IMG_1245.jpg
IMG_1244_1.jpg
IMG_1242_1.jpg
IMG_1219_1.jpg
IMG_1218_2.jpg
IMG_1244.jpg
untitled2.png
untitled1.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mac622.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 9 years ago

Beezle - if you want to try the Festool you're welcome to borrow mine. I'm only 15 minutes from you.

I was going to start my FH resto last month but my honey, the love of my life, wanted the basement finished first so my resto is getting punted for another few weeks.

Happy Easter everyone!

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You know I grew up in Chatham Township, right? And my friend runs a landscaping business in Green Village? Very kind offer, buddy...if I have trouble with the DeWalt tomorrow, I'll shoot you a PM.

No kidding - didn't know that! I've lived in Morris County my entire life - Motown, Chester, Brookside and Madison (I think my dad was part gypsy!). Back in the day the Madison/East Hanover rivalry was quite intense. I remember quite a few skirmishes at the football games...

Who's you're landscaping friend - I'm sure I would know him or know of him. GV is a very small town!

That Festool is amazing. I stripped my Whirlwind in no time at all. It takes so much of that hard, tedious work out of the equation. Shoot me a PM if you want to give it a go.

Cheers!

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Chapter Three: Mondo Bondo
Let me start by saying that I hate sanding. I'm thinking this is the worst part of a restoration...at least I hope it is. Because if it isn't, this is the last one I'm doing. Or I'll just order a pre-done cabinet from VirtuaPin.

Looking great - keep up the good work. Even with a Festool set-up I easily spent 40+ hours on my WW cab resto alone. The stripping, sanding, bondo, sanding, bondo, lather, rinse, repeat, priming, sanding, priming, sanding, decaling, trimming, touching up, etc. is a brutal process. If you take your time and don't cut corners like you're doing it will all pay off in the end.

I'm starting my FH in a couple of weeks as soon as I finish my basement and honey-do list. My cab, and back box in particular, are in such rough shape that I did what you mentioned and bought a complete set-up from Paul at Virtuapin. I estimated it would probably have taken 50-60 hours to do it right so the amount of time saved will be totally worth the $900 I spent on the cabinet. My services are worth more than $15 an hour

1 week later
#124 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's why you're a god among men. Off to view your WPC warning silkscreen video about a 100 times so I don't completely screw THAT up, too...

Let me know if you need any ink. I'll never use up my quart in a lifetime!

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

Thank you for posting this thread. I *think* I'm going to tackle my own FH restore. However, cabinet / woodworking is no where close to my wheelhouse. Someone had mentioned using VirtuaPin for a new cabinet. That's the route I think is best for me, but how much woodworking would be required at that point? Are the cabinets otherwise pretty exact?

I'm pretty sure there would be "no" woodworking required if buying one of their cabs but ask me in a few weeks and I'll confirm. I'm fairly adept at woodworking and restored my WW cab no problem but my FH cabinet and bbox were both is such poor condition (water damage, delamination, etc) that it didn't make sense to spend the massive amount of time and reworking it would have taken to restore them. I took the plunge and ordered one of Virtuapins' cab/bbox packages and am having the art installed. Paul was great to work with had no problem with any extras I asked for (full paint down the insides, etc.).

1 month later
#217 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Except for this thing, which is making me long for the solace that death will bring...
IMG_0820.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
But that's for next weekend!!!

Hey Randy - is it possible to notch the lockbar receiver you got from PBL with a cutting wheel, bandsaw, jigsaw saw, etc to accommodate the 2nd shooter? I don't think you would have to remove to much of the metal and I'm assuming a standard receiver is very similar to a stock FH receiver except for the notching and maybe some of the mounting holes? Just a thought

1 month later
#276 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

FYI...project temporarily on hold while I await new flipper coils and do a little colon prep for some ass spelunking tomorrow.
Yeah. You read that right.

Sounds like a lovely Hump Day adventure...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 22.50
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mac622.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-this-aint-no-hep-funhouse-restoration-1?tu=mac622 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.