richard-simmons-nude-clothes_(resized).jpg
61lDc_(resized).png
14903542825_9637ba4a90_(resized).jpg
13103489_10207752526324108_1762000727408572288_n_(resized).jpg
download_(resized).jpg
cone_(resized).jpg
mullet-wig2_(resized).jpg
ace-ventura-pet-detective-dolphin-kid-signing-pimples-jim-carrey_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tpir.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'll say it again slowly: Ghostbusters. Isn't. Star Wars. It's not even a very good film to begin with.
So no...I'll stick with my theory, thanks!
(To support my point, I submit this: Star Wars #3, Ghostbusters #67: http://www.statisticbrain.com/top-100-movie-franchises-by-revenue/ )
I appreciate that some people have a warm spot in their heart for this movie, but that doesn't make it universally loved or iconic.

You clearly didn't like the movie, cool, but your points and argument are pretty terrible.

1. Ask any marketing person in America and they would tell you GB is iconic. Look at all of the merchandise that still exists in the form of new movies, Legos, tshirts, comics, action figures, toys, video games, board games, pinball machines, Hi-C flavors, etc.

2. The link provided is not adjusted for inflation. Not really fair to compare 2 movies to 12 James Bond movies either. Let's try this instead:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

Highest grossing Columbia picture ever when adjusted! More than all the Spider-mans.

3. You and your students having not liked it/heard of it does slightly discount the "universal" love, so what? There are still a ton of people who do love it as evidenced by the demand 30 years later for something as silly as a pinball machine. Like the OP said, if you don't like the theme that is great, but you can't discount the popularity. You can try if you are just trying to win an internet argument because you think it is hurting nerds feelings or something I guess? Which brings us to...

Quoted from o-din:

Just the opposite. We both find it a complete joke. And then I explain how those buying them want reminders of their youth. Shall I rent out the VHS tape so you can see where they are coming from? And she says "No thanks!"

4. LOL @ people "reliving their childhood" by liking a pinball table that (to them) has a cool theme that happens to be old? What? What boring and stupid children you guys must be teaching and raising with complete lacks of imagination and humor. I can't even being to list all of the awesome movies and shows I would have missed if I discounted them for dated or weird or silly themes/special effects.

Also, finding something to be a "complete joke" and not even giving it a try is not the same as having a sense of humor. Talk about moving the goalposts. :rollseyes: Also GB exists on Bluray many times over. Cute VHS joke though, I get it, because that is old too, like the people who like GB, old.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 49.95
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tpir.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-review-ghostbusters?tu=tpir and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.