's sort of the big LE toy and we barely see it and its over so fast I hardly get to shoot properly.

I like HOW its used... the DMD shows you animals and a walker and you need to shoot the corresponding shot, that is cool, would like to see it more.

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Having played a bunch of games, I will say the crossbow as of version 1.11 is very underutilized. It's sort of the big LE toy and we barely see it and its over so fast I hardly get to shoot properly.
I like HOW its used... the DMD shows you animals and a walker and you need to shoot the corresponding shot, that is cool, would like to see it more.

Welcome to the world of LE toys! It'll do more in 8 months lol

#175 9 years ago

I've played the pro on location now and I really like it. It strikes me as a game that would be even better with the right LE features added. I'd be hard pressed to say if those features are worth $2k+, but I'll bet the LE plays (and looks) awesome. I have my issues with the game but will post them elsewhere. Congrats and enjoy!

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Welcome to the world of LE toys! It'll do more in 8 months lol

Well, I know this will be a one-year journey with the game. Maybe they could even just do like ac/dc and have the cannon lit at the start so you can see it.

Overall I think the software is good for so embryonic. Lots of variety in the game.

#177 9 years ago

I get mine next week. If anyone that has the walking dead puts my headphone kit in their game u can record the audio direct from that feed while u record someone playing

#178 9 years ago

Congrats on the game Frolic and other owners. That right stand up drop-target looks like an ass kicker in game play. Can't wait to hear more game play reviews once you guys settle in on it. The fish tank looks eerily good. Looks like a fun flowing game too. Enjoy!

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Congrats on the game Frolic and other owners. That right stand up drop-target looks like an ass kicker in game play. Can't wait to hear more game play reviews once you guys settle in on it. The fish tank looks eerily good. Looks like a fun flowing game too. Enjoy!

You coming over for the unboxing?

#180 9 years ago

We are on our way now to pick ours up now!

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You coming over for the unboxing?

I was waiting for the invite.

#182 9 years ago

Frolic have noticed any GI lighting where the games goes all red? I thought that's what would happen but so far its just red and white all the time. I was expecting more like Met with mood type lighting, I hope its just a code issue.

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Frolic have noticed any GI lighting where the games goes all red? I thought that's what would happen but so far its just red and white all the time. I was expecting more like Met with mood type lighting, I hope its just a code issue.

yeah I posted in another thread that we know from MET what we see now is very basic. There are no fancy light wipes, the color changers do very little.... lots more to come for certain. Just part of the process of having a game on day 1.

#184 9 years ago

No colour GI programming that I've noticed?

#185 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Nope. Even the Pro goes dark when you kill zombies and that effect is missing on the current LE software. Just have to be patient.

My prediction is we'll get 2 or 3 updates over the next couple of months, then we have to wait 6 months for the "big" update.

#186 9 years ago

The plastic shaft on my crossbow doesn't retract. It just stays all the way out all the time. does that mean Stern left the spring out of the back of the coil to retract it? Is there anyway I can fix this myself?

#187 9 years ago

There is a rumor flying around that the LE has a translite and not a real backglass. Can someone verify this please.

#188 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Metallica had barely any color GI programming for the first 8-12 months until 1.5 hit. I wouldn't expect much different here sadly

#189 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

There is a rumor flying around that the LE has a translite and not a real backglass. Can someone verify this please.

Looks like it's a translite stuck to glass (pics here):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-what-did-you-get/page/2#post-2024244

Jeez, is the LE now the new Premium?

First with the plastic apron & now the translite instead of a backglass.

What's next? "Deluxe LE playfield support pegs" instead of slide rails?

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Looks like it's a translite stuck to glass (pics here):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-what-did-you-get/page/2#post-2024244
Jeez, is the LE now the new Premium?
First with the plastic apron & now the translite instead of a backglass.

Not cool. Feature matrix is pretty clear (I thought)... but I guess if the translight is mirrored Stern wins on a technicality?

temp.JPGtemp.JPG

#191 9 years ago

Yeah well it also states the gi is r w g .....there is no green...... 3 leds dont count lol.

#192 9 years ago

Dunno, appears the same as my othe LE back glassesimage-43.jpgimage-43.jpgimage-421.jpgimage-421.jpg

#193 9 years ago

Star Trek LE image-841.jpgimage-841.jpg

#194 9 years ago

Side by side, these are the same style of backglass. TWD LE is the same as ST LE and Hulk LE.

#195 9 years ago

And did all of those come with "mirrored" backglasses as part of the LE package?
I thought I remembered someone's BIB backglass shattering and the art appeared to be screened on as it shattered too?

On the bright side, mirrored or not, it really is a great looking design.

#196 9 years ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

Yeah well it also states the gi is r w g .....there is no green...... 3 leds dont count lol.

True. That's another thing that bugged me when we found that out, although I heard the only green GI was planned for the drop targets and it made the game look like a Christmas special so I was willing to accept that omission.

The difference between a translight and a BG is big... like hundreds of dollars big.

To be fair, I don't have a horse in the race. - I'm a sideline bystander critiquing what I can't afford

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Side by side, these are the same style as backglass

I wonder if the switch happened before now and no one bothered to check?

Quoted from n0s4atu:

I thought I remembered someone's BIB backglass shattering and the art appeared to be screened on as it shattered too?

100% sure I saw this as well... it was screened on glass.

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Dunno, appears the same as my othe LE back glasses

image-43.jpg 279 KB

image-421.jpg 143 KB

It doesn't look the same to me. On the picture of the backs...TWD looks different than the other two.

#199 9 years ago

It's the angle of the photo.

Let me say this... in person, the process of all these backglasses appear to be identical. So if they aren't "real" back glass, this has been going on for a long time, since Hulk LE.

The mirrored appearance of all 3 are unique to them, they don't look like regular translites. TWD appears as mirrored as the other 2, and not like my other games like Met Premium.

TWD backglass is impressive to look at in person and highly mirrored. That's all I can say.

#200 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

And did all of those come with "mirrored" backglasses as part of the LE package?
On the bright side, mirrored or not, it really is a great looking design.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-worst-possible-thing-that-could-happenhappened-to-my-acdc-bible

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 460 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-twd-le-has-arrived/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.