By AbacusMan

12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

So I know there are a few threds about this pin already. So I wanted to add my thoughts about this pinball machine as a long time AC/DC fan and as a newbie pinball player. So here are my thoughts!

#1. How the game looks.
    I totaly love the backglass and side art on the game. Lots of black and red with a big ol' AC/DC logo. As an AC/DC fan, what more could you ask for? Now to the playfield artwork. My biggest gripe isn't the big face, but rather that theres just too much red/orange/flesh color. It just doesn't mix well for me. AC/DC's colors are red and black. I think they should of stuck with more of what the back glass and side art looked like for the playfield.

#2 How the game sounds/plays
    So I was driving around today blasting some AC/DC in my car. I played Thunderstruck
    and relized that the song doesn't really kick in for me till like 2 minutes in. When playing pinball, some of my balls don't even last but 10 seconds. This is going to be where this pin is going to make or break it for me. For me hearing only part of a song is just wrong. So what I want to know is, how is this game going to play with the music and make it feel unique. This is where I thought Rolling Stones had its biggest flaw. Parts of songs and interruptions with train sounds and guitar riffs.

#3 Bon Scott
    I haven't seen Bon Scott on the pro model, but maybe they are going to put him in LE modles. As in for track selection, "Hell ain't a bad place to be" is the only track I haven't seen Brian Johnson do a recorded track for. So atleast one song should be with Bon Scott. Though it would be nice to hear a few more with him in it.

Well thats all I got to say. I'm still looking forward to this machine and hope it doesn't sound/play like Rolling Stones. Later all.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-thoughts-on-acdc-by-abacusman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.