1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by FelixTCat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20180613_101139 (resized).JPG

#1 1 year ago

I recently picked up a project Bally Speakeasy and have been cleaning it up / LED conversion etc. I kept thinking that I was getting shocked by the lockdown bar brace when the game was plugged in but not really bad. Note I typically don't wear shoes in the basement and the work area is not carpeted. I didn't feel anything when the lockdown bar was installed and playing the game.
    Today I dug out the volt meter and measured from the right side rail to the brace (with glass and lockbar off)...... hmm 12.9vac..... I took apart the replacement plug that had been installed at some point in this games life to find this..... there are 3 wires in the cord for a reason people....after fixing the cord and testing again the stray voltage is gone. I plan on checking the in cabinet ground wire connections later to make sure they are all solid as well.

IMG_20180613_101139 (resized).JPG
    #2 1 year ago

I always replace the cord on games with an added plug like this. Too much goofiness can happen with it, such as being wired incorrectly, terminal screws loosening over time, and potential tampering (well-intentioned or not).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-line-cords-plugs-wall-sockets-vids-guide

#3 1 year ago

Yep, doesn't make since why someone would use the correct plug and not connect the ground.
    Most games I've purchased have the ground tab broken off, so I just always replace the plugs.

#4 1 year ago

Yikes.... imagine blindly reaching for the plug behind the game and you grip across the exposed terminals.

My go to is usually just an 15ft extension cord and you whack the female side off and attach that inside the cabinet.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

Yikes.... imagine blindly reaching for the plug behind the game and you grip across the exposed terminals.

Oh it had the cover on it hence why I "assumed" it had been installed correctly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 159.00
    $ 89.99
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    € 3.70
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 209.99
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside