(Topic ID: 240319)

My Sky Jump Restore.. ( Its Complete!!!)

By tscottn

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinballPimp
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 195 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5865 (resized).JPG
IMG_5866 (resized).JPG
IMG_5864 (resized).JPG
IMG_5862 (resized).JPG
IMG_5863 (resized).JPG
IMG_5861 (resized).JPG
IMG_5860 (resized).JPG
IMG_5857 (resized).JPG
IMG_5856 (resized).JPG
IMG_5855 (resized).JPG
IMG_5852 (resized).JPG
IMG_5853 (resized).JPG
IMG_5849 (resized).JPG
IMG_5851 (resized).JPG
IMG_5847 (resized).JPG
IMG_5844 (resized).JPG

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Looking good! Where did you get the new red plastic side channels for the playfield glass?

those are original.. I just cleaned them up and they were as good as new..

#52 1 year ago

Just a few more updates today.. I decided that I needed to lock down the plastic glass channel as my staples alone were not secure enough.. So I used some Liquid Nails I had laying around.. granted I will probably never be able to get them off again in one piece but oh well, I dont ever foresee that ever being a issue.. They lasted 40 + years on there without ever being removed so if I can get another 40 + out of them then I will probably be dead my then, and if not then im pretty sure I wont care anyway.. IMG_5803 (resized).JPG then some staples just for good measure.. IMG_5806 (resized).JPG Also, after thinking about it for awhile, I decided to use screws instead of new twist nails for the side rails.. Why did I do this..? Well my reasoning was that it was easier to put on. easier to take off, other than that.. not really sure.. but I think it does look pretty good.. IMG_5812 (resized).JPGIMG_5813 (resized).JPG IMG_5805 (resized).JPG I also cut a new bottom board and clear coated it.. Next is to clean and transfer all the mechanical bits to it..IMG_5814 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#53 1 year ago

Well, after a few weeks of making small progress almost everyday, today was the big day that I decided to finish this beauty up and call it done..( almost , still a few minor things to do tomorrow)

OK I needed to start cleaning all the parts on the bottom board.. wow were they dirty.. IMG_5826 (resized).JPG also I drilled the holes in my new board.. IMG_5825 (resized).JPG All the relays, metal parts and wires look better now that I cleaned them.. IMG_5827 (resized).JPGIMG_5828 (resized).JPG Now to start swapping boardsIMG_5833 (resized).JPGIMG_5836 (resized).JPG Now I started to clean up the coin mechs.. very dirty and the coins would get stuck half the time.. I like to use this stuff pictured.. its made local and has never failed me.. doesn't gum up and is a amazing lubricant.. So after I cleaned it up I sprayed it with this and worked all the mechanics.. I can honestly say that the quarters no longer get stuck and the things worked 100% like new now.. IMG_5844 (resized).JPGIMG_5847 (resized).JPG Finished up drilling and wiring up the bottom board.. I ran a new 14ft grounded power cord as well.. IMG_5849 (resized).JPGIMG_5851 (resized).JPG Coin mechs installed, and tilt all setup with a new backboard. IMG_5853 (resized).JPG IMG_5852 (resized).JPG knocker and chimes wired up.. I added a couple of molex type connectors.. not sure why.. but I did.. might make it easy to disable if I ever wanted too.. IMG_5855 (resized).JPG Backglass back in and starting to button everything up.. IMG_5856 (resized).JPGIMG_5857 (resized).JPG one thing to note, I did remove the screws in the siderails and went back to the twist nails.. looks much better, and I removed the red cabinet protectors from the legs.. I think it looks better without these items. but thats JMO. Playfiled back in with a new PF glass, and to my surprise everything tested out 100% on the first go.. I was a bit surprised that it all worked first time without needing any real adjustments.. but TADA.. its done! IMG_5860 (resized).JPGIMG_5861 (resized).JPGIMG_5862 (resized).JPGIMG_5864 (resized).JPGIMG_5866 (resized).JPG Few minor things to do tomorrow.. clean and paint the backbox door and clean up the coin box.. maybe paint it as well.. clean the stepper unit in the backbox for the ball count. and also fix or replace the total play meter and clean some items on the playfield..

Im torn if I should get a new PF or not.. this one has wear but it is not in horrible shape.. Im still contemplating this issue.. I want to thank everyone on this site for all the info I have received along the way.. its been a fun journey, I learned a lot and for my first pin restore i think it came out pretty good.. one thing i am disappointed about is that I dont have a tumbler, so I couldn't polish up all the screws and the really tiny parts.. but im gonna get one in a few weeks to be ready for my next restore.. now to move this baby in the house and figure out whats next!

IMG_5863 (resized).JPGIMG_5865 (resized).JPG
#54 1 year ago

I disagree - you'll never be be "done". I've been there - I know.
Fantastic work! Beautiful results.

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I disagree - you'll never be be "done". I've been there - I know.
Fantastic work! Beautiful results.

so true.. thanks!

#57 1 year ago

Thank you.. I would like to give a shout out to Pinball Pimp for his fantastic stencils.. I couldn't have done it without them., and his customer service was amazing.. When I had a issue ( my fault) he was quick to answer and offered lots of great insight..

Also, The Pinball Resource, because Steve has just about every part I needed at very reasonable prices.. Never once did I feel like something was over priced.. Steve was very helpful and was quick to ship. Im just amazed at the level of customer service I received from PBR.

#58 1 year ago

Steve is amazing. Very dedicated to oldschool - both oldschool Pinball and oldschool way of doing business.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Steve is amazing. Very dedicated to oldschool - both oldschool Pinball and oldschool way of doing business.

yes I was a bit surprised.. didn't think there were any old schoolers like that anymore.. but i guess there are.. I have a local hardware store by me that doesn't even have a card machine, so if you want to use credit card they have to run it the old fashion way by making a copy of it with that 1970 era imprinter thing.. and your there for like a half hour while they do all the paper work associated with your order..) its comforting to know that that level of dedication to the old ways still exists...

1 week later
#60 1 year ago

It came out great! Glad I could help you out on your Pinball restoration journey!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
$ 15.00
Apparel - Unisex
Silverball Swag
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 32.00
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 209.99
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 9.90
Playfields
The Super Fasteners
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside