(Topic ID: 240319)

My Sky Jump Restore.. ( Its Complete!!!)

By tscottn

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinballPimp
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5865 (resized).JPG
IMG_5866 (resized).JPG
IMG_5864 (resized).JPG
IMG_5862 (resized).JPG
IMG_5863 (resized).JPG
IMG_5861 (resized).JPG
IMG_5860 (resized).JPG
IMG_5857 (resized).JPG
IMG_5856 (resized).JPG
IMG_5855 (resized).JPG
IMG_5852 (resized).JPG
IMG_5853 (resized).JPG
IMG_5849 (resized).JPG
IMG_5851 (resized).JPG
IMG_5847 (resized).JPG
IMG_5844 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinzzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:Why Yes. Yes I do. . .
I tried bright LED lights in my Sky Jump but decided that they were too bright. Some of these pics are with the bright LED lights. I later replaced them with softer frosted LEDs. These pics are with the playfield protector on.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work, I ordered a playfield protector a couple of days ago. to install on my newish “Wade Krause” repo Sky Jump playfield, with about 600 plays on it. I can already see wear around the inserts in front of the drops! i.e. I do have the beefed up flipper coils installed, that might be adding to the wear.

I see that you have to take out the inlane wire guides to install the protector. I really don’t want to do that on a newish playfield... so, I was thinking of cutting a slit in the protector, so I can slide the protector over the guides, instead of removing them, and risk damaging a new playfield. What are your thoughts or recommendations about this?

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from tscottn:

Thanks.. BTW, Where did you buy your protector from?

I bought mine from here:

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/8C2RUwRqJkCqnsQP6T6sGA?catgoryid=22&name=Sky%20Jump%20%7C%201974%20%7C%20Playfield%20Protector

I also recommend the sling and drop target plastic protectors:

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/_ZNcsrImdky41E_4dwq53g?catgoryid=23&name=Sky%20Jump%20%7C%201974%20%7C%20Plastic%20Protectors

Sign up for their newsletter first. and wait for a 15% off coupon code, to be sent to you before you order...

2 weeks later
#49 2 years ago
Quoted from tscottn:

I thought I would give a little update on what I have been working on with regards to my Sky Jump.. I installed the new coin door, my old one was so beat up there was no real way for me to save it and look at least half way decent.. The big problem was that I guess someone must have tried to break in to it while on route so the edges were all bent.. I guess that explains the extra holes for the security bar.. so here is the new coin door installed However I did manage to use the original coin slots and lock down receiver. just a little clean up and new 25 cent stickers and its as good as new, well not really, but its decent.. There is a few dings and dents that i cant seem to get rid of but its not too bad.....[quoted image][quoted image] Next I decided to work on the lock down bar, chimes and back box door channel. They had a lot of corrosion and gunk on them, even after the evaporust bath I gave them a few weeks ago.. So I read somewhere that a bath of Kleenstrip will get rid of that, so I gave these parts a bath in it Then used a wire brush to scrub the gunk off. Worked well .. [quoted image][quoted image] Ok now time for some polishing.. I was really impressed with how well the chimes turned out.. [quoted image] next on to the lockdown bar.. there is still lots of little scratches and I just cant get that mirror finish I was able to get with the chimes but all in all, this works for me.. [quoted image][quoted image] Ok on to side rails.. these cleaned up nicely with Brasso, and scotchpads, steel wool and sandpaper.. again no mirror finish but they look so much better than before.. I also used a old blanket over the cabinet and laid the side rails on it so I had someplace to work without messing up the paint job.. [quoted image][quoted image] Ok now to finish up the chimes unit.. I completely dissembled the unit and cleaned everything, including the coils, sleeves and all the metal.. I needed it to be worthy of those nice shiny chimes.. oh and new foam too.. [quoted image] and here it is installed. [quoted image] well I guess that is it for now.. going to try and get the side rails installed tomorrow.. Im contemplating substituting the twist nails for nice screws.. if anyone knows a good replacement screw please let me know.. stay tuned
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking good! Where did you get the new red plastic side channels for the playfield glass?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinzzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside