(Topic ID: 34519)

My Trip to The Shark Club in Howell, MI-- Wow!

By flipperfingers

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by GravitaR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Okay, so I've been to the Shark Club in the past, but I might as well have been there for the first time today. Each of the three times that I have visited, there has been about twice the pins as the time before. The first time, there were 7. The second time, there were 15. And this time, there were at least 30 absolutely stunning machines on the floor.

Let's see, I played a mint (and I mean mint) and modded Monster Bash. I played a nearly mint MM. I played the most beautiful STTNG. I also played AC/DC Premium, Tron LE, a like new WH2O. I wanted to stay longer, but alas, I had to take my brother home.

These games were just the tip of the iceberg. He had so much more and they were all perfect. GNR, BDK, POTC, IM, XM Wolverine, TFLE Combo, SM Black and tons moe. He even had a few awesome looking EM's

Aside from playing, I met a really nice tech named Bobby Butara. He seems to be pretty well-renowned in the Detroit Metro area and apparently he is primarily responsible for keeping these games in tip top condition. He also said that he'd work on my pinball machines, okay machine, if I wanted him to. I've had Clay Herrell, who is the man no doubt, but very difficult to deal with. Bobby was more my speed- very grounded and willing to explain things. And this was just through our casual conversation.

The only downfall with this trip was that the place was like a ghost town. (Well two-- games were $1.00/play, some $5.00 for seven plays. But I won't complain too much given the titles and condition of the games.) This is a huge bar aside from the availability of pinball and there was definitely tumbleweed blowing through the place. I was thinking that many people on this board would travel half way across the country to experience a pinball mecca like this.

Well, I'll be back for sure, but I don't have confidence that this place is long for the world. So, I wanted to share my experience and plug the place as well. There's also great food, and tons of beers from which to choose.

#2 11 years ago

Gonna have to check this place out next time I visit my brother in Brighton (next to Howell).
    Maybe you were there at an off time? Or did you get the idea it's always that dead?

#3 11 years ago

I agree that the Shark Club in Howell has good selection of machines and food is pretty good. I would have stayed and played more if the price was 3 balls/ $.50. Most of the DMD machines are 3 balls /$1 and some of the older pins are $.50.

The pins I played seems well taken care of and were on 1 side of the barcade and bar area and tables were setup like your typically chain restaurant.

#4 11 years ago

Sounds like a killer place... Any pics?

2 weeks later
    #5 11 years ago

Went last night and it's an amazing collection of machines in great condition. They had another 10-12 machines not set up yet and not on the list below. Never seen that many great pins in one place.

The Shark Club is having a pin party of January 19th from 1pm-10pm. $20 and all games set on free play. Highly recommend going if you want to play some of the best pins out there. Should be a great event!

http://www.sharkclubhowell.com/pinball.php

1. Scared Stiff (pimped out)
    2. Twilight Zone (pimped out mint)
    3. The Addams Family (Pimped out mint)
    4. Batman Dark Knight
    5. Pirates Of The Caribbean (pimped out)
    6. Iron Man
    7. Lord Of The Rings limited Edition
    8. The Rolling Stones limited Edition
    9. Tron Legacy limited Edition
    10. Transformers limited Edition
    11. AC/DC premium
    12. Guns N' Roses
    13. X-Men limited Edition
    14. Attack From Mars (mint)
    15. Theater Of Magic (mint)
    16. White Water
    17. Fish Tails (Pimped Out Mint)
    18. T2 Judgment Day
    19. South Park
    20. Funhouse
    21. Medievel Madness
    22. Indiana Jones
    23. Whirlwind
    24. The Amazing Spider Man
    25. Jurassic Park
    26. Family Guy
    27. Corvette
    28. Black Hole
    29. Space Invaders
    30. Mars God of War
    31. Scorpion
    32. Monster Bash (mint)
    33. Black Spiderman
    34. El Dorado City of Gold
    35. Elvis
    36. Xenon
    37. The Avengers
    38. Black Pyramid
    39. Star Trek

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from Garrett:

The Shark Club is having a pin party of January 19th from 1pm-10pm. $20 and all games set on free play. Highly recommend going if you want to play some of the best pins out there. Should be a great event!

Ill be there for the grand opening I have to bring 2 machines down for the owner, looking forward to seeing where a bunch of my restorations will be going.
    Bobby is a good guy I keep in touch with hi pretty regularly and Mike the shark clubs owner is a great guy as well

#7 11 years ago

Two more machines? Wow, where are they going to put them all. It's a big place and everywhere you look now you see a pin plus many more waiting to be set up. Crazy pins!

#8 11 years ago

I'll be at the openhouse from 12-4ish due to having other plans for the night. Hope to meet many of you there for some pinball fun.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-trip-to-the-shark-club-in-howell-mi-wow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.