Crybaby.jpg
image-50.jpg
bubble-burst-o.gif
al-bunde.gif
Waah-1.gif
kid_crying.JPG
mm.jpg
sneetches (1).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

I just sent the following to my distributor:
Please cancel my STLE order.
With all that is going on with classic and valuable games being re-released, I have decided to keep my collection in its present state and make no further game purchases for the foreseeable future. It is possible that I may liquidate my collection before AFM, MB, and CC are re-released, destroying their value. It is only a matter of time that Stern begins releasing an LE2 version of its more popular LE games destroying any potential for appreciation. Due to the greed of the powers that be (Planetary Pinball), who have decided to destroy the value of my classic games, I can no longer support the hobby. Perhaps it is time for pinball to finally die.

Awwww wass wrong? Mad that other people can enjoy more games?

Good riddance to you and your like.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Many of you may be glad to see the higher end collectors values destroyed and enjoy your chance to own an MM, CC, MB etc. However, the high end collector is not the only one who will be hurt in the long run. Anyone who owns one of these game in less than new condition will suffer a loss. The decrease in price of those games, plus the increased supply of new games, will hurt the overall value of all used games. It is like printing printing more money which in turn devalues all of the currency. This may rock the foundation of the higher end collector. It will ultimately hurt the value of everyones games because as soon as a game becomes worth $7-8K, it will be reproduced, destroying its value.
Enjoy the decline.

I thought you were leaving, Mr. Elitist. Buh bye

#111 10 years ago

I am blown away that there are people who think this is in any way bad for the hobby. Pinball machines reason for existing is for people to play them, not store away and rub with a diaper after every play. If you're in ANY hobby for an "investment", you are misguided.

More machines, more players = GREAT for the hobby.

Plus, it's not like existing machines are suddenly worth nothing. They have just been brought down to more "realistic" levels due to the supply being brought up to existing demand.

Anyone who didn't think that a pinball machine that had reached $12,000+ in value was ripe for reproduction obviously doesn't know much about "investing" anyways.

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from garyspinballs:

no remake game will ever hurt the value of a original game.no matter what.

Hahaha!

You better sell your MM right now if you have one before the word of the remake hits non-collectors if you are worried about the price. Supply and demand my friend and 1000 NIB's MM's just came into the supply.

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from ardvark666:

This my friends is referred to as "Privilege." And I laugh at anyone who feels that they are special for owning any pinball machine. I'm not saying not to preserve them at all. But perhaps your entire smug life needs to be checked by a sudden "loss in market value" if you are in over your head. They are pinball machines for crying out loud. These machines you drool over. They were social creatures at one point. Made to be played and enjoyed by anyone with a pocketful of quarters. It's the same people who bitch about games on "route" being a shame. You mean it's a shame that regular, common, uninitiated people are touching your precious commodity. I may be new here but I am not new to pinball. It's like complaining that the 20 year old car you just purchased was driven for 19 of the 20 years. Enjoy the hobby. Go out and play some in the wild. I grew up on it that way. They were not meant for rich people to hoard and sell to the highest bidder. These machines are overinflated and it's time for the loyalists and purists to hammer that market back down. Go back to Wall Street if you feel you were robbed by the pinball community. Wall Street would never do that to anyone. Oh wait...

+7995

#144 10 years ago

Pinmeister, why the sour grapes? You're talking about a decline of maybe 30% or so. A couple grand isn't exactly life-changing money yet that same couple grand just allowed a bunch of people on the sidelines the chance to jump in the game.

It's honestly just so damn sad that ANYONE would see this as a bad thing.

3 weeks later
#246 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

My thoughts
Many people buy AC cobra kit cars. They make them because 95% of the people who want them can't afford them.
But........they absolutely do NOT go up in value, out preform the real car,or carry the same stature of ownership as the original no matter what the remake owner thinks.
Buy one if you truly love the game because your not going to make money by owning one.
My 2cents

They don't go up in value and they do not have the statue but they damn sure do out perform real Cobras.

In the nicer kits, the gauge/quality of the steel used and the extra bracing in the chassis make them FAR less flexible and allow them to handle on a whole other level than the factory originals. They also can put down power far better as well, not to mention the improvement in braking and depending on what you choose, the engine and transmissions as well.

I've worked on many original cobra's and kits. A quality kit will blow away the original every time(performance-wise). Of course, they have the benefit of decades of improvements, so it's to be expected. I'd still wanna have an original aluminum bodied Cobra though. Beautiful.

356 Porsche kit cars will also blow away originals when it comes to performance. Panache? Not a chance.

#253 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No....more.....carguments....

No more combining words to make horrible compound words.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-thoughts-on-the-mm-announcement?tu=pinmods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.