(Topic ID: 282837)

My SM$M won’t get loud enough

By Blenderhead

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

The volume pot is maxed, but the overall level is still too low. If I increase the other pot, it continues to play tones too long. Any ideas?

#2 3 years ago

Sound board been recapped? What condition is the speaker in?

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Sound board been recapped? What condition is the speaker in?

I still need to inspect the speaker, and no, the sound card has not been recapped.
Thanks for your input. I will inspect the speaker and order a re-cap kit from Great Plains the report back

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Blenderhead:

I still need to inspect the speaker, and no, the sound card has not been recapped.
Thanks for your input. I will inspect the speaker and order a re-cap kit from Great Plains the report back

Is the pot in the head or the cabinet? I have read where the pot gets stuck on a spot and the sound wont go high, you can give it a small shot of contact cleaner and turn the pot up and down to get it going.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Is the pot in the head or the cabinet? I have read where the pot gets stuck on a spot and the sound wont go high, you can give it a small shot of contact cleaner and turn the pot up and down to get it going.

As of yet haven’t used any contact cleaner, but the pot (which is in the head on the sound card), I turned it back and forth several times in an attempt to do a “mini clean” of sorts. No change. I have been wondering if I should replace the pot and maybe the amp chip, as well as the caps. Shotgun approach versus actual troubleshooting. Just reaching out to see who has had similar experiences/fixes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-smm-wont-get-loud-enough and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.