1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by knobstone
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 1 year ago

Mike really controlled his temper this Expo. I never saw him yell, scream or do anything mean.

As for your repair room comments, I disagree with the above comments. I helped repair several machines that were brought in. Clay worked on 10-12 circuit boards as well.
    Door closed?

Knock. We were in there. Several people knocked and the door was opened.
    Many were looking for Rob’s repair service and parts sales which we were not. We basically were a game repair room which is what Mike advertised here on pinside as well as the description, albeit about Rob Anthony, on the Expo website.
    We did accept whole EM machines for repair.

If knocking didn’t work (we need to eat, utilize the facilities, attend events too) Mike had a key for the room and we always had an alternate person to securely accept machines & boards for repair. The Expo main desk knew who get potential repair customers to for those events.
    Clay arrived around noon on Thursday and my son & I got in around 6pm that day.

We worked past that Midnight and then we got to play in the free play room. Friday was a long day but yes, we took three hours to attend the PBL charity event. Still put in eight hours in the room on Friday. My son too. Clay a few more hours.

Sorry you didn’t like our M.O. maybe Rob will be back next year as we actually did this as a labor of love for pinball and Expo.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from fishmanrob:

Everything you just listed is why I stopped going. This Mike guy is a real piece of work. Everyone complains every year and nothing ever changes. You got a guy with really poor management skills and a poor attitude trying to run this every year.
    You can see the difference of experiences with the Pinball Life event. It's a bigger and bigger hit every year. Everyone loves it. Not so much the expo event at the hotel.

Mike's attitude was great this year on Thursday from 6pm to 11 am Saturday while I was there. He deserves an accolade for his improvement in this area.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from vidgameseller:

I know your buddies with clay, so I expect the support. That's fine. But a shut door is not welcoming to people, especially since the past years, if the door was closed, the room was closed. By the way, everytime I left to go somewhere, you were actually the same place, kinda doubt that anyone else was driving a Audi with mrbally MI plates
    As for your comment about Mike , wrong again, just ask James loflin

Let me know how to get in touch with James Loflin as I don't know him. A pm is fine. My car was moved three times after arrival on Thursday. My son or I returned it to the same spot as it was protected on one side and was available every time we returned..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 78.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 14.95
    $ 21.00
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Great American Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 16.00
    Tools
    PinballSolutions.eu
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 259.99
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 11.95
    $ 8.50
    Lighting - Led
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside