Crybaby.jpg
image-50.jpg
bubble-burst-o.gif
al-bunde.gif
Waah-1.gif
kid_crying.JPG
mm.jpg
sneetches (1).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimjim66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#155 10 years ago

I own a MM and I am happy people will get a pinball machine they want. I have a couple of friends that purchased one that probably would not have had a chance before. I can only report how I feel, and I honestly feel good about the announcement. I obviously realize my machine is worth a little less than it was yesterday, but I don't plan on selling it anyways.

and....

I am equally empathetic to the people who recently bought a MM and are upside down. With supply and demand one group was going to win, and one group was going to lose. Why anybody would be happy over another persons misfortune is beyond me.

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from MSH:

Guessing that most of the investors who spent 12K and up on their MM's did none of these things- they only found an overpriced pin for sale and did the manual labor of writing a big fat check.

I don't know if you were being sarcastic, but I would venture that most people that can write a check for that amount have jobs. The perception that MM owners look like the character from Planter's Peanuts and have velvet ropes draped around their pins is inaccurate, but kind of funny. Every person in the hobby I know, regardless of how much money they make, earned the money to buy their pins.

I do agree with your assessment that it is a good thing that will bring even more people into the hobby.

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Oh man. I love reading rich folk whine. Plz. Continue crying for my pleasure.

If you really want to look at it from a different angle, 99% of the people I know would consider the people dropping 8k on something you can't drive to work in as too rich to relate to.

Everybody in this hobby is insane to the average person, and we need to stop acting like only a small percentage is.

#177 10 years ago
Quoted from JAXPinball:

No one wants to see you loose money but at the same time it's not much of a hobby if only an elite few (mostly middle aged men) can afford to drop 8K+ on a popular theme.

Except that is the price, not counting tax, of a new MM. In California, it really is a 9k price. Games are still priced too far out for the average person to afford them. Instead of paying 12k for a used one, people now can purchase a new one for 9k.

This hasn't changed the demographics of ownership, it has just changed what affluent pinball collectors are going to buy this year; a NIB Stern, JJP, or MMR?

Best case scenario is that some of these end up on route to attract new people to the hobby, but even then, I don't see a true price adjustment bringing pinball to the masses.

I had a deposit on 5 years ago on another MM remake and then it was only 5k to get one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimjim66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-thoughts-on-the-mm-announcement?tu=jimjim66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.