Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by davewtf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hercules.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

http://s433.photobucket.com/albums/qq60/dvandentop/pinball%20expo%202011/?start=all

check em out, thanks to Nick angel for the sale of the White water and helping me load it up

thanks to coin taker and the other vendors for being there allowing me to pick up some other stuff while there.

crap i wish i woulda know pinball life was out west i drove right by there yesterday and today on the way home!

#2 12 years ago

Congrats!! on whitewater..thanks for the pics too and theres one pic with a
    backbox with buttons on the side what was that all about?

#3 12 years ago

Thank you for sharing!

#4 12 years ago

great pics thanks for sharing! Congrats on the whitewater! Getting a great line up!

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Congrats!! on whitewater..thanks for the pics too and theres one pic with a
    backbox with buttons on the side what was that all about?

that was one of the vendors they can test out any board pretty much without needing a whole machine is what i got from looking at it.

maybe someone more in the know will chime in.

i wish the pic of hercules woulda shown up better that pin is HUGE

#6 12 years ago

Great pics! I was there for three days and never even noticed that PZ. Was it for sale?

#7 12 years ago

yes it was right by the front door i believe it was, i think asking price was around 1700 or so hard to remember with so much else going on

Post edited by dvandentop

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from dvandentop:

that was one of the vendors they can test out any board pretty much without needing a whole machine is what i got from looking at it.

maybe someone more in the know will chime in.

i wish the pic of hercules woulda shown up better that pin is HUGE

I see, Hercules is the biggest pin and its not made for a girly man.
    They use a Q-ball in that game.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

I see, Hercules is the biggest pin and its not made for a girly man.
    They use a Q-ball in that game.

i played it, was great fun

also included in the pic is a GM plant in janesville WI that is closed down where the tahoes and yukons were made up until 2008, hard to imagine a place so big just sitting empty.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from dvandentop:

also included in the pic is a GM plant in janesville WI that is closed down where the tahoes and yukons were made up until 2008, hard to imagine a place so big just sitting empty.

Thats sad and thats not the only one many are shut down across the U.S.
    Its a Shame..

#11 12 years ago

Here is a picture I took of my 7-year-old son playing Hercules at The Guinness World Records Museum in Niagra Falls. This will give you a good idea of just how wide that sucker is ...

Hercules.jpgHercules.jpg

#12 12 years ago

It was funny watching kids play Hercules. I saw a lot of them with their arms spread out about as wide as possible to play it much like Gweem's son. Gives a good idea of just how massive that thing is!

#13 12 years ago

Congratulations on the new purchase, D! Hopefully we can get together to play a few games and hang out for a while.

#14 12 years ago

And to work on that beast you have to be on your back and open the
    bottom of the machine..Like working on a car

#15 12 years ago

so, dvandentop, where do you live in wisconsin? Your location says SD but you have WI plates. Just curious. I'm from Appleton and live in madison.

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

oh man that would be lovely LOL

would like to see the insides of the thing!

Quoted from ssathre:

Congratulations on the new purchase, D! Hopefully we can get together to play a few games and hang out for a while.

yeah for sure! give me a holler if coming my way usually home for the most part

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

I can already envision the solder dripping right into my eye.

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

so, dvandentop, where do you live in wisconsin? Your location says SD but you have WI plates. Just curious. I'm from Appleton and live in madison.

no i have SD plates unless you saw another car??

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

If you're talking about the pic of the Scion, I'm pretty sure he snapped it due to the conflicting ideologies of having Obama AND Ron Paul for President stickers on this particular car he saw. If it is a husband and wife that have those viewpoints it must make for an interesting homelife!

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I can already envision the solder dripping right into my eye.

HeHe!! Its hard enough to work on pins standing up i could'nt imagine
    working on them laying on my back..And yes i would probably lose an
    eye to solder dripping

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

If you're talking about the pic of the Scion, I'm pretty sure he snapped it due to the conflicting ideologies of having Obama AND Ron Paul for President stickers on this particular car he saw. If it is a husband and wife that have those viewpoints it must make for an interesting homelife!

LOL yeah i took a pic of it for my politcal loving friends.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from dvandentop:

yeah for sure! give me a holler if coming my way usually home for the most part

you mean when your not being called down to the SUX Walmart in the middle of the night? LOL. The GF has been wanting to check out that Carnaval steakhouse sometime. One of these nights maybe we can head up for some steak and Pinball!

#23 12 years ago

Glad you made it!

#24 12 years ago

Screw Hercules!! That jerkface bastard stole Bigfoot's pin. Bigfoot wipes his but with Hercules.

#25 12 years ago

Thanks for taking pictures of the Koala pins. I never knew they existed..

#26 12 years ago
    Quoted from emo:

Thanks for taking pictures of the Koala pins. I never knew they existed..

yep 1st time they were on public display in 30 years a sign said, pretty cool

LOL what is with the fat guy and save the whales on the T shirt on that one koala pin??

Quoted from ssathre:

you mean when your not being called down to the SUX Walmart in the middle of the night? LOL. The GF has been wanting to check out that Carnaval steakhouse sometime. One of these nights maybe we can head up for some steak and Pinball!

oh yeah it is gooooood! worth the drive

#27 12 years ago

Thanks for the pics! I just saw the 20 minute clip of Tilt on youtube where Brooke talks to the trucker about "love" and then plays the guy in the bar and wins...I noticed the "Koala" and wondered what it was...

Cool and thanks again. I enjoyed the weeds in the front of the GM building...that was sad.

#28 12 years ago

I was in Niagra a few years ago and did not get to see Herc. I guess I need to go back.

#29 12 years ago

Completely off topic, but while I was there with my family, a young exchange student from Japan slipped while posing for a picture up on the railing and was swept over the falls. Believe it or not, this is extremely rare. Quite a few people go over the falls each year, but it's usually on purpose. I don't believe they ever found her body ...

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2011/08/16/pkg.niagara.fall.body.miss.cbc

Edit: Looks like they did find the body ...

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/toronto/story.html?id=f581bccc-0a0c-4ba9-a395-196c38b8c98e

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

that's what i saw. Now that i look at it again, i see that it was being driven when the picture was taken. I was fixated on the WI plate.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-pics-from-2011-expo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.