IMG_5991a.jpg
IMG_5996a.jpg
IMG_5980a.jpg
IMG_5990a.jpg
IMG_5992a.jpg
IMG_5973a.jpg
IMG_5987a.jpg
IMG_5993a.jpg
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

At last I get something to show off on here. Never had anything so good.

This machine was bought in 2003 NIB from the states. It was opened up and left for a further 10 years in a 15c constant temperature. I went to see this pin and it has never been cleaned. The pictures is how I bought it no clean for 10 years. Goody bags are unopened and complete as well as the manuals.

The circuit boards are shiny green and even the nuts bolts and transistor grounds are shiny.

Any feedback or suggestion are welcome. I have a proof of purchase and history included.

Anyone would like to speculate what it's worth?

Please remember these pictures are of a machine that has been unused and standing for 10 years without a clean. I have never taken the glass off of it but have put 20+ plays on it.

#2 11 years ago

More pics

IMG_5974a.jpgIMG_5974a.jpg IMG_5975a.jpgIMG_5975a.jpg IMG_5981a.jpgIMG_5981a.jpg IMG_5978a.jpgIMG_5978a.jpg IMG_6000a.jpgIMG_6000a.jpg IMG_5982a.jpgIMG_5982a.jpg

#3 11 years ago

Very nice!! Congrats! I love TZ!!

Marcus

#4 11 years ago

More pics sorry first lot messed up...

IMG_5998a.jpgIMG_5998a.jpg IMG_5986a.jpgIMG_5986a.jpg IMG_5969a.jpgIMG_5969a.jpg IMG_5970a.jpgIMG_5970a.jpg IMG_5972a.jpgIMG_5972a.jpg IMG_5985a.jpgIMG_5985a.jpg

#5 11 years ago

Congrats looks nice. Value is intrinsic. I hate that game so it worthless to me but I bet you its worth a small fortune to someone else ; )

#6 11 years ago

More..

IMG_5999a.jpgIMG_5999a.jpg // Error: Image 75833 not found // // Error: Image 75834 not found //

#7 11 years ago

IMG_5995a.jpgIMG_5995a.jpg IMG_5993a.jpgIMG_5993a.jpg

#8 11 years ago

IMG_5987a.jpgIMG_5987a.jpg IMG_5973a.jpgIMG_5973a.jpg

#9 11 years ago

IMG_5992a.jpgIMG_5992a.jpg IMG_5990a.jpgIMG_5990a.jpg

#10 11 years ago

IMG_5980a.jpgIMG_5980a.jpg IMG_5996a.jpgIMG_5996a.jpg

#11 11 years ago

Wow! Nice find. Was it in the UK?

#12 11 years ago

IMG_5991a.jpgIMG_5991a.jpg IMG_5984a.jpgIMG_5984a.jpg

#13 11 years ago

IMG_5983a.jpgIMG_5983a.jpg IMG_5979a.jpgIMG_5979a.jpg

#14 11 years ago

IMG_5997a.jpgIMG_5997a.jpg IMG_5977a.jpgIMG_5977a.jpg

#15 11 years ago

IMG_5994a.jpgIMG_5994a.jpg IMG_5976a.jpgIMG_5976a.jpg

#16 11 years ago

IMG_5975a.jpgIMG_5975a.jpg

#17 11 years ago

Well, now that's quite a treasure. I've seen a few HUO TZs, and they're always something to behold. It's still my favorite overall art/sound package in pinball, and the really clean ones are a great reminder of why I feel that way.

#18 11 years ago

Very nice! Where did you find it?

#19 11 years ago

Hi yes it was found in the UK and it looks 10 x better in real life. I am really chuffed and also afraid to play it. Plays just like a new machine out of the box well I presume so I have never had a new machine before

Rather than just show off I am also interested in comments, valuation and any tests or further pictures people may want to check out authenticity.

There is a picture of the glass top left corner it has the made in USA sticker still on it

Regards David

#20 11 years ago

Wow, you don't see that every day. Congrats.

#21 11 years ago

I am guessing $9-$10K...

#22 11 years ago

I would scrounge up 5500 or so for one in that condition. Looks nice. Don't be afraid to play it.

#23 11 years ago

That is NUTS! It still amazes me that there are games this old that look like this. Congrats!

#24 11 years ago

Main cabinet looks great, but I wonder how that head got faded.

#25 11 years ago

Well spotted. Its not that bad but noted. I guess you can't have everything..

#26 11 years ago

Was it somehow exposed? Or did it get like that while in a box?

#27 11 years ago

It was taken out of the box somewhere early 2004 in a air conditioned warehouse underground at a constant 15c. I have been there and I remember fluorescent tube lighting just above the machine. Would 10 years of that light fade the top?

Could be the answer?

Dave

#28 11 years ago

Well, how much did you get this for? We are all thinking it but....

#29 11 years ago

Well something I forgot to add. The machine is untouched. Its original. Glass has never come off as far as I know. No mods added ( be hard to install mods with glass on)

I guess being as it came out the box is what some collectors want.

NIB +304 plays

#30 11 years ago

the picture with the three pop bumpers did you notice the 2 plastic caps? Is that where you can put a wire guide in to stop the drains?

This could be a clue to what revision it was... Just a thought...

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from alchy999:

Would 10 years of that light fade the top?
Could be the answer?
Dave

Bingo. Yes fluorescent bulbs can certainly fade things over time...

