(Topic ID: 48067)

My trip to Flippers - An unexpected journey :)

By jsalce

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jsalce
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

So I expected a fairly pinball free weekend. A friend called me two weeks ago and let me know his Dad was selling his 2006 A4 Convertible down in Manteo, NC. My wife has been keeping an eye out for a convertible for a while now, so we talked to my friend's Dad and worked out a great deal and decided this past weekend would be the weekend to pick up the car. My friend met us there and we had a great weekend.

So on the way down, I was driving and saw a sign for Grandy, NC. I said to my wife "I think they had a pinball tournament there recently". She looked up the tournament and said "the tournament is today". She then pulled up her GPS and once it finally synced up I heard "turn left in .5 miles". Next thing I know I pull off and I'm at Flippers. I told my wife it's a sign that I need to buy another machine, she didn't buy it.

Get out of the car and see one of the guys I met from the Fairfax Pinball Open. We talked for a bit and I went in and saw even more people from the FPO. I didn't get to stay long because I told my friend we'd be in Manteo at a certain time, so I got to play MM, Avatar, CV and TZ. Sunday on the way back we stopped by for an hour and I found a room I didn't even notice on Saturday. It had BBB, which was very cool to finally play (my wife thought it was hilarious). Glad I found Flippers, I'm going to be visiting my friend's parents in Manteo once or twice this summer so I'll plan for a longer visit next time.

#2 11 years ago

Next time you head down this way, shoot me a PM. I've got pins set up at my office in Nags Head and house in Manteo that you're more than welcome to stop by and play.

Flippers is definitely a fun spot. The variety of games he has there is insane!

#3 10 years ago

I had planned on going to Flippers for the tournament, but ended up backing out on Friday. I am glad you got to check it out. I hope to very soon since I will be moving to PA in a little over a month.

#4 10 years ago

Jeremy, where in PA?

PA seems like quite the hot bed for pinball with the Allentown show, PAPA and all the pins I've seen for sale up around York and Pittsburgh.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-trip-to-flippers-an-unexpected-journey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.