IMG_5991a.jpg
IMG_5996a.jpg
IMG_5980a.jpg
IMG_5990a.jpg
IMG_5992a.jpg
IMG_5973a.jpg
IMG_5987a.jpg
IMG_5993a.jpg

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I'm glad you called in the expert... cardboard does not fully block out UV rays. In the box if it was by a window with direct sunlight it could have faded some. Anyway, in this condition as is I would say its an easy $8000-$9000. I will be signing autographs at the Ohio Show and Allentown. $25.00 each... reserve your spot!

"Expert" of what? I'll bite my tongue on that one... If you read above the OP mentioned that the storage it was in had florescent lighting right above the game, for about 10 years. Hey Tony did you know florescent lighting produces UV? So yeah so much for your "power of the sun in the palm of your hand" shining down on said box theory.

To David the OP, there are still screened head decals around for purchase, that you can usually buy by themselves. I replaced them on my TZ and left the main cabinet alone. As far as devaluing the machine when swapping out original screened artwork for decals, I feel this isn't as detrimental when only done on the head.

#52 11 years ago

Hi Turbo any sources for these decals?

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

"Expert" of what? I'll bite my tongue on that one... If you read above the OP mentioned that the storage it was in had florescent lighting right above the game, for about 10 years. Hey Tony did you know florescent lighting produces UV? So yeah so much for your "power of the sun in the palm of your hand" shining down on said box theory.

Yes, correct. That's exactly what I said... if you need answers to anything else just call my hotline.

1-800-teekee-knows-all

See you at the show, first autograph is on me!

#55 11 years ago

Great looking game ! Congratulations.

LTG : )

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yes, correct. That's exactly what I said... if you need answers to anything else just call my hotline.
1-800-teekee-knows-all
See you at the show, first autograph is on me!

Another useless post from teekee, how odd.

David I sent you a PM about the head decals.

#57 11 years ago

LTG I was just thinking that I escaped your postage hijack I should have known better

Thanks for the links and thanks to all of you that have contributed to this thread....

#58 11 years ago

Lovely example you have there.

Did Bally use white rubber at the factory for any of their titles? You might check to make sure it isn't starting to rot. It can create quite a mess if it is, and of course it's super-easy to avoid.

Congrats

#59 11 years ago

I think the game looks great and I am willing to pay $9,000 for it right now so I guess it is worth at least 9,000.00.

#60 11 years ago

Looks like a very good condition TZ (especially for the UK). I wouldnt have thought the flipper rubbers would have that much wear on them for 300 plays? As others have said, boards have been changed, but i do that myself as i hate constantly pulling out driver boards so no biggy.

#61 11 years ago

The DMD is a VISHAY.

For a game that has not had the playfield glass taken of the back glass sure has!

New DMD driver board, New CPU board and DMD, surely all these would have lasted 300 games!

Nice condition, but less with less than 300 plays is unlikely, the audits probably have been reset.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

The DMD is a VISHAY.
For a game that has not had the playfield glass taken of the back glass sure has!
New DMD driver board, New CPU board and DMD, surely all these would have lasted 300 games!
Nice condition, but less with less than 300 plays is unlikely, the audits probably have been reset.

Also, if the ROMS have been updated, it will clear previous audits.

#63 11 years ago

Thanks for the added information always appreciated...

#64 11 years ago

Awesome find!-I am drooling on my desk. TZ is tops in my book. Reminds me of a Star Trek The Next Generation NIB here in states I saw listed-only kicker was asking $15,000. Congrats-Huge Score!

#65 11 years ago

why aren't you playing it?

or did you simply buy it to flip it?

#66 11 years ago

I have played 40+ games on it so far. Plays fantastic really nice to get a pinball machine I just don't have to do any work on

No not to flip to keep and play and eventually sell to buy a couple of nice new titles for my collection.

I haven't sold any machines as of yet they are all my babies

Regards Dave

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

The DMD is a VISHAY.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but a replaced CPU board is quite common on HUO games - even more often than on routed games. Why? Many a homeowner doesn't know he/she needs to change the batteries -- the operator does! We all know that old alkaline batteries = corrosion damage.

Now if we call agree on how often CPU boards are lost and why, then it wouldn't be a far stretch to understand that when CPU board gets corroded, a short could happen. Now all you need is for that same someone to plug in and turn on the machine after extended storage and multiple boards could get taken out on power-up!

Like others have said, there are a number of indicators that are telltale signs of a HUO game, so don't worry about the non-matching boards.

-Brian

#68 11 years ago

Very, very, nice TZ! Thanks for posting pics, and congrats! She's a beauty.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep
Led
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lebanon, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 22.50
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-showoff-tz-nib-300-plays/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.