Topic Stats

• 522 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Goronic
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

45206812bf5545862f99259d18032f51938e6d5d_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
punk_(resized).jpg
20160601_220911_(resized).jpg
hobbit_modes_(resized).JPG
beek_(resized).jpg
IMG_2441_(2)_(resized).jpg
hobbitFix_(2)_(resized).jpg
image2_(resized).JPG
image1-2_(resized).JPG
Screenshot_2016-05-25-13-13-50~01_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
TheDude_(resized).png
IMG_5115_zps7c333078_(resized).jpg
12729326_1128138983871363_2590656031592511560_n_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg

There are 522 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
#501 3 years ago

It does give your hands a major workout!
I need someone good to be playing so I can watch what is going on. Barely have time to look up at either screen when playing. Which leads to....maybe there should be less 4-5 ball mb's and take the chaos down a notch. It sure is a fun game, but after one good game, I'm ready to give my fingers a rest. Mr Keith, sometimes less is more

#502 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I finally got some real time on a Hobbit to see where the state of the code was. And my impression was "WOW". If this is the ultimate test for KEF, he is passing it with flying colors. This game is huge. I have to admit, the first time I saw "Bash the spider" mode, I was a little disappointed. Were all 31 modes going to be so simple? But they were not. There is a huge variety in the modes, And you really need to pay attention to the shots you are making to progress in them. It felt like there was a ton of strategy going on all the time, combining modes with multiballs, and progressing "Into the fire".
It definitely took a couple of games to get into the flow of things. It feels slower at first, but the game gets a bit crazy as you get deeper. "Into the fire" had a couple of bugs. For instance, starting it was not obvious on the playfield. I had it flashing, but there was no indication how to start it anywhere written or flashing (the holes on both sides start it). Playing it was a blast though. Shots were indicated well with the blue, but it was really hard to try and see the counts I had left because it all felt so frenetic. I ended up needing a friend to read what I had left because all my attention was used in trying to shoot.
When I finished playing, I was sweating, my hands were sore, and I had put up a monster score. It did end up being a pretty long playing game, but very rewarding. I really started looking for scoring opportunities while playing. As I found the more rewarding shots I'd hammer them until that scoring was done. The only thing I didn't like on the playfield was the placement of the ELF and MAN drop targets. Those were really tough to hit, and I'm not sure it is possible to hit the E in ELF under any direct shot circumstances.
Keefer is knocking this one out of the park. I can't wait to visit the next versions of the software.
(Disclamer: I have been known as a JJP honk in the past. You can take that for what it is worth. I like Pinball, and I had an absolute blast playing this game, even though I am not a fan of the theme. I thought the entire thing was well implemented and I had genuine fun the entire time playing it. If you think I am swayed because I like having more than one company making pinball machines, fine, discount this whole opinion. But it is a damn fun game.)

If these were your thoughts after playing V1.21, you are in for a real treat when you play V1.30 or whatever is released next. The "E" shot is very difficult, but doable on my machine. I'm sure it depends on machine set up. I know some people who can backhand the holes, which I cannot do on my machine.

#503 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballer0415:

If these were your thoughts after playing V1.21, you are in for a real treat when you play V1.30 or whatever is released next. The "E" shot is very difficult, but doable on my machine. I'm sure it depends on machine set up. I know some people who can backhand the holes, which I cannot do on my machine.

Hey man use the third flipper

#504 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Hey man use the third flipper

For the "E" shot? Its doable but very risky since the left outaine is very close. Nothing is worse than sending an upper flipper shot straight to the left outlane without the kickback on.

#505 3 years ago

For the "E" shot? Its doable but very risky since the left outaine is very close. Nothing is worse than sending an upper flipper shot straight to the left outlane without the kickback on.

Just kidding ... The E and N shots are both hard for me to hit.

#506 3 years ago

Well one hour and 7 minutes later, I played 29 of the 31 modes in the game. It is hard to relight some of them as you progress in the game. I'm still very unsure how the modes reset after playing them. Still can't beat Barrel Escape and couldn't kill SMAUG in the 6 multiballs that I had. I'd like to see progress saved for the Arkenstone modes (Into the Fire and Barrel Escape).

If the final wizard mode is completing all 31 modes, then good luck lol. Starting all 31 modes is a astronomical feat in itself. This wizard mode will be the ultimate test for us players!

#507 3 years ago

All I know is "The Bait" is by far the hardest level for me so far.

#508 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

All I know is "The Bait" is by far the hardest level for me so far.

I agree there, definitely top 5 hardest to complete. Riddles in the Dark is another one that comes to mind that is very hard. I forget some of the others.

#509 3 years ago

Well one hour and 7 minutes later, I played 29 of the 31 modes in the

Over an hour to play one game! That's insane.

#510 3 years ago

I love Riddles in the Dark but hear "Time's Up" way too quickly lol

#511 3 years ago

How does the extra time work?
10 seconds the first time you hit the ramp, and then 2 seconds the following times?
Are their checkpoints where it goes back up to 10 seconds?

#512 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

How does the extra time work?
10 seconds the first time you hit the ramp, and then 2 seconds the following times?
Are their checkpoints where it goes back up to 10 seconds?

I think you get 5 extra seconds (capped at 30 total seconds I think - but can be configured in settings) if you hit the left ramp when time is lit.

#513 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think you get 5 extra seconds (capped at 30 total seconds I think - but can be configured in settings) if you hit the left ramp when time is lit.

I've seen my timer up to 58 seconds before, but have no clue how it got that high. Factory settings. Typically it doesn't get much higher than 40 seconds.

#514 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Over an hour to play one game! That's insane.

The extra balls can coming rolling in after a while. But with how deep the code is, they are needed. That game I probably earned 5 or 6 extra balls.

#515 3 years ago

The extra balls can coming rolling in after a while. But with how deep the code is, they are needed. That game I probably earned 5 or 6 extra balls.

They need to add a "save game" feature which will allow you to turn off the game and come back another time to finish it.

#516 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

They need to add a "save game" feature which will allow you to turn off the game and come back another time to finish it.

Check point saving...

#517 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Quoted from Goronic:

Check point saving...

I'd agree with that if you only got to resume from the most recent saved game once. It is part of the challenge to keep getting back to those milestone points. The JJP games are long for good players and sometimes you need to pause for life events, like eating, sleeping, etc.. If we can't pause a game, then I would tend to play a different game if I only had 15-20 minutes to kill. That's ok too.

On the other hand ... once you get "zoned out" and focused in on the game, you may tend to forget about everything else - that is sometimes good for you too.

#518 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I'd agree with that if you only got to resume from the most recent saved game once. It is part of the challenge to keep getting back to those milestone points. The JJP games are long for good players and sometimes you need to pause for life events, like eating, sleeping, etc.. If we can't pause a game, then I would tend to play a different game if I only had 15-20 minutes to kill. That's ok too.
On the other hand ... once you get "zoned out" and focused in on the game, you may tend to forget about everything else - that is sometimes good for you too.

I was just joking, the game is great and getting better

#519 3 years ago

Loving this game but is easier playing 2 player just so your buddy can tell you what the heck is going on and what to shoot for! This will take months to know instinctively what to shoot for in each mode without trying to look up. I've drained many balls even trying to glance at the book lcd during a multiball.

#520 3 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Loving this game but is easier playing 2 player just so your buddy can tell you what the heck is going on and what to shoot for! This will take months to know instinctively what to shoot for in each mode without trying to look up. I've drained many balls even trying to glance at the book lcd during a multiball.

All my best scores have come with my son telling me what to shoot for because i can't look up at the book or screen or I'll lose a ball or three lol

#521 3 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Quoted from cscmtp:

All my best scores have come with my son telling me what to shoot for because i can't look up at the book or screen or I'll lose a ball or three lol

What you have to do w/ the Hobbit is trap the ball. If you do this a lot, things will come a lot easier to you. I have to do this and it works just fine..

#522 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

What you have to do w/ the Hobbit is trap the ball. If you do this a lot, things will come a lot easier to you. I have to do this and it works just fine..

True, but the timed modes are harsh - and you better look really quick cause the time is ticking

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Fairport , NY
6,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Fe, NM
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 522 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside