Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

puke.jpg
walkingdead-ba.jpg
TWD.jpg
1969333_343084169196226_1906792453180843511_n.jpg
pancake_bunny.jpg
yeah-baby-austin-powers.jpg
There are 202 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't own nor have I ordered the game. Jackass.

I was not even referring to you, get over yourself.

I am aware you don't own the game, Not sure why you need to call me names, you're so classy.

#52 9 years ago

I enjoyed twd pro for the past two days at expo.

#53 9 years ago

Yep, prison magnet then Sdtm drain. Good pop action, then sdtm drain. Steep left ramp, sdtm drain. I played about 10 games today pretty frustrating good music and dmd animations tho. I think with code and a larger post on the left of the pop exit it would be better, but I wasn't feeling the well walker either. Wasn't fun to hit and just kinda got in the way.

#54 9 years ago

I know of nobody who has played TWD and is really geeked about it except a couple fanboys. In fact, I friends who have played Mustang and thought it was much better. Mustang seems to be an under rated game in comparison.

I was all geeked about THLE, but from what has been shown so far I'm gonna end up "out" on it. It seems like the marketplace is struggling for a direction right now. But cheapening up games more with all white GI lighting and raising prices after providing color changing GI in previous games does not seem to be the answer. I hope the manufacturers get this message.

#55 9 years ago

Once you called "Freddy" a masterpiece your review lost all credibility to me and I had to stop reading because I spit coffee on my Ipad

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Yep, prison magnet then Sdtm drain. Good pop action, then sdtm drain. Steep left ramp, sdtm drain. I played about 10 games today pretty frustrating good music and dmd animations tho. I think with code and a larger post on the left of the pop exit it would be better, but I wasn't feeling the well walker either. Wasn't fun to hit and just kinda got in the way.

LE has a well Walker ( Wellverine) magnet added in. No idea what that'll add to gameplay or ruleset yet.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I know of nobody who has played TWD and is really geeked about it except a couple fanboys.

'Couple' of fanboys? Well sir. 25 million people can't be wrong.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was not even referring to you, get over yourself.
I am aware you don't own the game, Not sure why you need to call me names, you're so classy.

Go back and look at the post that you were responding to. It was a post that was specifically replying to me.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Go back and look at the post that you were responding to. It was a post that was specifically replying to me.

So, you called me an idiot and edited it out before the mods can see?

#60 9 years ago

You guys should post this thread (Stern) on their Facebook account. After that we can take bets on how quickly they ban you from FB. It will probably be more fun than TWD pinball based on the reviews thus far-lol

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

So, you called me an idiot and edited it out

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

So, you called me an idiot and edited it out before the mods can see?

What in the world are you talking about? I didn't edit shit. The jackass comment is still there and I stand by it.

You called me and others names too, but I suppose that's find and dandy?

Get over yourself.

#63 9 years ago

Really I find all this foolish as how can anyone judge a pin after a few plays and even more so when it comes to Stern the pro is usually pretty weak, when comparing to JJP or TBL etc. has to be an LE or Pre and I have to get in my home with the right surroundings so unless you just dislike the theme to a degree that you know forget it, like I have with TBL or AMH and WOZ then how can any of us know. Watching TH videos isn't exactly awe inspiring but I won't be able to tell even from detailed gameplay, not until I have it. I wasn't going to ever buy Metallica but during the lull I got a good deal on a trade and picked up a Monster Pre it blew me away. Anyway I do appreciate every ones view but its way too early to pass judgment.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

LE has a well Walker ( Wellverine) magnet added in. No idea what that'll add to gameplay or ruleset yet.

I'd really like to get some plays on an le. I'm sure it's much better

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I'd really like to get some plays on an le. I'm sure it's much better

Better, worse. It'll be different. I won't be seeing any reviews until I open mine up and play it.

Crappity crap crap way to test an LE whether I like it or not.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What in the world are you talking about? I didn't edit shit. The jackass comment is still there and I stand by it.
You called me and others names too, but I supposed that's find and dandy?
Get over yourself.

I much prefer it when we all fight with each other as opposed to crapping on the manufacturers for f*€£!ng everything up.

TWD is starting from behind. Hope it catches up...but only because I want good games.

#67 9 years ago

The well walker is actually really nice, I've had a Xmen and its nothing like that at all. I wasn't disappointed, quite the opposite. Plus when you smash it the lights go out and there is great SFX. I'm not saying that due to the fact the I'm buying one either because I buy lots of pins that aren't even my taste, I could never review TWD with the amount of games I played but its very cool and for a fella like me that match sequence alone touches me in my no no place.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I much prefer it when we all fight with each other as opposed to crapping on the manufacturers for f*€£!ng everything up.
TWD is starting from behind. Hope it catches up...but only because I want good games.

Yep, I agree as well.

#69 9 years ago

Robin has supposedly played the LE...why has he not commented yet?

#70 9 years ago

Cause he know's...

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I enjoyed twd pro for the past two days at expo.

So you're gonna drop $ on one then?

Certainly all those that are saying they like it are going to add one to their collection, right?

#72 9 years ago

Better get ready for my review guys...

I have watched a couple of YouTube videos, some even twice. It will be the review to rock your world.

#73 9 years ago

Lots of you guys are fortunate to play the machine to decide whether not it's worth buying. There isn't even a twd pro any where near that I know about to see it let alone play it. I only have your guys review and videos to go on to decide whether or not to lay $9000 down on a twd le or $5900 twd pro unseen

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

How I wish TWD had Zombies on tracks coming at me

Now THAT would have been cool! Especially if they were coming out of the prison, say 2 or 3 of them that you had to hit before they made it to a certain point like BBH or MB. That would make the LE model worth the extra $$, imho.

#75 9 years ago

A few of us have played it since Wednesday night a lot. Tried so hard to find hope but it's not there. You try to avoid returning to the dreaded pops and their drain and the house magnet that drains you as well. It's 70 % disappointing to 30 % fun.
Don't believe us now but the fact is this ones not great and I am sad to say this.

#76 9 years ago

In the two hours I played, the pops did not cause a drain not even once. This indicates that the machine at least can be set up to avoid this "problem".

#77 9 years ago

I played a pro on location today with some friends for 4-5 hours. When we got there, the game was having issues. The zombie dude in the barn was rarely registering hits and the magnet was draining balls SDTM. I didn't mind the magnet drain because it always happened at the beginning of MB and the ballsaver would recycle it. The zombie dude not working was a deal breaker though. So we texted the op and he showed up a little while later. The zombie target was gapped too far (it's a reversed standup target). He gapped it closer and disabled the magnet. It then played much better.

It's funny how this 'review' and most all the others say almost nothing about the rules. If anything, they say the rules are obviously bare and will likely get better. Well you know what? The current rules aren't bare. There's some depth there. I got a bunch of 4x shots via the inlanes and the playfield multiplier and I have no idea how I did it. After playing for 4+ hours. Has anyone discussed how the drop targets start modes? Or the value of the kill shots. Does anyone even know what each of the 4 different inserts per major shot are for? And how do you start the weapon modes? Wiz mode (mini or otherwise) after you complete all 6? Besides the obvious 2 multiballs, are there any more?

It's definitely a quirky layout. That won't change. But after playing all that time, I'm mostly clueless on the rules and want to learn more. One thing that caught my eye is that like MET, each major shot has 4 different inserts. One are kill shots, no clue on the other 3. With the similar insert layout to MET, I'm curious to see how Lyman differentiates the rules on TWD. Lots is already there, I just didn't get much of it after playing for 4+ hours.

The audio is weird, but the location is loud so we didn't hear much anyway. From what I did hear, it was probably best that it was a loud location. I didn't hear any of the hillbilly callouts, but what I did hear didn't sound like something you'd want to hear at home turned up loud. Fine on location though.

For those on the fence, I wouldn't suggest bailing yet. Most all of the complaints aren't gameplay related. Because there is no hammer or anything else that interacts with the magnet, I'm hopeful they can tune it via software to prevent so many SDTM. It is mostly centered on the playfield though. We'll see. I don't watch the TV show and don't care about themes anyway. My last ball of the day I really crushed it and cracked 100M despite being virtually clueless about the rules. So yeah, I want to play it some more. I feel like I just scratched the surface.

Major props to TJ Beyers for putting the game out and fixing it on short notice on a Friday night. He checked the audits on the game and it had made $147 in 2 days. Hi Life in Oakland. If you're in the area, check it out.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

In the two hours I played, the pops did not cause a drain not even once. This indicates that the machine at least can be set up to avoid this "problem".

Yeah the one I played wasn't too troublesome out of the pops. Left orbit shots never did the 'Lloyd loop' back up to the rollovers, but not many drains from the pops. More time in the pops than most newer Stern's, but not a ridiculous amount of time.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Major props to TJ Beyers for putting the game out and fixing it on short notice on a Friday night. He checked the audits on the game and it had made $147 in 2 days. Hi Life in Oakland. If you're in the area, check it out.

+1 for tj saving the day!

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

read my post, I played it more, but it only took 3 plays on a new machine to get bored. If there isn't a bigger red flag, I don't know what is.
Anything past boredom is just forcing myself to like it IMO.

I have to agree with this. 3-4 plays is enough to know if you'll like a game or not. The only exception I had to this is TZ. It really took more to get into the game. But on the dozens and dozens of other ones I played, the feeling after 3-4 plays was the one that remained even after more plays....

#81 9 years ago

Well, domestically, I guess me and about 253 other TWDLE owners will have to muddle through this title for now and Stern can update it regularly and I'll have to do some tweaking to make it a solid player if I experience any real pf issues.

#82 9 years ago

This game does not feel like the Walking Dead. It felt like the Left 4 Dead video game. The voice over is close to Ellis from Left 4 Dead 2.

The unfinished code on the game is like when a waitress forgets to refill your drink during a meal.

#83 9 years ago

^^^...Pills Here.... ....did nothing for me...I'll gladly go back to ST and WPT.........Joey

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Well, domestically, I guess me and about 253 other TWDLE owners will have to muddle through this title for now and Stern can update it regularly and I'll have to do some tweaking to make it a solid player if I experience any real pf issues.

Save yourself while there is still some time

I think after it's released and you played it there will be plenty of LE's around for you to grab one at that point if you choose to do so. This is coming from someone who was whole heartedly in on the LE, but then reality hit with videos and reviews started coming in and we choose to wait. I'm not talking about code at all we all knew that was a given going into this adventure, talking about everything else.

#85 9 years ago

We are moving to a different paradigm with all these games being made.

Days are gone where you can buy a NIB and sell it for cost or profit.

The only game I could even see this happening on is Predator - if it is good, as only 250 and at $5000 has room to possibly rise.

All pins over $7000, with the LE model kind of over, can't see it happening.

Making me way more discerning when thinking of buying a NIB.

#86 9 years ago

Theres been a thread up for a while with the rules as we have discovered them: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AeilyWnqi9J44rxazO9G6JXYLLw_8Y8gYC4dSCbIFl8/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to contribute what you learn.

Post edited by e4mafia: fixed link

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

A few of us have played it since Wednesday night a lot. Tried so hard to find hope but it's not there. You try to avoid returning to the dreaded pops and their drain and the house magnet that drains you as well. It's 70 % disappointing to 30 % fun.
Don't believe us now but the fact is this ones not great and I am sad to say this.

That's a bummer. I know your enthusiasm for new games. You also have good taste and an open mind. I got deep into the show recently and therefore this theme suddenly turned into something special for me. Seems like a blown opportunity to do some really cool and innovative things with the playfield, toys and rules. Hopefully Lyman's got some tricks up his sleeve.

#88 9 years ago

I Felt like I had to save myself form the machine

#89 9 years ago

Played it several times yesterday at Expo after I saw them do a new FW download and it didn't do it for me. The jury is still out for me. I will watch to see what is done to improve it and give it another couple of plays later after the LE is released. With all of the hype the actual product was much less than I expected. The add-ons and toys are nice eye candy but at the end of the day am I enjoying playing the pin and want to play another game after I finish one?

Bill

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Save yourself while there is still some time

Its too late for me Deathster...

I'm full on tilt in it now. I'm just too in love with that girl we all know who won't be worth the hassle later.

It's my dream theme and I lobbied to get it made hard for two years. Can't abandon hope now.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I think after it's released and you played it there will be plenty of LE's around for you to grab one at that point if you choose to do so.

Everybody keeps saying this but I don't agree. If nobody is buying it to begin with, there won't be any to sell.

Quoted from Crrispy:

I have to agree with this. 3-4 plays is enough to know if you'll like a game or not.

No, it's not.

#92 9 years ago

Had the wife play TWD without knowing anything about it. Her first comment on it was "the ball was in the top right of the playfield for a long time and I had nothing to do. I like Taxi better"

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from huntpinball:

Had the wife play TWD without knowing anything about it. Her first comment on it was "the ball was in the top right of the playfield for a long time and I had nothing to do. I like Taxi better"

Wow. I wish I would of saw this review before I bought one.

#94 9 years ago

It's just a Stern social experiment after all...

They want to see how "little" game they can sell you for how "much". On the plus side, these crappy new titles encourage them to go back and re-run their good titles as vault editions.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

It's just a Stern social experiment after all...
They want to see how "little" game they can sell you for how "much". On the plus side, these crappy new titles encourage them to go back and re-run their good titles as vault editions.

You getting an Austin Powers vault?

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

You getting an Austin Powers vault?

yeah-baby-austin-powers.jpgyeah-baby-austin-powers.jpg
#97 9 years ago

I'm with markmon on this one. TWD is very fun. Whatever you do, don't dismiss the game based solely on the videos. I haven't seen one video yet that accurately reflects the true gameplay experience.

#98 9 years ago

Different strokes for different folks, I would like to get some time on the game before I decide one way or the other on it. I have played AC/DC in the wild a bit and didn't care for it, but in a home environment it might be great, Metallica was a great in the wild however... I just hope though from what I have seen of the game that they change the callouts entirely, that is something that I can judge from videos, and that alone would drive me crazy. Audio in a game is huge!

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Yes, because no one is allowed to express any feelings on the game unless they've been locked in a room for a week with it AND are in the top 100 of the PAPA rankings.

And I can't help but wonder, are you that critical of those that are saying they like the game after a small amount of plays? Don't think so.

Is this not a forum to discuss pinball machines where we read what people have to say and draw our own conclusions?

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

"Her first comment" is hardly a review, mate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
There are 202 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-totally-half-ass-walking-dead-review/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.