View topic image gallery

52159937290__FF09B994-4D88-41A6-8DEC-B00D5B216E44 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170712_165024097 (resized).jpg
IMG_6630 (resized).JPG
IMG_6629 (resized).JPG
IMG_8634 (resized).JPG
IMG_6487 (resized).JPG
hqdefault (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm trying to think of a theme that "aged poorly" and I don't really know what I'm looking for; maybe someone can list some?

Johnny Mnemonic... bad movie, old tech like modems and touch-tone multiball, bad impersonation of actors in the bad movie trying to act cool... Game shoots great and has nice music and rules, but the theme.. bleh.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#80 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What a reach, JM was pure 90's sci fi cheese greatness. "I've got to get this data out of my head" not too mention Dolph, because a film doesn't do well at the box office or maybe has some terrible acting which for JM is part of its allure, doesn't mean a pinball machine can't be made based on that, Congo, never saw the film but the pin is amazing,

JM is a special kind of cheese because the movie starts off pretty good, then drives off the cliff. Plus it's aged poorly with all the 90's tech references. Congo, DM and Shadow are kinda bleh movies but the pins don't suffer at all because the themes (jungle horror, future comedy and superhero) are a bit more timeless. Shadow is an awesome pin, probably the best of the bad movie bunch. JM is a great player, but wouldn't shed a tear if every single one got rethemed to the Matrix

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Overall, I think it is positively the best designed lawlor game of all time! Pats masterpiece which honestly makes me even more excited for his next game as we all know TZ is what cam after and because of TAF

DI is pretty cool but I don't think Pat will ever top Funhouse. That game is pure genius.

Quoted from Whysnow:

that is not true at all. I like some of the good Stern games (TWD in partciular is a great game)

Stern just makes so much cheap crap form cost cutting and their pack of code support is maddening. Every new release from them brings about new surprises in a bad way. Granted they have been better on the support side (replacing playfields with ghosting and now cabinents with splitting), but I woudl prefer to not have those issues to begin with.

You need to separate the GAMES from the COMPANY. Even if you think Stern is churning out firewood now, that doesn't make early and current titles PLAY worse. Metallica and TWD are some of the best coded games in history, and they've both held up very well in the field. My MetLE has thousands of plays and all I've done is change the magnet core. You should rate a game based on gameplay, looks, sound, etc... then add on a big asterisk: "assuming you get a good example, beware these issues: etc etc " Not all machines Stern makes have playfield and cabinet issues, although the ratio has gotten worse lately. It's silly to rate Metallica poorly because Ghostbusters has playfield issues or whatever...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
5,815 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-review-dialed-in?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.