IMG_9495.JPG
IMG_9493-1.jpg
IMG_9491-1.jpg
IMG_9477-1.jpg
IMG_9486-1.jpg
IMG_9468-1.jpg
image-158.jpg
image-961.jpg
There are 259 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 8 years ago
Quoted from Lowrent:

I wish you it's gonna work as good as the Centaur playfield you just swapped !

Va chier!

#202 8 years ago

Followed, surprised I just saw this one!

#203 8 years ago

My friend who did the cab for me just send me some pictures... He's almost done! Yeah

Star Gazer cab (1).jpgStar Gazer cab (1).jpg Star Gazer cab (2).jpgStar Gazer cab (2).jpg Star Gazer cab (3).jpgStar Gazer cab (3).jpg
#204 8 years ago

Gonna be a sweet game, man!

#205 8 years ago

It must be true what they say about finding pins in Canada, this guy made his own from scratch.

#206 8 years ago

he scores!!!

#207 8 years ago

What an awesome evening!

Tonight I went to HPR pinball house to test my playfield in his stargazer.

First we remove the fuse under the playfeild to eliminated the solenoids.

After that we plug the connector on the power supply and turn the game on... All th GI was ok and bright.

Next step we plug all the connector and turn the game on, the attrack mode work and seem coherent. We put the game in test and all the controlled light was on.

After that we test the switch matrix and everything is ok, we also find a little mistake in the switch number in the schematic.

Finally we put the fuse under the playfield and test the solenoids... Everything was working perfectly.

The biggest problem we got is a drop target switch that won't register all the time, with a little adjustement and love, we finally resolve the little problem

I have now a 100% working stargazer playfeild

This is one of the first gameplay video with my scratch built playfeild!

Thank maxime to share your stargazer and help me with that project!

#208 8 years ago

Congratulations! It's a great feeling to have it work the first time.

#209 8 years ago

Congrats Gino

#210 8 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

I have now a 100% working stargazer playfield

You did an incredible job. The video looks like you have a very fun game in front of you now.
Bravo!
-mof

#211 8 years ago

Hats off to you Redketchup, amazing work, cant wait to see you get yours together in your own cabinet and completed.

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

Plastics and apron intalled

image.jpg

Unbelievable. Nice job.!!

#213 8 years ago

Got my cab from my friend today, very happy with what he did.

I start with the head tonight, tomorrow the cab.

Everything went smooth, the light panel was perfect and all the display are adjust in there place... A good evening of work!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-263.jpgimage-263.jpg image-381.jpgimage-381.jpg image-688.jpgimage-688.jpg image-111.jpgimage-111.jpg
#214 8 years ago

I know pappyboyington has done alot of work on which colored LED's to use in the backbox to enhance the artwork vs. all same color. We need to ping him. His backglass with lighting looks amazing.

#215 8 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

I know pappyboyington has done alot of work on which colored LED's to use in the backbox to enhance the artwork vs. all same color. We need to ping him. His backglass with lighting looks amazing.

Do it. I'd like to know too. Which backglass does he have? Original light/dark or Greatwich repro? I have an original light in great shape and a repro.

#216 8 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Do it. I'd like to know too. Which backglass does he have? Original light/dark or Greatwich repro? I have an original light in great shape and a repro.

He has an original dark blue crap. The one we secured for 500 bills at Super Auction 12 years ago. No other bidders....

The definition of "STERN JUNK"....

DSCF1717.JPGDSCF1717.JPG DSCF1703.JPGDSCF1703.JPG DSCF1708.JPGDSCF1708.JPG DSCF1716.JPGDSCF1716.JPG
#217 8 years ago

More progress

image.jpgimage.jpg image-725.jpgimage-725.jpg image-582.jpgimage-582.jpg image-43.jpgimage-43.jpg
#220 8 years ago

Today is probably my best day in my pinball history!

I fire up my Stargazer for the first time. I have to move only one wire from the F2K backbox harness for the sound. For the rest, everything start at the first time.

I have a couple more thing to do but the project is pretty much all done...

Say Hi to stargazer number 870!

#221 8 years ago

Wow, amazing job! Congratulations on completing it! This proves with enough skill, determination, and inspiration nearly anything is possible! Thanks for documenting the process here, it's been a very enjoyable thread to follow. Congrats again!!!

#222 8 years ago

Congratulations Gino -

#223 8 years ago

Excellent achievement Redketchup, Now we need the IPDB to change confirmed units from 869 units to 870units. -

#224 8 years ago

I have alot of people to thank's. I was in the driving seat for this project, but i got a lot of help from a lot of poeple...

Thank's
John Greatwich
HPR pinball
Sparky
Promojoe23
Lovef2k
Lowrent
Ottogd
Mindstrom88
Classic_stern
Lb45

And probably a lot more...

#225 8 years ago

That's what we're here for! I'm glad for you and the success of making this happen.

#226 8 years ago

Little facts! thank's HPR Pinball...

I don't know why but Stargazer need a 7 digit display for the credit display. When I put the display on, I used a 6 digit for the credit display like all my other pinball. but I had a probleme with the digit alignement...

It look like this, there is one digit cover by the backglass for the credit...
413448.jpg413448.jpg
With the 7 digit display, It look normal...
stargazer_BG.jpgstargazer_BG.jpg

#227 8 years ago

Looking forward to some vids of game play.
-mof

#228 8 years ago

Great pin, great thread. I am delighted for you. Enjoy.

