(Topic ID: 20020)

My Recent Vist to " HEP " Chris Hutchins High End Pins, Thanks Chris !

By ctozzi

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 216 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jayhawkai
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gropu_hug.jpg
    DWW_005.jpg
    photo(2).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    photo.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 11 years ago

That's cool. Did you get a good look at his Krull?!

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from ctozzi:

Funniest thing about him is he doesn't even own 1 pinball machine

But he has. The last pin that Chris owned was a TF LE. It didn't last long. It didn't help that his kids showed little interest in it.

#82 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

I think Chris was just trying to make a point that he doesn't always start off with pretty decent "7 or 8" quality pins. He sometimes takes games that are totally blown out and turns them into examples that were better then when the came off the factory floor. Where did you read between the lines and come up with he was doing this out of the goodness of his heart ( charity )???

Exactly.

I really can't comprehend where this thread has gone. Talk about taking a weird turn. PinballHelp made some statement about Chris' business as though he knew what he was talking about. Why he felt the need to even try to say what Chris does or the type of clients that he has is beyond me, but as a reminder, he said:

Quoted from PinballHelp:

I have never seen him take anything that was too horribly damaged (although I imagine he has, but as you can see from the pictures, he's often taking a "7-8" and turning it into an "11"). He seems to cater to the pinball-as-an-investment market and very rich people who can afford to have pristine machines.

So there are obviously two statements that Chris says are wrong: he doesn't take anything "too horribly damaged" and he caters to "very rich people".

If those statement are in fact wrong, and someone is saying this as fact, why would anyone be surprised or offended that Chris would correct this erroneous information? It isn't a matter of whether the statements were intended to be derogatory, it is a matter of them being wrong. It isn't like Chris made a Federal case out of it.

#85 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

never tell someone they have no right to an opinion...that is asking for trouble.

When someone says that HEP doesn't take/repair "anything too horribly damaged" and caters to "very rich people", that seems to be more of a statement of fact than opinion.

#95 11 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

I think it's been estimated that "top dollar" might equate to $50/hr. So, not exactly top of the scale.
    I would think that people like say, lawyers for example, are getting a crapload more than that. I would also guess that some lawyers (purely as an example) get into that line of work for pure profit, while others see it as a vocation and do it for less common pursuits. I think there is room for both types in that profession as in Chris'
    Someone's motivations should not be subject to public trial on a forum like this. That's just an opinion.
    With posts continuously turning into this crap, it's no wonder guys like Jim have already backed away. If some here want to push away anyone with any real knowledge of this hobby from posting and participating, just keep this up.
    Way too much drama here from people who's only contribution to this hobby is opening up their checkbook whenever a new pin is announced. Quite frankly, their opinions don't really amount to much next to someone who has paid some dues and actually contributes to this hobby.
    I'd rather hear a bit more from Chris on some of the stories behind some of these games (like Hercules) rather than give more airtime to nonsense.

+1000

#159 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Its about the INVESTMENT and the VALUE for the majority of people that send in pins to him.........if you believe otherwise you are totally NAIVE!.....

Ice, why do you keep digging your hole deeper and deeper?

You keep saying this as though it is a fact, and is so "obvious", yet virtually everyone disagrees with this assertion. Including me.

Anyone who sends a pin to Chris at HEP does so with the knowledge that they will not be recovering their entire investment. Obviously the pin that has received the HEP treatment will be worth a lot more than it's non HEP counterpart....but you don't send a pin to Chris in order to make a profit. To do so would be "totally NAIVE!"

#195 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Its ok man, not really trying to tool or rile anybody up (at least initially!)....it's all good, have a little healthy dialogue, even name calling, I don't take it personally....and then like Tiger says...HUG IT OUT! Sorry fellas, as lawyers, its what we do, wear the other side out, just having some fun tooling around....doesn't mean I'm a "tool" or anybody else on here is

Lawyers SUCK!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-recent-vist-to-hep-chris-hutchins-high-end-pins-thanks-chris?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.