View topic image gallery

52159937290__FF09B994-4D88-41A6-8DEC-B00D5B216E44 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170712_165024097 (resized).jpg
IMG_6630 (resized).JPG
IMG_6629 (resized).JPG
IMG_8634 (resized).JPG
IMG_6487 (resized).JPG
hqdefault (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

Thanks Russell. I too feel like game reviews aboot how the game plays completely overrated.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I don't think the theme will age poorly. That rarely seems to be the case with pinball.

I'm trying to think of a theme that "aged poorly" and I don't really know what I'm looking for; maybe someone can list some?
My guess is that good games don't age. So whether it ends up as a good came is the question.

#17 6 years ago

Take a game like that. Has it aged poorly or is it just not a very good machine?
This might be off topic since DI is unlicensed, but nothing has "aged worse" than the movie Congo ...many 90s bad movies/good pins aren't even "aged out."
People still buy and like Flintstones for some reason.
EDIT: I left out themes that are specifically time period based like W?D & Creech

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm game for original themes, and you have to applaud JJP for going for it, but this one just isn't that exciting to me.

Whether the movie or show was crappy or not at least we all know and probably saw Congo, the Flintstones, Demolition Man, etc. and can somewhat relate to it

I can see that & understand. It's funny because I was kind of over this look when RS came out of the box. At the time I was thinking "of Funhouse had a head now there's 2 heads... " But it's been long enough I'm kind of into that schtik right now.

Short version is those movies are horrible and we are familiar with them. PL games are relatable to us and usually in a good way so I don't see why that isn't enough. But again, I haven't crowned this things ass either

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The Hobbit is and always will be a timeless theme. The pin is based off ...

Jesus man give it a rest...I;ve already orderd a DI I don;t need a fucking hard sell or a history lesson on geek life.

#32 6 years ago

Sure but whether it's a good enough theme to own shouldn't change whether you think it's a fun game, or if it will age poorly....whixh still no one has offered a poorly aged machine/theme.

No one can deny we are all just aging so poorly

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I think Dialed In is missing a menacing aspect...

Yeah that's the JJP issue right there...the whole "Family/non threatening" they're really holding on to.
I mean it's another disaster pin...no one got their dick pulled through their throat in Whirlwind but it was still good.
EDIT: But I'm always in for more blood and guts

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Johnny Mnemonic...

Yes I agree with that one but I don;lt know how many other people would. I knew hazoff would jump one that one

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm not sure what the benefit of completing modes is beyond getting more points - is there a super duper wizard mode for completing them, or does more complete modes simply mean a more lucrative armagaddon (the Lost in the Zone style wiz mode?) not sure.

Yeah you'd think there has to be or there's be no point to having the 3 colors for city areas? So the Wizard mode is for collecting all the sim cards...blinking or not? Obviously my first thought was it would work the same as RBION where there were 2. We shall see.

EDIT: Or are the disasters separate form the sim cards?

"Collected SIM Cards will multiply the points from s ubsequent completed modes! (Multiplier = collected SIM Cards + 1) They also will define the size of the jackpots in Armageddon (by the same multiplier amount.) "

"Wizard Modes Armageddon – Qualified by playing all 11 disaster modes
??? – Qualified by completing all 11 disaster modes
??? – Qualified by collecting 8 SIM Cards (i.e. spelling D-I-A-L-E-D-I-N) "

From
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-rulesheet#post-3839871

#76 6 years ago

TNA? I mean I know the standard meaning but here...?

#78 6 years ago

Ah total Nuke annihilation

2 weeks later
#139 6 years ago

And you've got your "wizard modes" vs "sub wizard modes" etc etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-review-dialed-in?tu=TheLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.