• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0879.JPG
IMG_0878.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Have recently gotten back into playing guitar. I figure there may be some guitar collectors on here as well. Looking for a vintage Les Paul or recent high end models. Something of comparable value. Not a $1000 or less model.

Average condition SOF, plays 100% error free, I have insert decal set that will come along with it.

Todd

// Error: Image 73881 not found // // Error: Image 73882 not found // IMG_0878.JPGIMG_0878.JPG IMG_0879.JPGIMG_0879.JPG

#2 11 years ago

No offense, but as a guitar collector/player for the last 30 years any kind of decent LP will be $2500 and up. Not too sure you're going to find anyone willing to make that kind of trade.

#3 11 years ago

You might be able to find somebody with a mid 90's Studio for that kind of trade. At the time the Studios were really close to the Standards, they just didn't have binding. They play and sound just as good, I have both. The newer studio's are crap though.

Guitars like pins have gone up a lot in the last 10 years. At least good guitars have.

#4 11 years ago

vintage prices have gone crazy due to japanese collectors buying them all

#5 11 years ago

I say vintage loosely. Just seeing what is out there. No offense taken. Never said straight up trade, plus cash if needed. Also, I am no an expert on the going rate of "vintage" LPs.

I have a 83 Fender Flame. What they worth now?

Todd

#6 11 years ago

I've got a 1995 Gibson LP Studio black on black I'd trade, but we're pretty far apart. Shipping would likely make it a tough trade, unfortunately. Like Gov said, it's a standard basically minus the binding. I've played a lot of LPs in my life and I am not BSing just because I am wanting to sell, it is the best sounding LP I have ever played.

I wouldn't sell it, but my two PRS's are all I play hardly anymore and it's just not fair for this guitar to sit in a closet without any love.

#7 11 years ago

Yeah, I am definitely not a guitar collector, but like pinball, there is something beautiful and unique about each guitar.

I was hoping to find someone local or heading to the TPF next month. I suppose I could just sell and put the money towards one. That would make the wife happy, or keep and try to sell her on the idea of buying one. It is tough because I just bought a Taylor 514CE, I have always wanted a nice acoustic and had put it off for years, so I finally decided to pull the trigger.

I figured since I couldnt fit anymore pins in my new house, I would use my "pinball funds" to get a guitar. It is a vicious circle for sure.

#8 11 years ago

not all have gone up. How much is a flying V worth now.

#9 11 years ago

Any advice JK? What to look for? Be cautious of? The main thing I know is to look for neck repairs at the headstock. Seem LPs were notorious for have their heads breaking.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Todd

#10 11 years ago

Todd,
you should consider an SG! they weigh quite a bit less so they are easier on the neck. I have a silver one with 81/85's and it sounds great! besides! angus can't be wrong! I sold my zakk Wylde, flying V and explorer... the one I kept was my SG!

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

Todd,
you should consider an SG! they weigh quite a bit less so they are easier on the neck. I have a silver one with 81/85's and it sounds great! besides! angus can't be wrong! I sold my zakk Wylde, flying V and explorer... the one I kept was my SG!

SG are great, but there is just something about a Les Paul. I lived in Kalamazoo, MI a number of years and thought it would be great to find one from that plant. They seem a bit pricey though. You never know. Something may come up.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

Any advice JK? What to look for? Be cautious of? The main thing I know is to look for neck repairs at the headstock. Seem LPs were notorious for have their heads breaking.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Todd

The neck is the biggest issue to watch for. A damaged or twisted neck will cause you countless problems forever. Everything else (bridge, tuners, pickups, etc) can eventually be changed. What kind of music do you want to play with it? That might help narrow the field.

#13 11 years ago

Also make sure there are no hidden mods under the pick guard such as added tone or volume knos, or aborted hack jobs. Guitars are kinda like pinball when you think about it.

#14 11 years ago

I would be interested in buying the SOF if you're willing to ship it to canada. This game is #1 on my wanted list.

Edit: I'm willing to pay whatever shipping costs as well.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

The neck is the biggest issue to watch for. A damaged or twisted neck will cause you countless problems forever. Everything else (bridge, tuners, pickups, etc) can eventually be changed. What kind of music do you want to play with it? That might help narrow the field.

I play most everything. I started playing in the mid 90s, so I know a ton of Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer, Stone Temple Pilots, and the like.

I played in a punk band for a bit, so lots of power chords and palm muting. I love the sound of my Fender Flame, it reminds be of a double cutaway LP, but once again. There is just something classic about a LP.

Quoted from aeonblack:

I would be interested in buying the SOF if you're willing to ship it to canada. This game is #1 on my wanted list.

I have had a lot of interest locally to buy out right. I am sorry, I wish you luck on your hunt!

Todd

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

I've got a 1995 Gibson LP Studio black on black I'd trade, but we're pretty far apart. Shipping would likely make it a tough trade, unfortunately. Like Gov said, it's a standard basically minus the binding. I've played a lot of LPs in my life and I am not BSing just because I am wanting to sell, it is the best sounding LP I have ever played.
I wouldn't sell it, but my two PRS's are all I play hardly anymore and it's just not fair for this guitar to sit in a closet without any love.

Agreed, I will never sell my Wine Red Studio. I think it is a '94 but I can't remember off hand. They are a great bargain if you can find one. Make sure it is from the 90's though. Best playing guitar I have ever owned and I have owned standards and some of the high end Gibson semi-hollowbody beauties.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

I play most everything. I started playing in the mid 90s, so I know a ton of Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer, Stone Temple Pilots, and the like.
I played in a punk band for a bit, so lots of power chords and palm muting. I love the sound of my Fender Flame, it reminds be of a double cutaway LP, but once again. There is just something classic about a LP.

I have had a lot of interest locally to buy out right. I am sorry, I wish you luck on your hunt!
Todd

No worries! As for what you are looking for, you may consider checking out Warmoth.com

I've built guitars with them before and they are outstanding and much more cost effective if you don't need the Gibson brand name on it. Plus, you can make it to exactly whatever specs you want!

#18 11 years ago

try and find a light one. I used an lp for awhile in one of my bands and it nearly broke my back carrying it around on public transport!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-sof-your-les-paul-guitar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.