#229 8 years ago

After all the trouble of the pre-orders. It's threads like this remind me why I love pinball. Fantastic Job! Your Stargazer looks fantastic!

#230 8 years ago

This is interesting about the credit/match display problem. I have the same issue with F2K and using the Pinscore 6 digit display. The numbers don't line up with the windows of the backglass. I will try the 7 dig and see what happens.

#231 8 years ago

Let me know what you found!

#232 8 years ago

Star Gazer works better with a 7-digit display in the credit/match position than a 6-digit.

Below the first picture is a 6-digit display. The second is with a 7-digit display.

IMG_8438.jpgIMG_8438.jpg20140408_180503.jpg20140408_180503.jpg

#233 8 years ago

That looks awesome. Be proud of yourself. I would love to do a project like this. Stargazer looks like a really cool game.

#234 8 years ago

Pictures sessions!

IMG_9468-1.jpgIMG_9468-1.jpg IMG_9477-1.jpgIMG_9477-1.jpg IMG_9486-1.jpgIMG_9486-1.jpg IMG_9491-1.jpgIMG_9491-1.jpg IMG_9493-1.jpgIMG_9493-1.jpg IMG_9495.JPGIMG_9495.JPG
#235 8 years ago

Now the gameplay video... I need to put the Oliver roms, because it's really to easy now

#236 8 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

Now the gameplay video... I need to put the Oliver roms, because it's really to easy now
» YouTube video

Great video, thank you!
-mof

I would recommend pitching the game just a LITTLE bit higher. It feels like you have it at 5.5°

#237 8 years ago

All my old stern are pitch at 5,5 degrees... Most of them are bitch at this pitch, stargazer give me a litle break!

#238 8 years ago

Looks very nice. I can get the printer to do the apron stickers you wanted.

#239 8 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

All my old stern are pitch at 5,5 degrees... Most of them are bitch at this pitch, stargazer give me a litle break!

Ok, I only mentioned this because you said it was too easy. =)
-mof

#240 8 years ago

The new roms from Oliver make the game a lot harder, the roms are already order, I should have it this friday. With this I will be very happy.

The biggest difference is you can set the star rollover to don't spot the zodiac target.

#241 8 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Looks very nice. I can get the printer to do the apron stickers you wanted.

Thank's John

this project would have not been possible without you.

For the apron, pinrescue is working on it right now, so I should be avalable for the community soon.

#242 8 years ago

I love that chick's intense stare! Right into your soul!

#243 8 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

The new roms from Oliver make the game a lot harder, the roms are already order, I should have it this friday. With this I will be very happy.
The biggest difference is you can set the star rollover to don't spot the zodiac target.

They don't make it harder they make it right. I built that software and Oliver put it to code. Critical part of the game. Without the game is bad.

#244 8 years ago

Apron decals now available!

http://www.pinballrescue.net/Decals_Apron_Stern.html

"Decal printed white and yellow on clear.
Repaint cover in gloss blue"

#245 8 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

They don't make it harder they make it right. I built that software and Oliver put it to code. Critical part of the game. Without the game is bad.

Flawed is the term I would use. Like Centaur, too easy to build up a big bonus. This and the multiplier reset are great fixes. I think I may change my multiplier to reset at 6x or 7x.....too difficult to reach the full potential of 10x.

#246 8 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Flawed is the term I would use. Like Centaur, too easy to build up a big bonus. This and the multiplier reset are great fixes. I think I may change my multiplier to reset at 6x or 7x.....too difficult to reach the full potential of 10x.

Eh. If people are routinely rolling the scores over then I'd agree. Highest on my SG is from Keith Johnson at just over 4M. Highest on my Centaur is 3.3M. Listening to a 20 minute bonus countdown is awesome especially when player 4 beats player 3 during the bonus fanfare.

Games like my Meteor and Galaxy, with 6 digit scoring, are easily rolled over. Any score higher than 999k isn't recorded as a high score. But to me, I'd be more apt to add a 7-digit display than do the /10 ROMs.

#247 8 years ago

Dude...absolutely STUNNING!!!

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Eh. If people are routinely rolling the scores over then I'd agree. Highest on my SG is from Keith Johnson at just over 4M. Highest on my Centaur is 3.3M. Listening to a 20 minute bonus countdown is awesome especially when player 4 beats player 3 during the bonus fanfare.
Games like my Meteor and Galaxy, with 6 digit scoring, are easily rolled over. Any score higher than 999k isn't recorded as a high score. But to me, I'd be more apt to add a 7-digit display than do the /10 ROMs.

I guess my max bonus analogy was a bad example. The new ROM code makes the game more fun and challenging by forcing you to hit all the targets on the table. Think Silverball Mania. The game is not fun because the only thing worth shooting for is the center loop. The new SBM code forces you to shoot the ball up top to collect letters.

I like the multiplier reset. Otherwise, once you max the multiplier you have no reason to shoot the left and right drop target banks.

Galaxy and Meteor fall victim to long ball times. Meteor's rules are actually very good. Bonus starts over every ball, bonus multiplier resets at 6 or 7x. Crank Meteor up to 7 degrees or more and you'll be hard pressed to roll it. Fast and fun!

6 months later
#249 8 years ago

Last thing, i have my apron decal redone. Look better, a lot better!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.95
$ 3.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 69.00
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tempe, AZ
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 259 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-stargazer-crazy-project/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.