Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Predator Blur resize.jpg
Predator Creature resize.jpg
Clock.jpg
Translite.jpg
#1 9 years ago

My translite was faded & yellowed, so, using paint.net, I put together a new one with images I found on the net. I traced the word 'Raven' in AutoCAD (I don't know or have any photo software).
At my old job I would have plotted it on a piece of frosted mylar (one side has a rough texture to diffuse light), but at this job the plotter's not ours & there's no mylar, so I plotted it on bond paper using an OCE inkjet plotter. I knew it would be light, so I plotted 2 copies & glued them together using LePages spray adhesive. It's dark, especially 'Raven', but I think it would look good on mylar. I'm going to look around for a print service that prints colour on mylar. It's appears to be harder than I thought it would be.
Translite.jpgTranslite.jpg
I was browsing the web & saw the pop bumper clocks at Pinball Life so I drew up a Raven bumper cap in AutoCAD & printed it on an 11x17" paper using a laser printer. My friend didn't like the little table clock I had in my bsaement so he had given me a cheap wall clock. I took it apart & replaced the face of it with the print. I think it looks pretty cool. It would look better on a flat piece of wood without the plastic surround though.
Clock.jpgClock.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Ok that's just awesome!

#3 9 years ago

Thanks!
I'm bored at work so here are a couple I did if I want to retheme it to Predator:
Predator Creature resize.jpgPredator Creature resize.jpg
Predator Blur resize.jpgPredator Blur resize.jpg
Would be a pretty cool retheme. Use one of those MP3 boards so when you launch the ball you hear the predator sound, when you hit the spinner & the helicopter starts Arnold says "Get to the choppa!" & when the ball drains you hear the sound of the predator when it's ripping out a spine/skull.
Of course, I'd have to do a waaay better job of piecing things together.

3 weeks later
#4 9 years ago

That translite looks awesome! And I like the idea for the retheme! Stop giving me ideas.... Need... More... Time....

#5 9 years ago

That is a very nice alt translite. Well done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-raven-translite-pop-bumper-clock and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.