(Topic ID: 168690)

My Skills as a Mechanical Draftsman are evolving..

By bdPinball

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by desertT1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
    #1 7 years ago

But I sold this nice lady who uses both flipper buttons a machine where the "fumble fingered" previous owner broke the little credit wires. See my picture explaining the situation to this lady. I showed her twice how to do it...

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2 7 years ago

Don't you have free play enabled?

#3 7 years ago

or just fix the wire.

#4 7 years ago

That's a good drawing. I could make it out fine. Made sense to me. Everyone can't draw.

#5 7 years ago

This is a Bally spy Hunter, and I don't find free play setting.

In the meantime the woman called back for a fourth time and told me that the left flippers do not work the bottom or the top one. Parent Lee there is a relay on the CPU board that enables and disables the flippers and apparently sometimes half of this relay goes bad and only do one side or the other will work or most of the time I guess the relay goes out all the way in either of them Don't work.

It occurs to me could I just break this relay open and short the switches since it's a home use only now it doesn't matter that the flippers would work if somebody hasn't paid their quarter I know that's a Kluge way to do it but until I find this relay ...

#7 7 years ago

Spyhunter is not a 6803 game but as-2518-35 , so freeplay is not optional with the original eprom.
    You could set the replay value at 50,000 so a replay is awarded every game to maintain credits.
    Or connect the two wires from the coinswitch to a push button mounted on the bottom or front of the cabinet so games can be added that way.

#9 7 years ago

Don't jumper the relay. Check for cracked solder joints first. That's been the issue every time for me so far.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-skills-as-a-mechanical-draftsman-are-evolving and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.