My Pinball Magic for Cyclone? Trade advice please

By jewboyflowerhead

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I've been offered a Cyclone+$400 for my great condition Pinball Magic. I kinda scoffed at the offer at first, but after seeing pictures, I am seriously considering it. The machine is beautiful and looks near mint. I have a couple offers of $2300 for Pinball Magic, but I prefer trades.

I guess my question is the resale value of a Cyclone in excellent condition. Is getting $1700-$2000 for it realistic? I tend to only keep games for a few months

#2 11 years ago

No way in hell I would make that trade unless the Cyclone was NIB

#3 11 years ago

I'll trade you a Monopoly for that PM

#4 11 years ago

Definitely need more cash added - the most you'd get out of a Cyclone would be mid-1K's unless it's got new playfield, ramps and such.

#5 11 years ago

Cyclones are usually beat to hell with one or more ramps broken, cab damage/fade and playfield wear. If that's not the case with this one and you really want a Cyclone then I'd seriously consider the trade because you don't find them in that condition very often. However, if any of those issues are present, I agree with u2sean - more cash would have to be put into the deal. Even then, you'd have to decide what you would live with since new ramps are planned but there's no timetable for when they will become available and you'd have to get into a bidding war for those that occasionally pop up on flea bay.

viperrwk

#6 11 years ago

Thanks for the responses, I'd love to hear a few more. I was kinda thinking $1600 would be top dollar for a really nice cyclone

#7 11 years ago

Don't even think about trading PM for Cyclone.

#8 11 years ago

I wouldnt trade it. Cyclones are always around. If you do trade it, I would want at least the cyclone and 1k

#9 11 years ago

You'd need at least $800 to $1k in cash to make that deal even plausible in my opinion. Trying to sell a cyclone over $1700 would be very difficult in Nebraska, probably be lucky to get $1200 to $1400 regardless of condition.

#10 11 years ago

I'd Give you my JP, or TFTC and $400 for that game.

#11 11 years ago

That sir, is a disgrace!

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That sir, is a disgrace!

Who, me or the original offer? I figure my offer is better than a Cyclone offer.

#13 11 years ago

I agree Jew, Pinball Magics seem to be mid 2k range from what I've seen.

Cyclones are definitely sub 2k machines. Unless NIB, since those don't exist

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

Who, me or the original offer? I figure my offer is better than a Cyclone offer.

The original offer.

#15 11 years ago

I'd Give you my JP, or TFTC and $400 for that game.

That sounds like a deal. And you can keep the $400. Love data east

You guys are making me feel like an idiot for even considering the cyclone trade. Sometimes I make some poor decisions when I look for a specific game.

#16 11 years ago

Ugh no.... maybe PM for Cyclone and $1k+ (based on condition)

#17 11 years ago

BTW, I've dealt with both Jewboy and Postmaster, both stand up dudes, deal with confidence!

#18 11 years ago

Yeah, never do the Cyclone for PM trade. The TFTC or JP offer is good though.

#19 11 years ago

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone. Gotta start some where. Only game I thought would be a fair offer plus cash would be RS, but you have one.

Didn't mean to hurt any feelings.

I was trying to state that I thought JP and $400 would be a better deal than Cyclone and $400 in my opinion.

#20 11 years ago

I think $1k is a pretty good number. I see PM as a $2k pin and a Cyclone as a $1k pin, give or take (probably a little low on both).

#21 11 years ago

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone. Gotta start some where.

I wasn't offended at all. I really do love Data East. I have played several and have enjoyed most of them. I sold my LAH a few months ago and have been looking to add another DE title since

#22 11 years ago

If your Cyclone deal falls through, keep me in mind.

ThePostmaster

#23 11 years ago

If your Cyclone deal falls through, keep me in mind.
ThePostmaster

Will do. I've had my eye out for a TFTC.

#24 11 years ago

I'd do my Who Dunnit and pay shipping both ways! BAM!

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Don't even think about trading PM for Cyclone

I second that. Unless you are sick of PM the Cyclone trade would need more cash than 400, easily.

#26 11 years ago

I'm not saying this is typical, but I sold a very nice Cyclone for $2250 about 3 months ago. It had been restored, new Comet ramp and plastic set, playfield was touched up and clear coated and the cabinet was in great shape, LED in the inserts and backbox and a color changing LED shooter rod. Everything worked 100%.

It took all of 2 days to sell it. I'm guessing it must have been the right person looking for a Cyclone in great condition just as I put it up for sale.

#27 11 years ago

cyclone doesn't even have a multiball. Even if he gave you 2 mint Cyclones, I wouldn't do the trade. Cyclone is a $900 machine. Even mint you'd be sitting awhile to unload it at 1300. PM is the best magic themed pinball out there. Blows the doors off of TOM.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from jewboyflowerhead:

Will do. I've had my eye out for a TFTC.

I'd bring it to you!!!

#29 11 years ago

NO!!!

#30 11 years ago

hell, i'd give you a Starship Troopers and DE Time machine straight up trade for that PM. Both games fully working, nice bright displays on both, and SST has a beefed up sound system, so it doesn't hurt your ears from the piercing bug noises.

#31 11 years ago

Pinball Magic in my opinion is one of the most underrated, underpriced games you can find! I have been looking for a nice one for quite some time. If I had one, it would take a lot more than a cyclone for me to trade it away.

#32 11 years ago

If I was you I would entertain that TFTC offer....still greatly underated pin, just starting to get some of the respect it deserves.....make the trade, pocket the cash and never look back

#33 11 years ago

PM getting some major love! GL on the trade Jewboy!

#34 11 years ago

When I got my PM it needed a bunch of work. It is in great shape now. I don't think I'd ever get rid of it.

#35 11 years ago

PM is a great game, cyclone is cool but not in the same league.

#36 11 years ago

Keep the PM !!!!

#37 11 years ago

PM: Twice the game of TOM at half the price.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

PM: Twice the game of TOM at half the price.

That is exactly right!

#39 11 years ago

"PM is a great game, cyclone is cool but not in the same league."
I'll second that. But Cyclone is not a dog, either. It's a $1,000-ish game. No multi-ball hurts it. But for not having a multi-ball, it's a pretty solid game.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Wickedquickss:

If I was you I would entertain that TFTC offer....still greatly underated pin, just starting to get some of the respect it deserves.....make the trade, pocket the cash and never look back

Yea, what he said...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfields
Mod Magic!

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 209.00
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-pinball-magic-for-cyclone-trade-advice-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.