image_(resized).jpeg
images_(resized).jpg
Untitled_(resized).png
dsc_0397_(resized).jpg
Bill-Jeff_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image.jpeg
qxy0g.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 7 years ago

Thanks for sharing. I have an Airborne and enjoy playing it very much. The end of game sequence is particularly cool. Night flying animations too. I'm fascinated by the Capcom story and am sure others are too. I'm always interested to hear more about it.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from DMDDude:

DMC, Airborne was my first pinball game. I am not sure, but it might be the first pin to use 3D rendered animations (is there a way to know?).

*I haven't seen an effect like it before or since. Others reading this thread may know.

I worked a while on the game over sequence and loved it. The attract animation, too (a pin transforms into a jet pin and flies off).

*Indeed. This is very cool. Watching the animations gives me a "Yeah!" punch-the-air feel. It really appeals to my inner young adult enthusiasm for aviation.

Night flying was a highlight, definitely. Buzz the tower had a final animation where it gets pulled out of the ground and flies up. I thought it made for a great finish. When the game was done, it was set for free play in our little arcade room and it drew a good amount of play.

*Sounds like good times. How was Airborne "launched"? At a show? Was there a party?

I didn't work on Pinball Magic. But it did make an impression on me.

*I have a PM too. Next to Airborne.

*Did you work with Claude? Was Airborne like his comeback to pinball design? Who knows what became of all the other members of the team?

*Thanks for sharing. Have you got any pics from those days in the factory?

#38 7 years ago

Thanks Kevin. I believe Bryan Hansen is a mechanical engineer with JJP. There's also a Pinside member called PinballMagic who I suspect worked for Capcom. Not sure if it's one and the same. Here's a pic from the web, and although it might not be the Airborne team, there's probably people you will recognize.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

He hasn't been with JJP for over a year.
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd. Hopefully he is doing okay in whatever he's up to.

#56 7 years ago

Kevin, what was your inspiration for the pilot animations when shooting the spinner on Airborne? I really like it and it's great how his cheeks start flapping as you get more airspeed. It reminds me of something but I don't know what...Roger Ramjet, or Chuck Yeager in The Right Stuff, or The Rocketeer movie?

2 weeks later
#90 7 years ago

Lt Eric Russell I think. Reminds me a bit of Kelly McGillis in Top Gun.
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Added over 8 years ago: Erica Russell

1 month later
#92 7 years ago

Hey Kevin. Last weekend I took my nice Airborne to Pinfest at Caves Beach, Newcastle. Our Pinfest is open to the public and entry proceeds go towards charity. There were 65 machines present with hundreds of visitors attending and playing the machines on free play. I watched dozens of people play the Airborne and they all were having a great time. The more experienced pinheads there also loved playing the game as many of them hadn't seen one, let alone played one. At the end of the weekend the machine was awarded Best DMD and Best in Show for how nicely it presented. I have the LED OCD board in it which really brings the machine to life. So thanks again for your contribution to the game. Now I just need to get in touch with Claude as well ☺️

IMG_0200 (resized).JPGIMG_0200 (resized).JPG

IMG_0199 (resized).JPGIMG_0199 (resized).JPG

IMG_0198 (resized).JPGIMG_0198 (resized).JPG

9 months later
#96 6 years ago

Any more stories @DMDDude?'

2 months later
#107 6 years ago

Saw this on SilverUnicorn business card. ^
http://www.stanfukuoka.com
Oh I hope the remake Kingpin.

Added over 6 years ago: *they*

3 months later
#132 6 years ago

I see that snappyness in the Airborne animations. DMDDude2 have you heard the rumours about Kingpin being remade?

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from DMDDude2:

No, I haven't! What's being said?

Yes what Whysnow wrote. There was a picture posted on the Facebook page of Paul Kiefert (Circus Maximus) of a new looking KP playfield being assembled.

1 week later
#140 6 years ago

Looks like a long way to go.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 209.00
8,100 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-thanks-to-fans-of-capcom-pinball-games?tu=dmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.