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from alchy999:

It was taken out of the box somewhere early 2004 in a air conditioned warehouse underground at a constant 15c. I have been there and I remember fluorescent tube lighting just above the machine. Would 10 years of that light fade the top?
Could be the answer?
Dave

That may have what did it. Especially if that light was always on. Flourecent light emits UV.

#33 11 years ago

Congrats im loving my tz just picked up a home use olny last week !!!

#34 11 years ago

The DMD driver board is not original:

http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/forum/?bb_attachments=676018&bbat=75827&inline

That's a PinLED replacement part:
http://www.pinled.de/shop/product_info.php?cPath=1_11&products_id=27

What's the story with this game then? How come you left it for 10 years? You have strong will power

Post edited by woz : Added PinLED Link

#35 11 years ago

Someone got screwed. Nice game, but after market CPU board, aftermarket DMD driver board, BAD cabinet fade on the head and other places. Just a restore - if it was sold as untouched original with glass never off their nose if growing very long.

Someone is telling a tall tale here.....

D

#36 11 years ago

yes, i noticed the dmd board and cpu board did not look right....teekee should be here very soon to clear this whole thing up...

#37 11 years ago

I no longer stand by my $9-$10K comments...

#38 11 years ago

Turn for the worse...

#39 11 years ago

Even with the reproduction CPU and DMD driver boards and cabinet fade the game could still be low play HUO.

As has been presented here countless times, condition is king. The shooter lane looks like HUO but TZ is not tough on wear here.

To validate the HUO claim I'd look for signs of the game having been routed. The coin insert is the first place to start. Clean with no dirt internally to it would support a HUO claim. I'd also possibly disassemble a flipper and see what wear shows on the plunger and stop along with how much dirt is in the area. These would be good indicators.

Mike O.

#40 11 years ago

I appreciate all the comments you have its exactly what I was expecting. This why I put it up to see if anything would be picked up...

#41 11 years ago

I have just checked the coin inserts they are fine. I will have a better inspection in daylight tomorrow.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from twinturb089:

teekee should be here very soon to clear this whole thing up...

Whatever you do, don't say his name two more times!!!

Seriously though, it's still a super nice TZ. You can replace those backbox decals very easily and buy the right boards for it, no problem. Then, it'd be 100% correct and done, making it worth a very pretty penny, or whatever the British idiom equivalent is(a proper pound?). Truth is, most of us TZ owners(and future owners) would LOVE to have ours in this condition!

If it were fixed with those things I mentioned and even had the typical B/W coin door, here in the colonies, I'd say it'd be around a $7k machine, easy.

Out of curiosity, what are those parts in that bag with the white spacer kind of tool? Are they used to gap things like EOS's?

#43 11 years ago

Maybe the boards just got killed by batteries and were replaced?

#44 11 years ago

In the bag is a flipper spacer tool and eos parts. Other bags are spare bulbs and plastics.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from twinturb089:

yes, i noticed the dmd board and cpu board did not look right....teekee should be here very soon to clear this whole thing up...

I'm glad you called in the expert... cardboard does not fully block out UV rays. In the box if it was by a window with direct sunlight it could have faded some. Anyway, in this condition as is I would say its an easy $8000-$9000. I will be signing autographs at the Ohio Show and Allentown. $25.00 each... reserve your spot!

#46 11 years ago

The condition of the game does look stunning, the boards may have been replaced, but i would still love to have it for my collection.

Quoted from teekee:I'm glad you called in the expert... cardboard does not fully block out UV rays. In the box if it was by a window with direct sunlight it could have faded some. Anyway, in this condition as is I would say its an easy $8000-$9000. I will be signing autographs at the Ohio Show and Allentown. $25.00 each... reserve your spot!

ps. i will bring my mr pinball.... i mean 2013 MR TEEKEE-torch price guide to the allentown show for the signing. thank you for the offer, How do i find outh thou king teekee? do i just look for a enormous head that wont fit through a normal mans doorway?, follow the papa-rotzzi? , look for the crowd of super models hanging to a single man? or look for the guy that the worlds most intresting man is bowing down too? lmao j/k. see ya at the show

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from twinturb089:

ps. i will bring my mr pinball.... i mean 2013 MR TEEKEE-torch price guide to the allentown show for the signing. thank you for the offer, How do i find outh thou king teekee? do i just look for a enormous head that wont fit through a normal mans doorway?, follow the papa-rotzzi? , look for the crowd of super models hanging to a single man? or look for the guy that the worlds most intresting man is bowing down too? lmao j/k. see ya at the show

Look for all of that and more... there will be more much more! See you there!

#48 11 years ago

Hi and ha ha Teekee great sense of humour

Well I paid less than you quoted so made my day thank you.

There is no re-import duty sending back to the states btw

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from alchy999:

Hi and ha ha Teekee great sense of humour
Well I paid less than you quoted so made my day thank you.
There is no re-import duty sending back to the states btw

We pinheads have it made here in the US for sure. I can't imagine having to pay for shipping and in some cases another 21%...

Not sure what you got that TZ for but it sounds like you got yourself a nice deal!

#50 11 years ago

Just checked the coil stops on the flippers and nothing to show any wear at all. All squeaky clean.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9.95
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-showoff-tz-nib-300-plays and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.