Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Rdoyle1978
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is your throttle stuck on full?”

• Yes 4 votes
      16%
    • Most of the time 9 votes
      36%
    • Only after coke and amphetamine ls 0 votes
    • Never bro I'm chill as f 12 votes
      48%

(25 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

just-chill-bro (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Anyone else feel that they can never just sit down and relax? I always need to be doing something. I'm not into movies because it feels like a waste of 2 hours of my life. Maybe if weed was legal I could chill out. Whatever. Life is to short to sleep and sit on the couch.

#2 6 years ago

My throttle has been wide open since I turned 50. Now my parts are wearing out and I had to throttle back. I don't know how old you are or what you do with yourself while in full throttle mode but some words of advice: Limit jumping off of anything higher then 3', If you have to get a meniscus surgery get it repaired not removed, avoid hi impact car crashes, don't carry around pinball machines on your back and lastly don't be an excavator above 10,000 feet!

#3 6 years ago

I just idle...

#4 6 years ago

I will sleep when I am dead.

#5 6 years ago

Sometimes I wish I could

just-chill-bro (resized).jpgjust-chill-bro (resized).jpg

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Anyone else feel that they can never just sit down and relax? I always need to be doing something. I'm not into movies because it feels like a waste of 2 hours of my life. Maybe if weed was legal I could chill out. Whatever. Life is to short to sleep and sit on the couch.

Weed helps

#7 6 years ago

I have a DOT license so the government tells me to just say no. Sucks but maybe someday it will be federally treated like alcohol. When I get to occasionally smoke it's awesome

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I have a DOT license so the government tells me to just say no. Sucks but maybe someday it will be federally treated like alcohol. When I get to occasionally smoke it's awesome

Yeah, don't risk your job!

#9 6 years ago

I have found forced relaxation (throttling back) is a good thing.

Booking vacations where there is just not much to do is sometimes good.

#10 6 years ago

1 Wife,2 jobs,3 kids,5 cats,1 dog and a house to put them all in...ahh..yaa...stuck wide open...!!!.....Joey...ps...yes...Weed helps

#11 6 years ago

I don't think any of us were meant to be couch potatoes staring at the idiot box for hours on end. That being said as long as there is something to do, you might as well do it.

#12 6 years ago

Back in the '60s and early '70s, they (parents and the nuns at my catholic school) thought I was "hyper." This was the early days of prescribing Ritalin to chilluns. They didn't know from dosage in them days. I never got to sleep before 2am and ate like a meth-head on a binge--almost nothin'. Serious speed.

Ah, the good old days...

I still have pretty much only two settings: off and on.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

as long as there is something to do, you might as well do it.

Amen brother. Went to the Dominican republic, and I'm not the biggest fan of hanging out at the beach all day so I just drank the whole time. Alot better way to pass the time.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Booking vacations where there is just not much to do is sometimes good.

I can't. When I book a vacation it usually means adding a turbo onto my already full throttle.

#14 6 years ago

I've been flying fast for so long I'm amazed my heart can keep up. I wouldn't be surprised if someday it just decides to lock up.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I've been flying fast for so long I'm amazed my heart can keep up. I wouldn't be surprised if someday it just decides to lock up.

You probably won't have time to be surprised. It's probably why I have high blood pressure

#16 6 years ago

I run till I'm exhausted. I want to do SO much stuff, it exhausts my wife. She likes to travel and go places, and I do too - but it's rarely at the same time or the same destination! I'm trying to fit in acting, playing in a rock band, 2 jobs, being a dad, and pinball. My son is my priority and I am rarely gone more than a night every 2 weeks or so, but I know we only have so much time on this planet..

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I run till I'm exhausted.

And when that happens you can always do vodka redbulls

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Back in the '60s and early '70s, they (parents and the nuns at my catholic school) thought I was "hyper." This was the early days of prescribing Ritalin to chilluns. They didn't know from dosage in them days. I never got to sleep before 2am and ate like a meth-head on a binge--almost nothin'. Serious speed.
    Ah, the good old days...
    I still have pretty much only two settings: off and on.

HA that reminds me of, me... what I remember is that they always kept saying over and over, "why do you have ants in your pants". And "there's that kid with ants in his pants". "WHY CAN'T YOU SIT THERE AND BE STILL!?!" I just couldn't. Thankfully, they didn't do the thing with the drugs.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mfsrc791:

And when that happens you can always do vodka redbulls

No Vodka or RedBull; doesn't fit the keto diet

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

HA that reminds me of, me... what I remember is that they always kept saying over and over, "why do you have ants in your pants". And "there's that kid with ants in his pants". "WHY CAN'T YOU SIT THERE AND BE STILL!?!" I just couldn't. Thankfully, they didn't do the thing with the drugs.

Man that makes me kinda sad - my kid also has ants in his pants, WAY more than I did as a child - my motor didn't hit high gear until I was about 25, and I would hate to think about anybody bringing up any kind of drugs

#21 6 years ago

Today it's Hyper activity disorder ADHD. Severe cases can be handled with drugs. I was accused of being hyper active back in grade school and I was busy, but not ADHD. If you got a lot of energy, put it to good use in life. Don't waste it.

#22 6 years ago

I'm a lazy guy and slept 8-10 hrs a day my entire life, until I turned 43. Then somehow I ended with an IT consulting gig and a business making merchandise for Marvel, DC, and WWE. Add in 3 kids w/ 4 basketball teams, and a hockey player, and I can't figure out why I'm always exhausted and don't have time to enjoy my comic book and pinball collecting.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from albummydavis:

I'm a lazy guy and slept 8-10 hrs a day my entire life, until I turned 43. Then somehow I ended with an IT consulting gig and a business making merchandise for Marvel, DC, and WWE. Add in 3 kids w/ 4 basketball teams, and a hockey player, and I can't figure out why I'm always exhausted and don't have time to enjoy my comic book and pinball collecting.

Damn! Nice work, sometimes life falls in your lap, eh? My son is a huge WWE fan; he may have some of your stuff!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-throttle-has-been-stuck-since-birth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.