Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Spudgunman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0264.JPG

#1 7 years ago

Very excited, I can hardly stand it! My Tron Pro will be here tomorrow. Preparing for the ritual unpacking and inspecting, followed by set up and good times.
Based on the collective expertise floating around in the forum, is there anything specific to the set up of this game that makes things go better?

#2 7 years ago

I'm still on the fence about getting one

#3 7 years ago

Follow the instructions taped on the machine and enjoy the experience. I never had a single issue with my Tron out of the box.

#4 7 years ago

There are lots of "must have" mods...you will want them all! Have fun!

#5 7 years ago

Awesome game! Have had mine about 6 weeks now. Was HUO with no mods. So far have added

Shaker
FF Speaker Kit
Cliffy Protectors (full kit)
Tron Arcade mod 2.1
Speaker Grill Light kit with cycles
Pinbits POP Bumper MOD
Pinbits Color Dress up plastic protectors
LED OCD Board (GI and inserts have mostly quad LED's, some ultraviolet's)
Light Cycle mod (Made my own)
3-Bank PF Decal

Mods still on the to do list..

ELI's ramps (When available)
Tron Topper
Blue DMD
Flipper Button LED's
Target Decals
Recognizer LED MOD

Man so many mod so little funds... LOL

Have fun with the Tron!

#6 7 years ago

If you have the cycles I can mod them for you for $85 with a harness. Add $5 if you need a splitter. I can also do the recognizer mod.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from EvanBingham:

Stop being on the fence they will all be gone soon glad I got mine 2 weeks ago because the price just keeps going up.
BIG THANKS TO FLIPPER FIDELITY

#8 7 years ago

White rubbers, set pitch at 6.5 - 7. I have my slings very sensitive as well. The game just flies..............ask the guys from MGC.

#9 7 years ago

I have had mine for a little less than a month. It was my first pin. It is still stock, as I've been spending cash to increase my line-up rather than modding up my Tron. Play is really fun and fast.

I do have one LED on a pop bumper which is not working already but have not really looked into it yet as life has just simply been too busy. I did adjust some of the settings to make the pin play a little easier (longer time to restart multiball as a an example). Also, I did make up a rules sheet here:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-rules-cheat-sheet

The sheet is off on the Disc Multi-ball mode but it is explained by another pinsider further down in the post.

Have fun!

#10 7 years ago

Thanks for the helpful info everyone, and thanks for not crucifying me with sarcastic and/or condescending trollish remarks. I sincerely appreciate it.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from EvanBingham:

If you go to Stern's website you will see they have moved the game to out of production. That said, they have done that once before and low and behold the game went back into production. I think this time they are done for good though and moving on to other games. Tron has been in production now since 2011 and Stern has done a good deal of runs on it.

If you want an NIB Tron, that fence is evaporating beneath your feat. Great game by the way; I keep going back and forth between it and AC/DC as to which is the greatest Stern to date, but I think it is one of those two without question (no offense LOTRs, SM, TSPP, or AVG, all great games in their own right).

#12 7 years ago

Arrived safely! Date of manufacture: 1 month ago today.

IMG_0264.JPG

#13 7 years ago

WOOT! What a great feeling! Enjoy!

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

White rubbers, set pitch at 6.5 - 7. I have my slings very sensitive as well. The game just flies..............ask the guys from MGC.

Do whatever he says. His game is the finest Stern I've played. My lady was like, "It's silly to spend seven grand on a pinball machine, but I'd really love to have one of these."

#15 7 years ago

Congrats! I received mine last Wednesday and I'm already going on a mod spending spree!

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

If you go to Stern's website you will see they have moved the game to out of production. That said, they have done that once before and low and behold the game went back into production. I think this time they are done for good though and moving on to other games. Tron has been in production now since 2011 and Stern has done a good deal of runs on it.
If you want an NIB Tron, that fence is evaporating beneath your feat. Great game by the way; I keep going back and forth between it and AC/DC as to which is the greatest Stern to date, but I think it is one of those two without question (no offense LOTRs, SM, TSPP, or AVG, all great games in their own right).

pulled the trigger on it today

#18 7 years ago

I want one so bad! What is the difference between the Tron Pro and the Tron LE? Can you mod a Tron Pro to be like a Tron LE? Is it a significant difference?

#19 7 years ago

I just ordered mine today! Congrats, I can't wait to feel the happiness that you're feeling right now.

#20 7 years ago

Enjoy your new toy =)

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from HobbyDude:

I want one so bad! What is the difference between the Tron Pro and the TRON LE? Can you mod a Tron Pro to be like a TRON LE? Is it a significant difference?

Here you go:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-pro-vs-tron-le-pros-cons-other-than-big-time-cash

Im not a tron guy, so if there is something in there missing, don't hold me accountable.

#22 7 years ago

Loved playing pinheadpuckguy's Tron at MGC so much I put a deposit down on one today

#23 7 years ago

Mine is one week old, I just had a epic game 58m I am still sweaty. Welcome to the game boys!

Better buy your blue light cycle ASAP

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

How do you set the sensitivity of slings?

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

How do you set the sensitivity of slings?

ideally you own a switch adjustment tool.
high level .. you "bend the switches" so they are closer together smaller gap = more sensitive.
your slings start going crazy you got them too close. (you will know what crazy is when you make it happen)

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from HobbyDude:

I want one so bad! What is the difference between the Tron Pro and the TRON LE? Can you mod a Tron Pro to be like a TRON LE? Is it a significant difference?

The difference is...
-light fiiber upgrades
-drop targets for TRON switches
-Daft punk multiball mode
-3d trans
The reality of upgrades from a Pro to LE are..
-yes multiple ways
-you could, but realistically is it worth the effort?
-no, but its not like your gonna miss this mode for the additional $3-5k it will cost you
-yes its possible
The benefit of a 3rd run pro is...
-better art package
-2 trans lights to choose from
-ramp protectors 'cliffy' included
-any service bulletins already applied
-LED DMD

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 26.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside