Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jfesler
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F052A229-DB8F-4530-8223-89213FACF199 (resized).jpeg
    9A2633F4-CF74-493A-8349-DF3FC4E27A28 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190307_224608229 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-07-16-12-26-1 (resized).png
    CEF3D1A8-36E1-4828-A7BF-A3BBDDA34861 (resized).jpeg
    There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 5 years ago

Smart move on keeping the glass on. After reading all the great stories and remembering all the ones that I've done I go and pick up a Viking. Order some parts just yesterday. Today a sling coil locks on. Two days and two orders.

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:Smart move on keeping the glass on. After reading all the great stories and remembering all the ones that I've done I go and pick up a Viking. Order some parts just yesterday. Today a sling coil locks on. Two days and two orders.

Knew it!!! I was tempted, but ended up just playing and hitting a bit of Bourbon tonight....I'll start my under glass adventure tomorrow (maybe)...

Sorry for your mishap....you do know the machines are aware when we are vulnerable?!?..

#103 5 years ago

Thanks and no worries always glad to have another pin. It just seems par for the coarse in this pinball life.

#104 5 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Thanks and no worries always glad to have another pin. It just seems par for the coarse in this pinball life.

We do this to ourselves...(who knows why) but even the crazy stuff seems to be part of the thrill of these things. A pinball machine is like nothing else (thankfully)..

#105 5 years ago

I’ve always figured the old machines were possessed, especially while playing them. Maybe this carries over in fixing them..... ie screws falling where u can’t find them, clips flying off into no where land, forgetting to put the balls back in, not ordering all the parts needed etc.

#106 5 years ago

Right you are!!!

TZ was in my head from both a playing and repair standpoint for years ( still the game I dread the most when popping the hood)..

2 weeks later
    #107 5 years ago
    Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

The other day I was ordering some stuff from Marco (which I love) and had written down everything I found on a machine that I needed to order. So while I'm doing it, I see something I hadn't thought of like, oh instruction cards and add that to the cart too. So then I go back to the machine, work on it awhile looking for other stuff I might need to order, oh, I need some of those clips (or whatever)... so I go back to add it to the cart off the website, and the cart is empty because I screwed around too long without checking out.
    Damn, now I'll have to redo it all over again. So I go reorder everything I had written down, then add the clips and checkout... then just after I press the checkout button, remember that I forgot to add those cool instruction cards (for $1.50 or whatever) back in

Better: when you must order a part and you are ordering some more spare parts to avoid shipping costs. At the end you see that the initial part isn't available but somehow you just order only spare parts....

#108 5 years ago
    Quoted from eagle18:

I’ve always figured the old machines were possessed, especially while playing them. Maybe this carries over in fixing them..... ie screws falling where u can’t find them, clips flying off into no where land, forgetting to put the balls back in, not ordering all the parts needed etc.

Possessed machines. Every time I go to a repair saying to myself that it's just a box of lamps, coils and switches, and everytime I come back with my head hanging down stating that possessed machines should never be underrated.

#109 5 years ago

I got tired of torching things (skin, wires, coils) when using the butane torch. That exhaust port is always fun. I nearly started carrying around a Hakko 888 in my field kit.

I’ve recently moved on to the TS80 soldering iron, tethered via USB cable to an Anker battery. Melts solder like butter even on coil.

F052A229-DB8F-4530-8223-89213FACF199 (resized).jpegF052A229-DB8F-4530-8223-89213FACF199 (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #110 5 years ago

Dropping a screw, it lands on the floor at the right backside.
    Me on all fours ,I pick it up, try to get up....
    And hit the top back of my skull on the point of the backbox

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

Dropping a screw, it lands on the floor at the right backside.
    Me on all fours ,I pick it up, try to get up....
    And hit the top back of my skull on the point of the backbox

Ouch!!!

#112 5 years ago

Dropping a screw into a raised pf.

Cat hops in the opened door with glass on and pf down. Little fu@ker.

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

I got tired of torching things (skin, wires, coils) when using the butane torch. That exhaust port is always fun. I nearly started carrying around a Hakko 888 in my field kit.
    I’ve recently moved on to the TS80 soldering iron, tethered via USB cable to an Anker battery. Melts solder like butter even on coil. [quoted image]

any input on how long the battery lasts for this? both in use and in storage?

#114 5 years ago

I haven’t drained it yet but the math says about 90 minutes of runtime. As to storage I’ve only charged it once and have been using it periodically for the last month; the battery indicator hasn’t changed at all. Some day I’ll try and intentionally run it down.

I wrote up a more detailed post on this -
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ts80-battery-powered-soldering-iron-i-m-in-love

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-top-2-worst-things-when-working-on-my-pins/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.