(52 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 2 years ago

Help me to decide my next Pinball

#2 2 years ago

How much do you have to spend?

#3 2 years ago

8k approx

#4 2 years ago

Tough choice. If you are going to buy new, I would buy Metallica PremiumLE while you still can. It is a fantastic game and will definitely hold its value. Metallica has a longer ball time than GB so they go good together. We have both. SWLE is still an unknown and will be available for the next few years so there is plenty of time to decide... unless you have been bitten by the "LE" bug. Spider man VE has been around for a while so should be available for a little while yet.

Tough choice great options. Correct answer is to play them all first and see which one you like best. Great hobby. There is never a wrong decision in pinball!

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Tough choice. If you are going to buy new, I would buy Metallica PremiumLE while you still can. It is a fantastic game and will definitely hold its value. Metallica has a longer ball time than GB so they go good together. We have both. SWLE is still an unknown and will be available for the next few years so there is plenty of time to decide... unless you have been bitten by the "LE" bug. Spider man VE has been around for a while so should be available for a little while yet.
Tough choice great options. Correct answer is to play them all first and see which one you like best. Great hobby. There is never a wrong decision in pinball!

I'm 60% Metallica
30% sw
And 10% spiderman

The only thing I dislike from Metallica is: when you lost the ball, song stops and I hate that hahaha

#6 2 years ago

This is easy if you do in fact like Metallica. One of the most fun pins, ever. If I liked the band, I'd buy one tomorrow.

#7 2 years ago

What do you own right now? I think that's something that has to factor into your decision, because you have 2 Ritchie pins on your list already and if you own Star Trek or something similar then I'd say go for MET just for variety.

If you don't already have a Ritchie pin (or something similar) then I'd say go for SWLE, simply because the window is closing if it hasn't already. SMv is great, but pinball addicted is right, it will probably be available for awhile. MET is awesome as well, particularly if you are a fan of the band, but it doesn't seem like there's any shortage of them out there among distributors or the secondary market.

Whatever you decide, you can't go wrong with any of those title. Good luck.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

What do you own right now? I think that's something that has to factor into your decision, because you have 2 Ritchie pins on your list already and if you own Star Trek or something similar then I'd say go for MET just for variety.
If you don't already have a Ritchie pin (or something similar) then I'd say go for SWLE, simply because the window is closing if it hasn't already. SMv is great, but pinball addicted is right, it will probably be available for awhile. MET is awesome as well, particularly if you are a fan of the band, but it doesn't seem like there's any shortage of them out there among distributors or the secondary market.
Whatever you decide, you can't go wrong with any of those title. Good luck.

Thx friend, i own a ghostbusters premium

#9 2 years ago

My advice is get out while you can, this is a sickness. Get a met pro, put some mods on it and save some money.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

My advice is get out while you can, this is a sickness. Get a met pro, put some mods on it and save some money.

Or put no mods on it and save even more money.

#11 2 years ago

Buy something NOT nib. A game that stays forever is rare. Arcades cycled games quite often back in the day, for a reason, remember?

#12 2 years ago

Sounds like an easy choice. Metallica all the way. It's a keeper. Now I would buy the pro and mod it up, save the $2000 and puts towards a third pin. Metallica premium is great, but the Metallica pro is known for being one of the best values, and best pros ever. You really won't miss the extras on the premium IMO.

#13 2 years ago

Get Metallica I own spiderman and Metallica and by a mile I enjoy Metallica much more than spiderman. Star wars I don't know if it is better as I have not played it so if you get Metallica and once you have played star wars and if you like it more sell Metallica and get star wars because there will be plenty of star wars available.

#14 2 years ago

Metallica is obviously a great great game and a keeper for life, but I would wait for SW to come out first before I made a decision. You will be able to see it being streamed within about one more week I believe. Also kinda depends on which theme that you like the most.

#15 2 years ago

Collector / Investment Star Wars
Fun Purchase 3 pins and save a thousand for a Tech to make them sweet players.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

That hammer and coffin lock on the premium are one of the coooolest toys in pinball! IMO.

#17 2 years ago

Get a system 11. Feeeel the difference!

#18 2 years ago

Unless you are a big MET fan - I'd pass on Metallica. I got bored with my premium and sold it.

Two classic games that you can buy at a good price and have the money left over to add a 3d translite are Medieval Madness Remake (or a nice original) - great machine - there is a reason why it was remade.

Not my favorite but still a very fun game is Attack from Mars remake. Finally - if you have not played it - I would highly recommend checking out Lexy Lightspeed escape from earth - easily the most technologically advanced machine built to date.

Finally my vote for the highest quality of build and second most technologically advanced games are any of the Jersey Jacks games. Beautiful machines, extremely well constructed, reputable company and innovative designs.

In the end - my #1 vote goes for a MMR with a 3d translight from PPS and a nice shaker motor. There's a reason why MM has been the #1 machine for so long!

Whatever you buy - get something you enjoy playing!

#19 2 years ago

Wish I had enough cash to ask other's how to spend so much money...

#20 2 years ago

I'd go with a Met pro and get basically the same game at a discount.

Or wait for Houdini

#21 2 years ago

Met Premium. The light show on the Premium is off the chain. It's worth the upgrade over the pro if you enjoy top quality light shows.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Met Premium. The light show on the Premium is off the chain. It's worth the upgrade over the pro if you enjoy top quality light shows.

Got my Met prem last month....it aint going anywhere any time soon

#23 2 years ago

Get 8 nice EMs and you'll stare at them and play them and you'll seriously be happy and living large!

#24 2 years ago

METELICA.....one of the best pins out there...

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

For 275-300 you can put the same light show on the pro....and it actually even does more than the premium/le lightshow.

#26 2 years ago

I had Met Premium for 3+ years. My first NIB. Loved it. Was time to go. Was great to discover everything in the game and it has great rules, layout and art. Eventually it did get old (everything does). Rules are a bit like chopping wood to see the actual CIU modes of the game. Seek and destroy is awesome.

I had an original Spider-Man and I kind of miss it. Best, smoothest shooting pin ever. Tons of fun. Long games though.

I'm a huge SW fan, but am going to wait to see how it plays, since only 1 pinsider has played it.

#27 2 years ago

MET pro might work for you. I looked super hard for a premium in 2015 and they had dried up. I had played the LE on location since launch and though I couldn't live without the lights and hammer. Picked up a pro thinking it was a temporary fix and liked it so much that when I found a premium didn't think it was worth it.

I had SM red and think MET is so much more fun. I am looking for a HUO Stern SW if anyone has one to sell due to lack of code.

#28 2 years ago

My 2 cents I prefer my SM over my Met.

I really think SM is fun and awesome. First time I played it at the expo wanted to get one. If my grandson and son in law didn't like met so much I would probably sell to make room for another title.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Get 8 nice EMs and you'll stare at them and play them and you'll seriously be happy and living large!

Hell ya presq!!!!!

#30 2 years ago

1) Dump the Ghostbusters

2) See this thread for suggestions for TWO new games:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-can-only-own-2-stern-pinball-machines

#31 2 years ago

Pick up a HUO Met Premium at a Great Discount, play the hell out of it!

If its a keeper, Great!

If not, this value will hold best and move it and on to the next.

#32 2 years ago

How about AS, TWD, or.GOT?

#33 2 years ago

With an $8000 budget, I'd rather get 2 or 3 of the 90's classics, rather than any NIB Stern. But maybe space is an issue for you.

#34 2 years ago

Yeah! thanks for your help!

#35 2 years ago

Actually, I take it back. Buy NIB and LE right away. Get that out of your system up front. Once you lose that much $$ after selling a few of them, you'll have a much better feeling for how this works

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside