5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by smokey_789
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

So a couple months ago i had been asking around on this forum for a tron table.. and once i bought that machine i decided to buy an ac/dc table... then after that i decided to just go all out lol.. i ended up turning my garage into a pinball "man cave" i guess you'd say.. I bought shrek, elvis, and pirates of the caribbean (all from MP amusement), so now i have 5 machines in there. Painted the walls, added a jukebox, black and white tile laminate for the flooring, led lights around the wall, turned out pretty neat in my opinion. Anyways i had made a video showing the transformation, just thought id share it with you fellas on here. I got a wizard of oz ruby red table coming this week to add into my collection, and im currently looking for a batman dark knight table to finish it off (there is JUST enough room to fit those 2 machines on the end before i am completely out of room in the garage lol). What is funny about it is someone on here said "once you get 1 or 2 machines your going to want more".. i never thought id end up with this many but i really do love some pinball. Now just got to find time to play them lol..

anyways here is the vid (i don't know how to embed the video on the post, if someone wants to tell me i can try to do it, otherwise here is the link on youtube)

#2 5 years ago

Looks great! Your boy loves it, so you done good. Foot pads/sliders will save your floor.

Dave

#3 5 years ago

The ACDC is a Premium, not LE and you should put something under the legs so they dont dig into the flooring .

It looks awesome though and nice selection of pins! POTC better then Tron??? Its ok ill fogive you!

#4 5 years ago

Nice video. Have you looked into something like Pinfooties to keep the flooring from getting damaged?
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2110

#5 5 years ago

Ah, ya your right on the acdc, i just wasn't thinking when i said that, i guess the LE is the back in black version, "premium" just didn't click in my head when i mentioned that, but if i ever get around to doing an actual gameplay / review video i will make sure i correct that.

I did think about putting something down under the legs like what you mentioned, i probably should find something to put down before i rip up the vinyl laminate.

As far as tron goes, my wife and kid LOVE the tron table, and i love the movie.. but so far i just haven't really been able to get into it. I've yet to even crack a leaderboard score on it, and when i do play it i have a really tough time keeping the ball in play, i drain out faster on there than any other table for sure.. its not even close. That is probably why i haven't enjoyed playing it as much, i think im pretty average so far when it comes to skill..

I have pretty good reflexes but i haven't really done much bumping on the tables which is something you really need to do a lot of on the tron machine in my opinion.. seems like the ball always wants to drop straight down the middle or drain out the sides.

I will probably enjoy playing the shrek machine a little more once the donkey pinball right flipper gets fixed, when i got the machine it wasn't working that well. It works just fine with the service menu opened up and pressing the button inside the door, but it won't work with the right flipper button. Oddly enough the main right flipper of the machine works just fine lol.. M&P amusement has it on warranty so they will be down to fix it soon. Gene over there is a really cool guy, the LED lighting they did on shrek, pirates, and elvis look awesome.

Also, i did remove the mid video ads off of the youtube vid, i didn't even know they were on there until just now. Machinima has that channel networked and they kind of took it upon themself to add mid-video ads to the entire channel i guess.. bleh.. (i don't actively work on that channel anymore)

#6 5 years ago

You need a Pinball Broker ( like Me ) I'm right up the rd from U !! Yr pay-n 2 MUCH for Pin's
    ( not Table's ) ) $ 7K for an AC/DC Prem is way 2 much ,, I picked up a NIB Prem- earlier this Yr for $ 5100 .. Anyway , The garage is a Great Area for a Gameroom like my GRG !!
    Lets Talk , PM sent ..
    Also B-Lo is a video of an AC/DC pro that i had w/ All the songs Changed ,, Pinball Browser is a Good Thing !! Come to my Pad and play my TWD , bring yr kid , i have 2 girl's that will keep him company

Here's just 1 of Many of my GRG video's . Be Cool ,, B_R

#7 5 years ago

U should buy these 2 Pin's from my Pin board Tech- Jack ,, MM is goin thru a Shop now

#8 5 years ago

I don't know "Black Rose" but from what I have seen posted about him he seems like a good guy. On the other hand I live about a hour from M&P Amusements and rarely have I ever talked to anyone who has bought from them and had a good experience.

Even if you pull up old post you will likely see what I am talking about with M&P. I hate to be negative towards anyone in the hobby (or business) but I do have to agree with Black_Rose. Next time you are looking for a pin you might want to check in with him and at least compare.

In any event glad you are enjoying this great hobby!

#9 5 years ago

Your gameroom garage looks great! You have a nice variety of games, all nice ones Be sure to teach your boy all about the games, and get him excited about pinball. I'm certain it's something he'll cherish for years to come.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from reviewzonehd:

So a couple months ago i had been asking around on this forum for a tron table.. and once i bought that machine i decided to buy an ac/dc table... then after that i decided to just go all out lol.. i ended up turning my garage into a pinball "man cave" i guess you'd say.. I bought shrek, elvis, and Pirates of the Caribbean (all from MP amusement), so now i have 5 machines in there. Painted the walls, added a jukebox, black and white tile laminate for the flooring, led lights around the wall, turned out pretty neat in my opinion. Anyways i had made a video showing the transformation, just thought id share it with you fellas on here. I got a wizard of oz ruby red table coming this week to add into my collection, and im currently looking for a Batman Dark Knight table to finish it off (there is JUST enough room to fit those 2 machines on the end before i am completely out of room in the garage lol). What is funny about it is someone on here said "once you get 1 or 2 machines your going to want more".. i never thought id end up with this many but i really do love some pinball. Now just got to find time to play them lol..
    anyways here is the vid (i don't know how to embed the video on the post, if someone wants to tell me i can try to do it, otherwise here is the link on youtube)
    » YouTube video

Great vid. Now ya need a bigger garage.

#11 5 years ago

Been thinking someday it's gonna be either AZ or NC. NC it is!
    btw Huskies are COOL

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 14.95
    Various Novelties
    Allteksystems
    $ 129.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 299.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 165.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Professor Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 30.00
    $ 59.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 59.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside