View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20220704-180623 (resized).png
shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
star_trek_art_pic-1.jpg
star_trek_pic-2.jpg
star_trek_pic_-5.jpg
star_trek_pic-1.jpg
st_mockup.jpg
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Just wanted to post pics and video Star Trek pinball topper design. It works great for the Pro and LE. It has 2 levels with blue cathode and led lighting. It features a control module that has many effects. I just have it set to flash in the video. I posted a pic of the art because the video doesn't really show the detail and definition of the artwork. I am designing a slightly different topper for the Premium with a different color scheme and red lighting. Questions and comments are always appreciated. Thanks!

www.tilttopper.webs.com

// Error: Image 135113 not found // st_mockup.jpgst_mockup.jpg star_trek_pic-1.jpgstar_trek_pic-1.jpg star_trek_pic_-5.jpgstar_trek_pic_-5.jpg star_trek_pic-2.jpgstar_trek_pic-2.jpg star_trek_art_pic-1.jpgstar_trek_art_pic-1.jpg

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Please do not use all caps in thread headers.

#2 10 years ago

Wow. I hate toppers but this looks like it should be included from Stern.
Amazing work!

#3 10 years ago

Perhaps you could be hired by Stern to design the whole pin??? Nice work.

#4 10 years ago

Wow! I usually don't like toppers but that really ties that game in. Pro looking good : )

#5 10 years ago

OMG, I'm not a fan of toppers but this one kicks ass! Are you selling them? How much?

#6 10 years ago

TOP NOTCH!!!

#7 10 years ago

F#(< dude, that is sweet! I'm not sure if I like the idea of red lighting for the LE (which is so dominantly blue), but given how sweet this one looks, who am I to question?

#8 10 years ago

Awesome buddy!

#9 10 years ago

Um. I'll take it! But don't you think blue would look better with the LE than red? Or did you mean premium.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

OMG, I'm not a fan of toppers but this one kicks ass! Are you selling them? How much?

Thanks for the kind words Yes I am selling them. They are $185.00 and I am only doing one run of these and one run of the Premium.

#11 10 years ago

Looks like it is meant to be there. Nice work!

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

I am only doing one run of these and one run of the Premium.

So when you earlier said red lighting for the LE, did you really mean Premium? Are you doing something different for the LE?

#13 10 years ago

I'd like to see the LE version when you've finalized it. These look great.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

F#(< dude, that is sweet! I'm not sure if I like the idea of red lighting for the LE (which is so dominantly blue), but given how sweet this one looks, who am I to question?

Oops.. Yes I meant Premium

#15 10 years ago

That is terrific!!

#16 10 years ago

That looks awesome! Great topper.

#17 10 years ago

Might design a modified version for STNG if there is interest...

#18 10 years ago

That just improved the art package by 100%

Very nice looking topper. You should make variants for other Star Trek games

#19 10 years ago

Dan has a lot of talent artistically . He has helped me out for years on art projects and has a unique vision of how things can be when doing an original design. Dan did the art on a custom machine for me last fall and the client was flabbergasted by the quality. It was done under time constraints and turned out great. I would really like to see what he could do for one of the major mfrs. as I feel people seem to really like original designs verses clip art. Hopefully someone can take notice and hire him to do a design someday

#20 10 years ago

Shut up and take my money!

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpgshut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

So when you earlier said red lighting for the LE, did you really mean Premium? Are you doing something different for the LE?

Yes I meant the premium. This version jibes well with the Pro and LE. Also doing custom leds in the engines upon request. They can be wired with the module so they can flash, flicker, strobe,fade etc. they can also be left separate to be wired to the pop bumpers.

#22 10 years ago

Awesome topper!

#23 10 years ago

I want one, but I am not 100% certain that the LE does not include a topper from Stern. The feature sheet says "LED Illuminated 6" stainless steel Star Trek Shield Emblem on back box." Sure sounds like a topper to me. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

#24 10 years ago

Pretty sure they mean that speaker panel.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Pretty sure they mean that speaker panel.

No I don't think they mean speaker panel. they mean the 6" symbols on the sides of the back box. If you look at pics of the LE you will see them there on the side of the back box.

#26 10 years ago

Is that the correct enterprise?

#27 10 years ago

Looks great how tall is it on top? And how much great work

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Looks great how tall is it on top? And how much great work

The topper is 21"x10". It comes with the cable and plug to connect to the 5v below the right flipper.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Is that the correct enterprise?

Who cares. That thing is so bad ass looking I would buy it even if it was the next generation ship!

#30 10 years ago

IDK - doesn't look right to me either. Looks like Original Enterprise; not JJ's.
It has red nacelles; JJs has blue. Still bad ass; but not enough lens flare.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

Might design a modified version for STNG if there is interest...

This would be great! Keep up the good work!

#32 10 years ago

Any details on the construction/printing etc? Is it plexi with a backlit film or what? Looks good, this style would work for a lot of things actually, surprised no one has broken these out bigtime already. Maybe you will!

#33 10 years ago

Wile it looks great, it's not the Enterprise from the new movies. I did find the picture on the web but no info about it. Provably some fan created art. Not bad but for me if it's going on a new $7,895.00 game it's gotta be the correct ship.

http://img.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/enterprise.jpg

Post edited by SaminVA : added pic

#34 10 years ago

Awesome work

#35 10 years ago

Complements the game very nicely

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Any details on the construction/printing etc? Is it plexi with a backlit film or what?

There is info on the website how it's built --> http://www.tilttopper.webs.com

I just sent Dan a PM with a bunch of questions about it, very nice seller with quick replies. The emblem light that is blinking can also be changed to be solid, fade or blink.

Looks like a nice topper for this game Great work on this Dan! I am totally in for one

#37 10 years ago

Sheesh. I can't resist something that nice. I am in.

#38 10 years ago

I'll take a blue one. Will look great on my ST25 or my STNG.

#39 10 years ago

Thank you to everyone for all the kind words. It's really nice to have so many people appreciate my work. I will be posting pics of the Premium topper later this week. After I finish a few more single custom topper projects I have I will be working on a STTNG model. Thanks again

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

IDK - doesn't look right to me either. Looks like Original Enterprise; not JJ's.
It has red nacelles; JJs has blue. Still bad ass; but not enough lens flare.

Looks close to me. The necelles are red when going above the speed of light and blue when going below.

#41 10 years ago

Another bump for Daniel, great seller with great products.
Have his MM topper, and very happy with it

#42 10 years ago

I wonder how many of these you'll be able to produce. They look great and should sell very well. Thanks!

#43 10 years ago

Let me know when you do the STTNG one. Cripes.

#44 10 years ago

Looks awesome! Order placed. I'm looking forward to getting mine.

#45 10 years ago

Frax - he says he'll do custom toppers.

I'm having a hard time telling how the Enterprise is rendered... Is it a Plastic piece which extends from the topper? or is the picture just 2D with a 3d look.
IE can we see it in profile?

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

While it looks great, it's not the Enterprise from the new movies.

This.

Not sayin' it ain't gorgeous, but the ship in the topper doesn't match the ship on the cabinet side artwork.

#47 10 years ago

This would look great on my DE: Star Trek 25TH

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

This would look great on my DE: Star Trek 25TH

Exactly what I was thinking. I already have a topper planned for the Bally Star Trek.
I'm kinda waiting for him to post a price somewhere - and an answer to my question.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Frax - he says he'll do custom toppers.
I'm having a hard time telling how the Enterprise is rendered... Is it a Plastic piece which extends from the topper? or is the picture just 2D with a 3d look.
IE can we see it in profile?

Yes the topper has 2 levels. The first is the enterprise that is mounted in front. The lighting is mounted between the 2 levels to give the glowing effect.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

After I finish a few more single custom topper projects I have I will be working on a STTNG model. Thanks again

I'm going to want an STTNG one please.... This one is sweet nice job..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-star-trek-topper-video-and-art and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.