7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by NinJaBooT
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg
    FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg
    FullSizeRender_7_(resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

I figured its time to do the swap on my High Speed. I've been meaning to build a rotisserie for while but never got around to it. There are lots of good ideas on here on how to build one so with a few ideas of my own I came up with this. Everything came from Princess Auto and it cost me so far(of course I plan on pimpin it out)about 75 CAD. I used a 3/4 chained hitch pin http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/5-8-x-4-1-2-in-hitch-pin/A-p8051234e with a 3/4 steady bearing http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/3-4-in-steady-bearing/A-p8180978e. The bearing allows for smooth movement. I found some rectangular security bars in my garage which I used for securing the playfield. I have about 2 hours work into it so far.

FullSizeRender_7_(resized).jpgFullSizeRender_7_(resized).jpg

FullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpgFullSizeRender_5_(resized).jpg

FullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpgFullSizeRender_4_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Like that bearing...but what are you going to do with different length playfields....some are 46", some, like yours there prob are 42"...
    Modern pfs are longer than what you are working with there....

#3 7 years ago

How will you lock it in position?

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Like that bearing...but what are you going to do with different length playfields....some are 46", some, like yours there prob are 42"...
    Modern pfs are longer than what you are working with there....

I currently have 3 playfields to swap. 1 HS and 2 FT. I think they are both the same length. I wanted something that was quick and easy to make that wasn't made out of steel pipe and c-clamps. It took me no time to make it so I can easily modify to accommodate a larger playfield should the need arise or slap together another one.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from PanaPinResto:

I'm working on that next.

#6 7 years ago

Keep at it. Once you get them how you like they're great tools.

#7 7 years ago

I really like your setup. The pipe ones are fine and work great but like your design.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from PanaPinResto:

I used 2 thumb turn screen door locks. I added one to the other end opposite side. Works awesome!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-playfield-rotisserie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.