• Latest reply 13 years ago by drbond
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oo7_goldeneye.jpg
#1 13 years ago

Well, I've done my research and I have created my list of potential pinball machines. Now all I need is your help because I've only had personal experience with one of them. (Super Mario Bros. Mushroom World) Which one of these pinball machines would make the best pick?

1. Street Fighter II
2. Goldeneye 007
3. WWF Royal Rumble
4. Super Mario Bros. Mushroom World
5. Breakshot
6. Mr. & Mrs. Pacman

#2 13 years ago

interesting research i would say none of them.

#3 13 years ago

Hmmm.....What is Goldeneye????

oo7_goldeneye.jpgoo7_goldeneye.jpg

#4 13 years ago

Wow, that's quite an esoteric list!

#5 13 years ago

I would say definitely not Pacman. It is rare. Hard to find some of the parts for it and didn't get good ratings from anyone I've ever read or spoken with.

#6 13 years ago

Out of that list I would definitely go with Goldeneye. I am not a big fan of those pins on the list, however, personal preferences really dictate what pins each of us like. If you can't play them before making the decision you really just have to go with your gut. Goldeneye would definitely be my pick.

#7 13 years ago

1. Goldeneye
2. Street Fighter II
3. WWF

#8 13 years ago

Out of that list, I'd go with the Sega Goldeneye.

Pacdork put up a really nice HD vid of his Goldeneye with a look at the awesome features in play (the magna save & satellite magnet).

#9 13 years ago

Wow a strange list for sure, I love the theme of Mario, but it kinda sucks for any experienced player, WWF is kinda fun if your a big WWF fan, my son loves it!

I would probably pick Goldeneye, or more likely pick none of those haha...

Good luck!

#10 13 years ago

With all of my little interests (vintage automobiles, video games) I have always tried to strive to be different. Plus, I have seen gameplay of all of those machines and thought they were ok. Plus, they should be cheaper than other more popular machines.

#11 13 years ago

Thats cool moflo43 ,
I'm into vitage bicycles this summer working on my 1st 'Italian job'
everyone loves a deal -
-good luck with it

#13 13 years ago

Goldeneye - fun game

I've been looking to buy a Goldeneye too. But the few I've seen for sale in my area all want over 2,000 for one - not worth it at that price

#14 13 years ago

moflo43 you hit the nail on the head, "all these should be cheaper".

buy anyone of them, play it until it brcomes boring, then trade up to a keeper.

#15 13 years ago

I say go with goldeneye

#16 13 years ago

I agree with the above that Goldeneye would be best from that list. But I do like my Street Fighter II and it has yet to become boring or require much maintenance etc. So keep it in mind as the next best choice with what you posted. Mine only cost $400 and all it needed was some lamps and TLC cleanup.

#17 13 years ago

Thanks for the insight everyone! The reason why I picked those machines were that I enjoy the licenses (video games were my first love!) and they looked pretty simple compared to beasts like Twillight Zone and Simpsons Pinball Party. Plus they are going to be cheaper due to their popularity.

BTW, I have recently learned about a machine called "Rollergames". It was one of Steve Ritchie's designs that never got very popular due to it's very 80's license. Does anyone have any experience with it? It looks interesting.

#18 13 years ago

Rollergames is a lot of fun. You can't really go wrong with a Steve Ritchie pinball.

The art on it would be great, if it didn't have dudes on it.

It is unmistakably a very early 90's game. Synth music and over the top sound quotes. Plays a lot like the first High Speed.

#19 13 years ago

I'm surprised no one has talked about Breakshot. It looked like a very well made machine that used its theme really well.

Thanks for the help everyone. I think I'll probably go with Goldeneye if I find one in my price range, otherwise just stick with Street Fighter II then WWF if things go sour.

#20 13 years ago

Breakshot is an interesting game.

I guess it was Capcom's answer to trying to bring back the spirit of the Electro Mechanical machine. For a 90's game, I don't think you will find anything like Breakshot.

Probably the best of all the pool theme games, though Sharkey's Shootout is kinda cool too. Breakshot (as well as Bally's Corvette) has some of the hottest babes in modern pinball art-wise. I seem to remember they were going to have zany barnyard animals instead of the chicks on Breakshot. Good thing that didn't happen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.95
$ 209.00
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-picks-for-first-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.