You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vampy.JPG
playfield.JPG
vampire.JPG
rings.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rody.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

My 18 y/o has had me looking for a Bally Vampire for a number of years. The campy horror artwork was the motivating factor. I was pleased when I finally found one and gave it to him for his birthday.

We took the afternoon yesterday and shopped it out and completed a few repairs.

Aside from years of built up dirt and concrete stiff rubbers, we had to replace both flipper cranks as they had broken the weldment and previous attempts at soldering them back together from a previous owner.

What a difference a clean playfield, fresh rubbers, and strong flippers now make.

He's loving it and I'm impressed with the smiles it's brought to me as well, fun game!

cheers,

rody

rings.JPGrings.JPG vampire.JPGvampire.JPG playfield.JPGplayfield.JPG vampy.JPGvampy.JPG

#3 10 years ago

LTG,

Thanks, this is the first machine he's taken the lead on after a few years of grudgingly holding tools and handing me bulbs

Glad to see he's taking ownership and driving forward.

Was some nice father/son time too, aside from him kicking my butt when we play.

rody

#5 10 years ago

Ken,

I believe this is the machine...bought it from a ID picker after he blogged about the find.

Worked out well for both of us, gave him a small profit and I pointed him toward a Whirlwind, which is what he wanted for his family.

Had to suck up the expense of shipping, but after years of looking, it was worth it.

rody

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

So what's on your sons hit list next?

Oh boy, has his eyes set on Champion Pub. Told him he better focus on getting through Med school first then he can buy whatever pin he wants next

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rody.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-sons-first-shop-job-1?tu=Rody and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.