Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by n2kenai
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sP7130153.jpg
    sP7130142.jpg
    sP7130144.jpg
    sP7130128.jpg
    sP7130127.jpg
    sP7130124.jpg
    sP7130123.jpg
    sP7130147.jpg
    sP7130119.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider n2kenai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

This was my 3rd year at CA EX.

I had a great time with my buds who joined me.
    We were able to enjoy the show, but this year's show had it's share of problems.

There seemed to be a reduced amount of pinball this year.
    There was no VARKON! This alone devastated me. LOL!, but I lived.
    Lots of the titles listed on the website were missing from the show.
    Not sure if Exhibitors were not able to make it, but many titles were deeply missed.

A lot of pinball machines were busted, which was upsetting.
    There was a great effort from a few guys working on machines to get them back up.
    To them, I say "Thank you." I would have not been able to try Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Lemons without your dedication and expertise.

The show program didn't list the show floor times.
    I was unaware that the Friday Tourney from 6-Midnight was in the main show room floor.
    Previously, it was in a separate room, and that confused me, so I missed my chance to enter.

Holy Smokes! Saturday was SLAMMED! It was way too crowded and the U floor plan would trap you in a couple dead ends. I really missed the oval room layout. Much easier to navigate to the other side that way. Sunday's crowds were more pleasant, but the best time to play was Saturday night in the last couple hours of the show. I said to myself, " Oh, no one is playing Big Bang Bar or King Pin?, Don't mind if I do." This was the time I took the attached photos. Not the greatest photos, mind you. I was just going for something different.

I liked the guy's music he was playing next to the Punchy the Clown, but I think that kind of stuff would be better received in a separate room. The robot band figures location last year comes to mind. I really want to get into my game, and added music was semi distracting.

I get it. Stern and Marco wanted to raise the roof with a concert experience with the added speakers on MET. I liked this, but again it was distracting while I was trying to enjoy other games nearby. I am sure some may remember the Black Knight 2000 that was turned up to max level on 2 machines last year. LOL! It was like that.

Wizard of Oz, I love you. I only wish there was more of you. There was no way around not waiting to play this title. There were plenty of MET. So the wait was brief. I liked that a lot.

I really like how many of the video games were presented. All the vector games were together. All Nintendo's, together. All Pac Man's, together. That was clever folks. more of that please.

Overall, fun as usual.
    Could use a little improvement.
    Which is why I offer my two cents.

sP7130119.jpgsP7130119.jpg sP7130147.jpgsP7130147.jpg sP7130123.jpgsP7130123.jpg sP7130124.jpgsP7130124.jpg sP7130127.jpgsP7130127.jpg sP7130128.jpgsP7130128.jpg

#2 10 years ago

A few more pics.

sP7130144.jpgsP7130144.jpg sP7130142.jpgsP7130142.jpg sP7130153.jpgsP7130153.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Here was my played List with some notes.

Pinball:

Scared Stiff - I love this game, I want it. Leaper target was stuck
    The Avengers - Interesting shots but too much clutter. Play field not open. Ball stuck too often.
    Jolly Park - So interesting, it's good fun. Flipper not strong enough to make the loop.
    Metallica - Awesome shots, killer toys, fun call outs, great art. Reliability is the question?
    Deadly Weapon - Pretty awful, not fun. Weird layout I couldn't get into.
    Silver Slugger - OK game. Too simple. Nice LED's though.
    Ticket Tac Toe - Redemption Pin was surprising fun for what it was.
    Monster Bash - Color DMD is glorious. Flippers were very weak on this one.
    Defender Pinball - Surprised how fun this was. Multi-ball was clever.
    Wizard of Oz - Beautiful game, challenging play, loved the out lane bonus. Eager for more code.
    Safe Cracker - Great to play. Time setting was generous. No Magic token
    Tales From the Crypt - It was pretty good, not crazy about theme but fun to play.
    Punchy the Clown - Redemption Pin that was big fun, I was surprised.
    Nudge It - Oye. Probably the worst Redemption game ever.
    Transporter the Rescue - Loved it, a lot going on, fun multi-ball and call outs, neat ramps.
    Tommy Prototype - So cool, Extra pops, alternate art and others goodies are great.
    King Pin - Not big on the theme, but so fun and unique. Nice ramps and power meter is neat.
    Centaur - Was OK, not too memorable.
    Alien Poker - Was OK, not too memorable.
    Mata Hari - Was not OK, did nothing for me.
    Flip Flop - Was OK, not too memorable.
    Big Bag Bar - Oh yeah, tasty pinball action. Love it. Clever.
    Big Juicy Melons - Liked it a lot. So unique, pretty and old school with face lift.
    Black Knight 2000 - Give me your money! Still awesome! Best pin soundtrack.
    Doodle Bug - Was OK, not too memorable.
    Diner - Love it, flipper's were a little weak, couldn't reach the cup spin.
    Space Shuttle - This game was pretty, nice play field, Fun multi-ball.
    Silverball Mania - Great classic game, Love it.
    Super Mario Bros. Mushroom World - Pretty, fun, right flipper was weak.
    Vector - Too Hard, cluttered play field, was OK to play.
    Whirlwind w/ Industrial fan - Such a treat! Hilarious fun! Guaranteed to blow other's BO away.
    WWF Royal Rumble - Theme isn't for me, but nice for a wide body game.
    Xenon - Very pretty classic pin. Hard to play but so fun. Paw, paw paw!
    Pac Man Pinball - Had a Ms. Pac Man marquee in it? Fun to play. Neat play field game.
    Metallica Pro - Much less awesome than the LE
    Big Hurt - Blah, I did not like this. Flippers were too weak. Maybe if they weren't, could be fun?
    Jack-Bot - Love it! Double or Nothing baby! Skill Shot spring was weak though.
    Rapid Fire - Fun but honestly I don't get what I'm supposed to be doing. LOL!
    Jurassic Park - Lovely game, Super fun, so sad though without it's topper.
    Addam's Family - Wonderful game, worked awesome, Love it!
    Attack from Mars - Great game, was tired so couldn't get far, but loved it.
    Banzai Run - Loved it, worked great.
    Wheel of Fortune - Not sure why many don't like this game! Love it! It's a good weird.
    Tommy - Great game, was tired so couldn't get far, but loved it.
    Genie - Cool Classic widebody

Video Games:

Black Widow
    Crazy Climber
    Donkey Kong II - OMG hard as hell! LOL!
    Super Sprint
    Panic Park - Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! LOVE IT!
    Marble Madness
    Marble Man - Joysticks were meh

1 week later
    #11 10 years ago

Hello yellow shirt guy. That was about 1:30 in the morning. Now that is dedication.

Quoted from 30FathomDave:

The narcissist in me was excited to see that I snuck into one of your pics. I'm the dude in the yellow shirt playing The Avengers LE pin.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballMolly:

Geez, even when you can muster up a compliment you bomb it with a few more complaints! Tough customer!

I'm passionate about what I like. I don't candy coat.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Sounds like a sour puss.

Doh, Typo! Very clever though!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider n2kenai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-review-and-pics-from-ca-ex?tu=n2kenai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.