Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by scooter
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

idaho_springs_downtown_600x600.jpg
    IMG_0752.jpg
    IMG_0750.jpg
    IMG_0749.JPG
    IMG_0747.JPG
    IMG_0746.JPG
    IMG_0744.JPG
    IMG_0741.JPG
    IMG_0723.jpg

#1 13 years ago

As many of you know I have been working on opening my Pinball Parlor up here in the mountains of Colorado, and it is finally open. I wanted to share some pictures with you guys as well as extend an invite to everyone who may be up this way anytime in the future.

We currently have the following games, and more games coming soon..

Twilight Zone
    Pinbot
    Millionaire
    Cherry Bell
    Rocky & Bullwinkle
    Card Whiz
    Hurricane
    Judge Dredd
    TX-Sector
    Sorcerer
    Multicade w/ 4 vids, mrs pacman, frogger, galaga, donky kong
    Arkanoid Cocktail

The address is -
    Flipper McGill's
    1535 Miner Street
    Idaho Springs, Colorado 80452

Here are some pictures, I know the place is a work in progress. Needs more decoration, looks a little TOO nice and not arcade like yet, but I am working on that. I find that a lot of people come in and just look and stare at the pins, which I find highly annoying, these are not antiques in a china closet they are Pinball machines made to put money in and play them, and shake them and hit them when you get mad. It is OK I swear. Now I just need to hire some metalhead kids to hang out in front of the arcade and smoke cigarettes/dope and ask people for quarters so they can play, that would be more like the arcades I remember as a kid. hahah

As a side note, this has been a massive undertaking and I tell you what. Getting this many pins "location" ready is a lot of work. I have nothing but massive respect for ANYONE who has more than 10 pins on location. You have no idea the level of work required to get this many pins ready to go day in and day out without problems. I hope to one day be as nice as the guys place in Lyons, which inspired me to do this whole idea in the first place.

IMG_0723.jpgIMG_0723.jpg IMG_0741.JPGIMG_0741.JPG IMG_0744.JPGIMG_0744.JPG IMG_0746.JPGIMG_0746.JPG IMG_0747.JPGIMG_0747.JPG IMG_0749.JPGIMG_0749.JPG

#2 13 years ago

More pics. Sorry for the bad quality just iphone pics.
    More soon

IMG_0750.jpgIMG_0750.jpg IMG_0752.jpgIMG_0752.jpg

#3 13 years ago

Oh yea, and we also have a repair shop in the back I will get pics over of that soon. We offer pin repair from EM to Stern Whitestar and everything in between.

#4 13 years ago

Thats awsome i wish i lived closer =(. By the way is 200 bucks too much money for an arkanoid coktail table in good shape?

#5 13 years ago

200 bucks is a great deal for any cocktail that's working

#6 13 years ago

That is Great,hope you are successful!! Would like to try it myself some day.

#7 13 years ago

grab it wes2989 thats a great deal and makes a great converastion piece. they were made to go on cruise ships to play. Oh and maldoror great establishment, we need more in this world I dont want pinball to die.

#8 13 years ago

Looks like a great place you have Maldoror,
    Idaho Springs looks like a place I'd love to visit on the road West.
    Perhaps instead of metal heads you could have a few good looking ladies
    serving awesome coffee & donuts? -just a thought you know

idaho_springs_downtown_600x600.jpgidaho_springs_downtown_600x600.jpg

#9 13 years ago

I am right across the street as that photograph, that is pretty much the view from my window. Nice find on the photo.

I hope all of you stop by over the years, It is a nice place to visit any time of year. Summer however is the best in my opinion.

#10 13 years ago

Oh Yeah !
    love to play that Cherry bell and TX -Sector

#11 13 years ago

Looks great maldoror.

As far as decorations go, there are stickers (?) that they sell online that appear like wallpaper. Designs of like the spaceships of Galaga and Space Invaders and such. I might end up ordering some for my gameroom.

#12 13 years ago

Got any links dr bond?

#13 13 years ago

One of these days maldo .. one of these days .. I'll show up with my sleeping bag

#15 13 years ago

Thanks for the links! Those are awesome, I will be ordering some come monday

#16 13 years ago

Nice! fusion301 found the links.

Great gameroom decor, and affordable to boot.

#17 13 years ago

I am very impressed to see how far you've come already, Maldoror! The location looks very nice indeed (thanks for that street photo Autumnfade) and the setup inside is real nice and cozy! Are you also serving drinks, is there a place to sit and relax? All the pinball artwork is a nice touch! I would love to visit one day, if I ever get to that part of the world. Congrats with Flipper McGills and I hope you will have good and fun pinball business!

#18 13 years ago

Thanks Robin, there's no on site drink and food yet but I plan on adding basic food and drink soon, it is very high on the priority list. Not really alot of room to sit down but there is some basic seating along the front window. Each day has been busier than the last, today included. Starting to see some pinhead types stop by and actually play for a while, which is awesome. It should get really busy around these parts come Memorial Day (U.S.) it gets crazy up here, I will not have any problem getting business during the summer months. Can work on sales/service of pins during the slower months to keep the bills paid. It is not a really expensive location by any means, but it has great foot traffic as it is right on the main street. I wonder who the first pinsider to stop by will be?

I have to go work on pinbot now, he is not doin so hot...

#20 13 years ago

Looks great and good luck. If I'm ever up in that neck of woods I be sure to drop by and drop some change.

#21 13 years ago

You could aslo put some of these on your walls maldoror http://www.pinballdecals.com/PinballArtworkPage.html

#22 13 years ago

The posters from Treasure cove look good too. I bought the TZ and Fishtales ones.

#23 13 years ago

Maldoror - you should start a montly masters tournament, where you charge 15- 20 bucks to the pinheads to get in, set everything on free play and play for cool prizes - you will make a small amount of money, meet some cool people and hopefully get people talking...

Its fun to have friendly competition brings things to another level. If you want any more info I can tell you how some folks around here do the tournaments.

#24 13 years ago

I know the place I go that has only 8 games post the high scores on the wall.
    to me they seam like unbelievable scores but neat to know what you need to be competitive

#25 13 years ago

Looks great! Hope the word gets around that pinballs coming back. I would love to come play some of those pins. All the best!

#26 13 years ago

That's awesome. I'm sure it's a lot of work, but if you love it, you're set!

I mention how I plan to build an arcade as a retirement job. I should just do it sooner.

Once you get some pinheads hanging out, you should see if one of them wants to run a league, or start a weekly tournament. The league near me is $4 a week, and you have put quarters in the machines. So it's like $6 a week for ten weeks. Get 10-15 pinheads to play weekly, and they'll be back during the week to practice. lol

#27 13 years ago

Hi Maldoror .
    Congrats for this project - Wish you very good business.

It seems you have forgotten our flag : the .......................pinside logo.

Hope visit you soon , and try your machines!

Lionel

#28 13 years ago

The place looks great! I doubt I'll be the first Pinsider to drop by (it's about a 15 hour drive) but I will try to make it the next time I'm in the Denver area.

I hope you'll keep us posted with how things go when the busy season hits.

#29 13 years ago

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I got some local press.

http://www.lcni5.com/cgi-bin/c2.cgi?040+article+News+20100504164018040040003

Anything helps

#30 13 years ago

Nice write up, that free press is always helpfull.

#31 13 years ago

Congratulations Maldoror!! Great story about one of our own.

#32 13 years ago

Great write up on the new shop....Good luck to you and the business. It's a great idea.

#33 13 years ago

fusion301 - Did I just play with you at Allentown? I'm Bayless. I played in the monthly masters there. I sported my pinball at warp speed pinside shirt there.

Malador, I'm sure you may have seen it, but the Free State Pinball Assoc. has league rules on their site. Pretty complex, but take what you like and have fun.

http://www.fspazone.org/

Nice quote "It was the ‘80s, and pinball was king.", get that reporter to come back in one year and write "It's the 21st century, and pinball is king!"

You and Robin really have me thinking...hehehehe 5 year plan to build an arcade.

#34 13 years ago

5 year plan to build a pinball arcade,sounds very interesting!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-pinball-establishment?tu= and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.