Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 77 days ago by cosmokramer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMAG0763.jpg
indy3.JPG
indy2.JPG
indy1.JPG

#1 6 years ago

Game was in same location its entire life, Waxed weekly, balls changed monthly has never been torn down and only worn rubbers have been replaced and bulbs.

Shows you how well these sterns hold up, if the ops decide to take care of the games, they truly last and remain in stellar condition.

indy1.JPG indy2.JPG indy3.JPG

#2 6 years ago

And lets just say I have at medieval, twlight, Williams Indy and arabian nights along with every A title out there.. On location this baby earns way better, Kids play my mario bros pin more than any williams was played or Stern. Xmen is off to a good start though, I know it will be a good earner.. Which is all that matters, Collectors cant sustain pinball. Has to be a surge in players on locations, so OPS start buying again.

#3 6 years ago

Congrats on very nice machine indeed but, in all fairness to the OP's out there, you have a VERY LIMITED collection to care for......most op's have a dozen or so to look after and as you well know that takes time. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying most OP's couldn't take better care of thier pins.......no not hardly, I'm just saying the demands of keeping 12-25 machines going is huge and then there is the business itself that requires time also. Just expressing some thoughts is all......

#4 6 years ago

I actually know an op that still has about 75 machines out, And they still wax, rubber and bulb at every collection. It is rare but they earn so much better when they are clean. But I also know the bigger ops have been cutting back, its just sad to see the state of some of these location pins.

and your right we only have 8-12 to take care of here

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Congrats on very nice machine indeed but, in all fairness to the OP's out there, you have a VERY LIMITED collection to care for....

I don't think that's as much as a factor as him putting protectors on the game. I guarantee you both of the scoop holes would be completely blown out without protectors. Have you ever seen an IJ4 on location? Those scoops blow out very quickly. Not only does it look like hell, but the captive ball often has trouble seating when the hole starts deforming. I get tired of people slapping protectors on every (home) game they own, but in this case, the protectors saved the game.

I use protectors on some, but not all of my location games. Did this IJ4 break any protectors along the way? I've had 2 scoop protectors break on location. You know your game is getting a lot of plays when metal protectors are breaking.

#6 6 years ago

8-12 pins is still a hell of a lot of work and for your machines to look like your post pic's, well, and all I can say, is you sir are to be highly commended as that is no small feat!!!!!

#7 6 years ago

I only had to go through two of the scoop protectors and had to get some new adhesive strips for the captive ball a few times. Cliffy is the champ on this thing, I usually put them on all my games pryor to setting on location.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

8-12 pins is still a hell of a lot of work and for your machines to look like your post pic's...

The pictures are complimentary. Yet another reason why you shouldn't buy a pin long distance based only on pics. If he would've told us it was HUO, it would be hard to disprove based on the pics he posted. But if you took a closeup pic of that playfield with natural light at just the right angle (or looked at it with your own two eyes), you would see way way too many dimples to count. Pics and videos never do a game proper justice. Not dissing the poster in the least. Good for him and good for those 100k players.

#9 6 years ago

Oh...that "Indiana Jones." JK

#10 6 years ago

Thats why collectors are killing pinball, These babys are to look at, they are to play and play hard... Dimples give character. If you are just going to keep them in your basement under dust covers, then whats the point. Anyone that has clearcoated a playfield knows that you will start to get dimples just from breathing on it... Play the games boys, break a few plastics while your at it, Play hard, then leave the basement and head upstairs and make love to your wife... otherwise your neighbor will.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Benepinballs:

Thats why collectors are killing pinball, These babys are to look at, they are to play and play hard... Dimples give character. If you are just going to keep them in your basement under dust covers, then whats the point. Anyone that has clearcoated a playfield knows that you will start to get dimples just from breathing on it... Play the games boys, break a few plastics while your at it, Play hard, then leave the basement and head upstairs and make love to your wife... otherwise your neighbor will.

+1

#12 6 years ago

Play hard, then leave the basement and head upstairs and make love to your wife... otherwise your neighbor will.

Quote of the month!

#13 6 years ago

If people let their machines sit silently in their basements, they will be preserving works of art for the future to enjoy. If everyone played the hell out of every one, there'd be no more good MM's or TZ's in 25 years!

#14 6 years ago

WTF that game make you about $50,000? Where did you put it?

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

that game make you about $50,000

Here I thought I was the only one who caught on to that. I figure some of those 100,000 plays were free and then there is the whole 5 plays for $2.00. But the earnings should still be $45,000+.

#16 6 years ago

This is what happens when you don't clean and wax. The ball gets stuck on the magnet wear.

IMAG0763.jpg

6 years later
#17 77 days ago

I wonder where this game is now?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Chino Hills, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 16.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Danville, VA
$ 399.95
5,295 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murfreesboro, TN
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 174.99
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside