(Topic ID: 187104)

My Road To Sturbridge..... Pintastic 2k17

By the96stang

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0128 (resized).JPG
    Will_Turner_and_Davy_Jones_Liars_Dice (resized).png
    IMG_0516 (resized).JPG
    #1 7 years ago

So, for those of you that don't know, Pintastic is just about 2 months away. Gabe is a great guy and brings some really really high end games out of his own collection for the show. Heck, the color DMDs in his games he brings are worth more than I have ever paid for one game. I strive every year to make the show as great as I can. I brought 7 games year one, and 13 games year two. I want to make this year special, And Id like to do that by bringing the era of games that are most special to me. System 11s!

My goal is ELEVEN system 11s. I was thinking I should make a t-shirt for this. I think it will be a blast to see 11 of them in a row. Anyone have any tshirt ideas? Anything other cool ideas?

#2 7 years ago

I'd like to see you haul all of Otaku's 30 pins up a flight of stairs in one day using only a hand truck.

Can we make that happen? Because I'll be all like

#3 7 years ago

IMG_0516 (resized).JPGIMG_0516 (resized).JPG

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'd like to see you haul all of Otaku's 30 pins up a flight of stairs in one day using only a hand truck.
    Can we make that happen? Because I'll be all like

I've never done 30 up a flight of stairs in one day with a hand truck. Record was 22 up one flight at the guys business and down the flight at my house (both half flight bulk heads)

#5 7 years ago

Don't make eye contact with him. Smile, turn and walk away slowly.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

So, for those of you that don't know, Pintastic is just about 2 months away. Gabe is a great guy and brings some really really high end games out of his own collection for the show. Heck, the color DMDs in his games he brings are worth more than I have ever paid for one game. I strive every year to make the show as great as I can. I brought 7 games year one, and 13 games year two. I want to make this year special, And Id like to do that by bringing the era of games that are most special to me. System 11s!
    My goal is ELEVEN system 11s. I was thinking I should make a t-shirt for this. I think it will be a blast to see 11 of them in a row. Anyone have any tshirt ideas? Anything other cool ideas?

Brian you have been one of the top contributors to the show and it's amazing. The biggest thing I learned is if you don't have a lot of great games for people to enjoy you won't have a great show. That's the bottom line. I think we have a great collector community here in New England and up and down the east coast.

im personally bringing 16 games to the show. Twelve of which have color DMD's.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

How about bringing eighty Gottlieb System 80's?
    Or better yet, two thousand Pinball 2000's?

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

How about bringing eighty Gottlieb System 80's?
    Or better yet, two thousand Pinball 2000's?

That would be great I will put you down for 80 Gottlieb system 80's. I think we may run out of room fast this year

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

That would be great I will put you down for 80 Gottlieb system 80's.

I better start buying them FAST!!

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

I better start buying them FAST!!

I wonder if that would be over $80,000 :O

#11 6 years ago

Brian is an animal. Always brings a ton of pins. Can't wait to go to the show this year.
    Had a great time listening to Steve R talk last year, Gabe and his crew just keep working on
    Making the show better and better. I will be bringing a few pins this year. Not sure what ones
    Yet.

J

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

I'd pay $20 for a shirt and an entry into the 11 11's mini tournament.

#13 6 years ago

I have 11 11's

Will_Turner_and_Davy_Jones_Liars_Dice (resized).pngWill_Turner_and_Davy_Jones_Liars_Dice (resized).png

#14 6 years ago

I'm all for an 11 11's tournament and tees! I don't think I'll be able to bring 8 games this year like I did last year, but I'll try my best to at least pack a pickup!

Ed

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from ejacques:

I'm all for an 11 11's tournament and tees! I don't think I'll be able to bring 8 games this year like I did last year, but I'll try my best to at least pack a pickup!
    Ed

Ed only takes 5 games to get the special embroidered hat and $50 Oxford Tavern gift card, I lowered it.

Looks like Brian will get a $100 gift card. He will be eating well. He earned it.

#16 6 years ago

Heck, I live close enough where I can make two trips Now to figure out which games!

Quoted from dannunz:

Ed only takes 5 games to get the special embroidered hat and $50 Oxford Tavern gift card, I lowered it.
    Looks like Brian will get a $100 gift card. He will be eating well. He earned it.

#17 6 years ago

Brian, in case anyone forgets to do this during the show, thanks a ton for putting in so much effort to make the show a success.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Brian, in case anyone forgets to do this during the show, thanks a ton for putting in so much effort to make the show a success.

I'll thank him in person if I get to meet him. I'd like to see what he looks like...something tells me he can squash my head like a grape between two fingers.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'll thank him in person if I get to meet him. I'd like to see what he looks like...something tells me he can squash my head like a grape between two fingers.

Brian is the big dude in the middle of the photo.

IMG_0128 (resized).JPGIMG_0128 (resized).JPG

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I saw you somewhere walking by the pool last year. You were loud and making a scene for some reason. Someone called you boob, and I'm like yup that's the guy. So I have the upper hand lol.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Brian is the big dude in the middle of the photo.

Yep...I was right. I'd get my ass kicked.

Quoted from the96stang:

I saw you somewhere walking by the pool last year. You were loud and making a scene for some reason. Someone called you boob, and I'm like yup that's the guy. So I have the upper hand lol.

I'm actually not loud at all unless somebody was busting my balls (and who doesn't?). Thanks for saying hello.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yep...I was right. I'd get my ass kicked.

I'm actually not loud at all unless somebody was busting my balls (and who doesn't?). Thanks for saying hello.

Not many short scrawny guys would bring as many to the show as I'm attempting! I look forward to meeting you.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

... I look forward to meeting you.

Prepare to be disappointed.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from the96stang:

Not many short scrawny guys would bring as many to the show as I'm attempting! I look forward to meeting you.

Not only did Brian bring a bunch of games and set them all up. He helped set up 30 more lol.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Not only did Brian bring a bunch of games and set them all up. He helped set up 30 more lol.

Brian is a complete animal when it comes to the break down, moving and setting up of games. If you ever seen some of his raids I don't know how he survived doing so much in a day.

#26 6 years ago

I think 30 is light Gabe lol. That Thursday I am always dead by 9 but it is so worth it.

#27 6 years ago

I picked up a pin from Brian once and he looked insulted that I was going to help him break it down and bring it upstairs?! His response was "I got this, you just need to pull your car up." I had a great time with everyone last year at Pintastic. I'm trying to move my family vacation so I can get up there this year. Hope to run into Brian Ed Jay Francesco and Rob and spend some time with the guys from the sanctum.

3 weeks later
    #28 6 years ago

Right now I am at 10 system 11s. I have a few irons in the fire right now but it's looking like 15 games isn't out of the question!

#29 6 years ago

Brian is a great guy... I am working on #11 for him..

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-road-to-sturbridge-pintastic-2k17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.